It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad’s press aide denies arrest reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
as things heat up between the people and the Gov. all around the world Iran is now at a boiling point with religious Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei pursuing the president and his political allies.

accused Ahmadinejad’s camp of putting secular nationalist values ahead of Iran’s Islamic identity

In moves to contain Ahmadinejad, several of his political allies have been detained and his close associate, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaie, has been accused of sorcery and corruption.

Khamenei, eyeing the troubled economy and the risks of contagion from popular revolts sweeping the Arab world, has no intention of letting Ahmadinejad’s rivals unseat him as this could harm the clerical establishment, analysts say. “Removing Ahmadinejad might revive street protests that harmed the system after the 2009 election,” said Sharifi.

even with the In-fighting both leaders know that the people have the power and the last thing either of the parties want is another revolt by the people. I dont think they can do anything to avoid mass protests unless the protests in 2009 were a western controlled provocation as said by Ahmadinejad during the protests...

if the majority of Iranians really do support the ayatollah then with new elections they will get a new pres. and hopefully a better leader..
on the other side Ahmadinejad has supporters as-well, and as we are seeing world wide the people are ignoring their differences and coming together as humans. not allowing their religious or political beliefs get in the way of their freedom. I dont think anyone in power will be acceptable unless honestly appointed by the people.

Source
edit on 11/22/2011 by -W1LL because: source

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
OMG THIS IS HUGE GET READY FOLKS

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Uhh...I know it's almost 2AM where I am but I am a little slow anyway I guess. But......I don't get the OP. The first two quotes seem to pit the Pres and religious leaders against one another. Then the third quote seems to emply the religious leader needs the current Pres.

Am I reading it right? So what is it? Do they need each other or are they going after each other?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor
reply to post by -W1LL

Uhh...I know it's almost 2AM where I am but I am a little slow anyway I guess. But......I don't get the OP. The first two quotes seem to pit the Pres and religious leaders against one another. Then the third quote seems to emply the religious leader needs the current Pres.

Am I reading it right? So what is it? Do they need each other or are they going after each other?

I think they need each other if they don't want an unstable Public.
both parties know they only hold power with support of the people it looks as though they want to keep their scheduled elections and the vie for power only to the small % of popular figures in Iran much like the US elections favor two parties both achieving the same goal... it gives the people the illusion of choice.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
have you a source for these off site quotes??

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
have you a source for these off site quotes??

my apologies i forgot to add the source i added it to the op here it is aswell.

Source

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

An Iran with a new leader is still an enemy of Israel and U.S. because their oil won't be sold in dollars, and we won't be able to control it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Maybe Iran is doing some illuminati mind tricks of there own To make it look like there busy with in-house conflict, it would be Ludacris for Iran to let this happen, as we know millions of deaths and war,is imminent and very close. I don't believe it, but if it is true he should start the attack on his way out the office

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

How in the world can we take a Govt. seriously that can mutter the words"has been accused of sorcery and corruption."

Sorcery? Really?

I swear on everything dear to me, I believe that part of the earths population missed some of the evolution potion.

Stupid backassward people....

I truly believe we will see peace on earth, only when the bastard called religion is gone and categorized under delusional!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlertInMi

I swear on everything dear to me, I believe that part of the earths population missed some of the evolution potion.

Sharing the history of your family tree on ATS? That's cute

Are there any posts of yours where you don't echo ideas straight out of the White House?

You're so brainwashed that you will discredit a source without debating it. It appears you're saying that Iranian news outlets are incapable of telling the truth? I'm sure they lie just as much as most media outlets but nowhere near as much as the Israeli and American sources that you so blindly defend.

The lack of logic in your reasoning is frightening and reason for concern.

An Iranian official's religious beliefs have nothing to do with this actual statement. To think otherwise would be absolutely bigoted. Do you always base your opinions of people on their religious beliefs?

Patiently waiting your response.

BTW love the avatar!
edit on 22-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't have a Dog in this fight but I'd rather see Iran Governed freely under a "Political" system of the people with Ahmadinejad

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We have differed in opinion on many aspects of the events unfolding recently. One thing we can agree on is that the people in power over there are not saints. I may speak out against certain actions of the American government on various threads and it may seem I am defending the Iranian government. As difficult as it may be to believe I am not a supporter of the Iranian government. I am just against a few things that are being done to them on the world stage. That being said there are many members who will also say that they are not fond of many things Iran are doing as well, which is understandable.

I agree with you that Khomeni is a religious extremist and a lot of what he says is totally insane. Mahmoud does have a type of "charisma" if you want to call it that and certainly is very intelligent which can work in his favor but Khomeni knows this and uses Mahmoud. Mahmoud is basically just like any other world figurehead leader, he is a puppet.

What it all comes down to in my opinion is we need to replace ALL the world leaders with people who will work for the common good of ALL the people. I know this dream of mine is very far fetched and will never happen. The few good leaders that do get put into place usually don't last very long. Nice guys finish last.

ETA: I also admit my previous response to the other member was somewhat exaggerated due to that member following me from thread to thread and flaming me. I was just returning the favor, sorry for the drama everyone.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
We have differed in opinion on many aspects of the events unfolding recently. One thing we can agree on is that the people in power over there are not saints. I may speak out against certain actions of the American government on various threads and it may seem I am defending the Iranian government. As difficult as it may be to believe I am not a supporter of the Iranian government.

Fair enough and conversely I speak out on Iranian actions doesnt mean I'm Anti-Iran/ Pro-US either. I'm one of our US Governments biggest critics when I see some of the BS the US pulls. I like and respect Persians. They are an ancient people with a long and illustrious history.

I'd love to see a more open and friendly relationship with them, I really would. I'm not ashamed to admit that during the rioting of the people after the last Iranian elections. I spoke out in their favor.

I refuse to believe that those hundreds of thousand and more that came out in opposition were either all CIA,MI5,Mossad plants and or that the Iranians are so simple minded as to be fooled by some foreign mind-altering propaganda as had many here at ATS during that period claimed.

Iranians rose up once in their past against the Shaw in 1979. These very same Persians are more than capable of doing that very same thing only this time against their present Government.

I am just against a few things that are being done to them on the world stage. That being said there are many members who will also say that they are not fond of many things Iran are doing as well, which is understandable.

Well I'm getting tired of all the "Iran will be attacked on...." threads. Meanwhile, [and ATS search feature works great to verify] nothing happens and the thread deteriorates into a Bash fest of the US/Israel over a bogus story or fake prediction.

What it all comes down to in my opinion is we need to replace ALL the world leaders with people who will work for the common good of ALL the people. I know this dream of mine is very far fetched and will never happen. The few good leaders that do get put into place usually don't last very long. Nice guys finish last.

You know this is a conspiracy site....

That sounds very similar to a One World Government or a NWO type scenario.

Slippery slope that one is.

PEACE

top topics

join