It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of the Traditional Nativity play?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Today I was pleasantly surprised to see that this year, in my Daughter's Nativity play, there will be Aliens!
From what I can gather from the sheet she has with her lines on, they are taking the place of the 3 wise men.

Personally I think it's a good thing to open up the children's minds but I can't help wondering if there are other motives like conditioning going on here.

I can't wait to watch it to be honest!

So, what say you ATS? Harmless bit of fun, Evolution of the Nativity or conditioning for something to come!?

On another note, my eldest Daughters Christmas play is called Pirates of The Curry Bean....should be interesting!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Huh. Well, if it is just open-minded fun, it's very.. creative, that's for sure. I mean, who comes along and says, "Okay, we're going to have the Nativity play; the manger, all that good stuff. Mary will be here, Joseph here, oh, and the Wise Men? Aliens."

I can see why you're left wondering what the true motives behind such a thing would be.. and honestly, I have no idea. Is the script altered in any way? or do the wise men just.. look like aliens?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

Personally I think it's a good thing to open up the children's minds but I can't help wondering if there are other motives like conditioning going on here...

So, what say you ATS? Harmless bit of fun, Evolution of the Nativity or conditioning for something to come!?

No no, there is no conditioning occurring here - but if they really want to open up the children's minds, at least one of the aliens should be LGBT and one should be involved with OWS and decrying capitalism...

Honestly I don't understand. I can't see a local church trying to get in on a special agenda, so I'd guess it's just quirky fun. Do you live near Roswell or any other hotspots that might have prompted this as a local flavor?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Done a little digging and going by the website on the sheet THIS is the play they are doing. Doesn't seem quite so ATS now!

But still, it's a step in the right direction if you ask me!

join