It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I believe there is ultimately only one simple truth. Beyond meditation, beyond new age, beyond philosophy, beyond emotion, beyond energy. It's verging on ineffable. Do you understand where I'm coming from? So what do you think? Interpret the question your own way if you feel comfortable, my words alone might not be adequately clear to you for language isn't 100% accurate in communication.

Try this too, if you get the question. Just for funzies.
1.) A "left brain" answer
2.) A "right brain" answer

So yeah, what's the simple truth?

(The reason I ask such a boring question is because, isn't it what we're all searching for anyways? Well, at least I am.)

(Maybe I know already, though... o.o)

edit on 23-11-2011 by Shepp because: Added incentive to post

edit on 23-11-2011 by Shepp because: removed assumption.
added self-doubt-self-reassurance

edit on 24-11-2011 by Shepp because: Quotes for Clarity

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

Truth is self evidient, some people say. Truth doesn't derive from any hemisphere from the brain. I believe, truth is God. The quest for truth is ones personal journey.
edit on 6/25/2011 by Warpthal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

What is God to you?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp
I believe there is ultimately only one simple truth. Beyond meditation, beyond new age, beyond philosophy, beyond emotion, beyond energy. It's verging on ineffable. Do you understand where I'm coming from? So what do you think? Interpret the question your own way if you feel comfortable, my words alone might not be adequately clear to you for language isn't 100% accurate in communication.

Try this too, if you get the question. Just for funzies.
1.) A left brain answer
2.) A right brain answer

So yeah, what's the simple truth?

(The reason I ask such a boring question is because, isn't it what we're all searching for anyways? Well, at least I am.)

(Maybe I know already, though... o.o)

edit on 23-11-2011 by Shepp because: Added incentive to post

edit on 23-11-2011 by Shepp because: removed assumption.
added self-doubt-self-reassurance

I'll play.

Well, there is no simple truth. To assume something as truth is assuming and thus a guess. So "Simple Truth" becomes "Simple Guess"

Now, if there was evidence presented in the OP; And that evidence is used to try to prove something, than we can have a real debate.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

I didn't have an argument, I asked for your view.

Rather, I never wanted to debate, I wanted to collaborate. Steering this discussion is not a one man job either. You're free to expand into any territory you'd like.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Shepp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

Better question what is the Knowledge of Truth

For Knowledge is the father, Wisdom is the mother and Understanding is the son

So Understand the Knowledge of Wisdom to gain the Knowledge of Truth

He who has knowledge of the truth is a free man, but the free man does not sin, for "He who sins is the slave of sin" [John 8:34].

I know no sin for no one, but all may judge me, for I am free of mental slavery by will of my judgement to not pass judgement.
Nothing is everything, But Everything is not nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IblisLucifer

What you're trying to communicate is unclear to me. Can you be more concise?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The truth is God. But defining it with a label only serves to delineate from the label's actual meaning. The truth is beyond conceptualization. The truth cannot be defined but only experienced when the mind is quiet and free from expectations.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I see your meaning, and I understand it. I also think I have an idea of what "God" really means here too but that's just my assumption. What DOES "God" mean to you?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I didn't have an argument, I asked for your view.

Rather, I never wanted to debate, I wanted to collaborate. Steering this discussion is not a one man job either. You're free to expand into any territory you'd like.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Shepp because: (no reason given)

Fair enough.

In my view, the truth is that we are all components of a bigger system.

It's just opinion, and it changes (daily lol), but basically; A System always has existed (multi-verse) - We are part of the system - Just as atoms turn to elements to molecules to organisms, we are like the atoms of the muti-verse system.

Maybe "Size" is irrelevant and within an atom exists an infinite universe and when I'm looking at the ice cream I am eating I am eating an infinite amount of universes. And somewhere exists bigger people that are looking at there ice cream eating infinite universes which includes me. And above that person is another person ....

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Question.. how come humans have the perception we do? And almost the ability to see into the future , and other animals don't?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It's totally possible given that there are no truly fixed measurements in the world. Just curious, how did you come to your stance?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by joeym1991
Question.. how come humans have the perception we do? And almost the ability to see into the future , and other animals don't?

I politely disagree. We don't know the abilities of animals.

And the more we find out about, say, dolphins, and dogs, the more we realize that they have abilities that in some ways are above ours.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It's totally possible given that there are no truly fixed measurements in the world. Just curious, how did you come to your stance?

It's not really a stance, more like an opinion.

If we look at atoms, humans, planets, galaxies, it all revolves around something bigger in size. Continuously.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

Before: Are you implying that our way of perception is the best? And also, how do you know other animals don't have the capacity?

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

I see your meaning, and I understand it. I also think I have an idea of what "God" really means here too but that's just my assumption. What DOES "God" mean to you?

Consciousness. Unity. Truth. That which is beyond conceptualization.
edit on 24-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

I just can't understand how humans can.. not to sound morbid see their own death, ultimately leading us to strive for various things. While animals go about their lives blissfully unaware of time and space, living in the now second to second, hour to hour, roaming wandering looking for food not knowing some day it will end.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

For the record, I agree with you entirely.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

I'm not trying to debate but, from my understanding with the exception of predatory animals which includes ape species most other animals aren't building skyscrapers looking at it in a more broad view. Or think the way humans do.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by joeym1991

I think people would be much more like this without society ruining it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join