It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet as Foreseen in 1969

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Fascinating video from 1969, foretelling what the future of computers would bring for shopping and online banking. Not much additional information to go off of for this video. It's one of those pseudo-instructional narrative videos that I love so much, but not sure for what purpose, or what institution commissioned it to be made. Such a trippy video.. love the music, love the narrator. It's also quite creepy, for relatively obvious reasons. I feel like there's something deeper to be taken from it, though I can't yet formulate my thoughts as to what it might be..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, I've got to say, that's pretty impressive. s&f for bringing this across my experience.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The Turner Diaries was written in 78.Its creepy how the internets influence/purpose is predicted in that book.It also predicts how our electronic transactions will be used to monitor us.The book predicts alot of things that have come about.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
The Turner Diaries was written in 78.Its creepy how the internets influence/purpose is predicted in that book.It also predicts how our electronic transactions will be used to monitor us.The book predicts alot of things that have come about.

I'll have to read the Turner Diaries..

The video definitely seems less like a casual prediction, more like a way of preparing/desensitizing the population back then and an effort to direct the technology towards a certain end. Which is obviously coming to fruition today

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
"what the wife selects on her console will be paid for by the husband an his counterpart console."

Clearly she doesnt have the right to just buy things without his approval.
Some women would see this as oppressive.
Some men would see this as heaven.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
"what the wife selects on her console will be paid for by the husband an his counterpart console."

Clearly she doesnt have the right to just buy things without his approval.
Some women would see this as oppressive.
Some men would see this as heaven.

I think the claim is she is buying what she wants
with HIS money because you know there
was a time not to long ago where women could
sit home and raise there family without having
to work if they did not want too..

Sounds like heaven...
edit on 24-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Its worth a read for sure.And yeah,I agree.Seems the TPTB have had a grand plan for a long while now.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The husband shaking his head while reviewing the bank statements is hilarious. And yes, it's true.. back then, a completely average job worked by only the husband generated enough income to pay the mortgage, all the bills, and raise a family. We've truly been ƒU@k3D

I'm sure it's something TPTB have been working towards since the birth of consumerism. "How can we allow Women to SHOP MORE"

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I think the claim is she is buying what she wants
with HIS money because you know there
was a time not to long ago where women could
sit home and raise there family without having
to work if they did not want too..
Sounds like heaven...

I work so my wife doesn't have to unless she wants to. I only make about 34000 so its hard but its worth it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
they predicted quiet a calm environment

they for sure did not foresaw this

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Great vid, thanks for posting.

"To maintain these and hundreds of electronic circuits, a monitor checks all circuits every few seconds, inserts a backup circuit if and when trouble develops, and alerts the Communal Service Agency for replacement."
Seems they even predicted Internet surveillance. The Communal Service Agency is watching your Internets...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Great find OP, I remember some of those old clips, think they used to have futuristic appliances, homes, and cars video clips.
Sort of reminds me of the ride Carousel of life at Disney.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Great find OP, I remember some of those old clips, think they used to have futuristic appliances, homes, and cars video clips.
Sort of reminds me of the ride Carousel of life at Disney.

Totally! Tomorrowland! At some point in life, I want to make a 2 hour compilation of a bunch of short videos just like this one. Seamless, one right into the next, and just sit there and completely immerse myself in that headspace with that mid-century America narration voice and trippy acting. I know what you're thinking, but no, drugs don't have to be involved

top topics

join