It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in apocalypse scenario...stay with your family? or form a survival "group"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Irregardless of the scenario, my daughter stays with me but as human nature being what it is not only would we have to contend with whatever caused it to hit the fan but no doubt with the gangs of looters etc roaming around. Females would soon become a commodity-in just about every movie and book the perverts always seem to survive so there would be safety in numbers. We would hopefully join up with others .

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
I'd stay with my family as far out in the woods as possible. I'd stay there until the bitter end. I'd hope to god no one else finds us. Once my kids reached 18 if they wanted to leave I'd do everything to convince them not to go, but if they did go I would not try to stop them.

As long as we had a heat source, a water source, a food source and shelter I think we would be fine. I grew up in the woods, my husband is a soldier, we have no health issues that require meds or doctors.....

Because we are a military family we are nomads, very tight knit, and used to relying on each other. Outsiders only make things more complicated...keep it as simple as possible, it is about survival not socializing.

If I was single with no family I would still remain in the woods, preferably in a cave and I would not seek out anyone. I might venture out on occasion to see what was going on...but really, if something so severe as what is being discussed actually happened, I think I'd never want to be part of any society ever again.

agree with this 100% especially the part about how we are here to survive NOT socialize

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
out here the people live as they have for centuries with little to no outside interference..

will stay put have everything that need and trade with the local villagers at times. the jungle, terrain, 40+ year old unexploded u.s ordinance laying around, wild animals, tropical disease risk (dengue, malaria, chikungunya..) keeps people out.

Life here will go on as it always has..

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
As long as my family was with me and we had sustenance and a place to sleep then I wouldn't bother. I would allow friends to join my group but that is it. Th smaller a group the better chance of survival because you have less mouths to feed.
If I my family wasn't with me well then honestly I wouldn't care what happened. My children and my Husband are my world.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
All will be ok. You guys worry too much. Look at the fall of the soviet union. No one cannabilizing anyone in huge numbers. The plague during the middle ages. No zombies or mass looting. You guys watch to many movies with titles having some "of the dead" in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join