It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message for OWS! - DO NOT GET VIOLENT

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I am aware that revolutions happen through aggressive action and violent initiative. Although one must admit that within this current state of police warfare and economic desensitization this tactic will fall right into the hands of the individuals that wish to suppress our movement, they have been doing so via the media, have a look at ANY major news outlet and what you will find is under-reporting and bias rhetoric. IF we choose to retaliate with anger/hate/violence we will find ourselves quickly subdued by the military aspect of our current state of policing, this is inevitable given the very basis of our regimes and the tyrannical nature in which the powers that CURRENTLY be operate.

SO my advice is to turn off when you read hateful BS directed towards OUR movement, and don't pay attention when you read people inciting VIOLENT revolution, they may mean well although with that attitude we will find ourselves quickly undermined and subdued. Do your best, help your brother, and help yourself, oppose corruption in politics and enjoy what we have, because it can be as beautiful as we make it. PEACE

ETA: The people who discredit/mock/criticize the movement we have all been praying for either have no empathy for humanity or they have an invested interest, pretty blanket statement although I believe it is true, and by they way I HAVE A JOB, so none of that sponging/freeloading rubbish

2nd ETA: I have studied revolutions extensively and happen to belong to a family that has been very active in revolutionary situations since I have been politically aware and beyond, so this is no new thing for me
edit on 21-11-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I hope at least a few will listen to your call to remain peaceful...

S+F to help bump your message up.

As to me .. not my concern walked away from so-called civilisation out of disgust.. Got tired of patching people up due to the primitives thinking violence solves everything.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You're a fine human being, good work to you. Peace

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thing is it's not up to the OWS protesters, wheather there is violence or not, its the police provoking them and causing the violence themselfs.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Thing is it's not up to the OWS protesters, wheather there is violence or not, its the police provoking them and causing the violence themselfs.

wrong in life everyone has a choice.. some choose wisely.. others not so wisely..
have heard several calls for violence from certain quarters of ows here along with seen them talking of using violent methods..

resorting to use of violence will only further erode support from the ows cause..

the only thing achieved in using violence is ending up the same as that which is being fought against.. senseless loss of life on all sides and nobody wins..

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

and that's point, most of the time at the protests it's obvious provocation, that is obvious to anyone, it's just that if we bite the carrot then we will swiftly see our rights disintegrate into some kind of military state

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Violence isn't need at this point, in fact, it would be entirely unwise. The OWS movement is slowly growing due to the police's ridiculous tactics so that the people react. The police can handle violence better than they can peace. Violence will perhaps be needed one day but not yet, it would destroy the movement and will not accomplish anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
im still looking for a thread asking FOR Violence...

did it ever occur to you that this non-violence-thinking might be nothing more than programming ?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

There are loads of them man, don't submit, otherwise we will derail our generally pure message

ETA: NO, the opposite is true

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acetradamus
im still looking for a thread asking FOR Violence...

did it ever occur to you that this non-violence-thinking might be nothing more than programming ?

Indeed. Non-violence is a heavy thing in the states propaganda, why do you think they constantly go on about Gandhi but not any of the militants who influenced the freedom of India? However, OWS hasn't got the masses completely on their side, until they do so targeted violent protests are completely foolish. It would demonize the movement and would thus then disband it. Personally, I do think violence should be used when its the correct time to use it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
I am aware that revolutions happen through aggressive action and violent initiative. Although one must admit that within this current state of police warfare and economic desensitization this tactic will fall right into the hands of the individuals that wish to suppress our movement, they have been doing so via the media, have a look at ANY major news outlet and what you will find is under-reporting and bias rhetoric. IF we choose to retaliate with anger/hate/violence we will find ourselves quickly subdued by the military aspect of our current state of policing, this is inevitable given the very basis of our regimes and the tyrannical nature in which the powers that CURRENTLY be operate.

SO my advice is to turn off when you read hateful BS directed towards OUR movement, and don't pay attention when you read people inciting VIOLENT revolution, they may mean well although with that attitude we will find ourselves quickly undermined and subdued. Do your best, help your brother, and help yourself, oppose corruption in politics and enjoy what we have, because it can be as beautiful as we make it. PEACE

ETA: The people who discredit/mock/criticize the movement we have all been praying for either have no empathy for humanity or they have an invested interest, pretty blanket statement although I believe it is true, and by they way I HAVE A JOB, so none of that sponging/freeloading rubbish

First off...I am against violence, so do not understand me wrong.....but.
You said it yourself "I am aware that revolutions happen through aggressive action and violent initiative" ....how is this 'revolution' going to happen? Should I understand the OWS-movement as a 'fore-play' organisation? You know, to fire things up for the LPBO (less peacefull brothers organisation) after the OWS.

When the governments of the world have cleared all the unviolent-resistant OWS-camps and there is no other way to make a change....what will be the next step?

I refuse to believe that the "happy few" 1% will give up their constructions for making profit because we ask them to. Theory is nice and peacefull but the reality is more blunt and explosive, if you ask me.

And again, just my thoughts and I am against violence.

edit on 21/11/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I feel that through continued willpower and general initiative, through the protests we will see change, a major realization is people realizing where they live, and its not America ( the land of milk and honey)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sorry about any typos here, on my phone
just my opinion here after witnessing hundreds of protests over the years and what they actually accomplished.

Remeber, we are not protesting to normal people, we are protesting to god damn psychopathic killers who would be willing to die if they can make an extra few million dollars for the corrupt! Do you think these people are going to listen no matter how loud protestors shout? We are talking about people who are willing to spray chemicals over millions of people!

So what are they supposed to do, just let themselves be marched to the gas ovens in the fema camps with no resistance? Because eventually thats what will happen. I for one would fight for my life.

The only way things will ever change is when the elite are litterally threatend with the noose. Otherwise do you really think they give a damn about a few thousand people sitting around and chanting?

Three hundred years ago, there would have been no protest but rather just a load of public hangings of those responsible and the mess would have been sorted out within two weeks IMO. Violence can and should only be used as a last resort, but IMO we have passed that line a long long time ago. People are now so indoctrinated by a lifetime of mainstream news that they need to be deprogrammed and shown exatly what it means to be a humam being.

We are being attacked from all side and slowly killed and you want everyone to just sit around in the streets and shout a little or even shout a lot? Sorry, but I tell you now, this shouting will accomplish absolutely nothing, all it "may" do is prolong the ineveitable, the systematic killing of hundreds of millions of people. Or just protesting may actually accelerate the plans of the powers that be, for as kissenger said, the greatest threat to the NWO and therefore to agenda 21 is the political awakening of the masses. If they see too many people waking up fast but doing nothing but protesting they may decide to accelerate the planned killing of millions.

Just being honest.

edit on 21-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: Added info

edit on 21-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: Typos

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Marbles make for unstable footing. Nails puncture rubber. Laser pointers temporarily blind and/ or spook horses. Sling shots take out surveillance. Plastic bags scoop up tear gas canisters. These are non-violent/ cheap alternatives.

JFK dead, RFK dead, MLK dead.

Tiananmen Square got what accomplished 20 years ago? It got defenseless people dead.

"Give peace a chance" was a 60's chant. But what did we get instead? The Patriot Act.

edit on 21-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

The men in the shadows of the men in the shadows. If you don't know what they think, then you'll never know what their next move is. This puts the whole movement in a very precarious position.

There's a difference between taking it on the chin and getting your entire jaw blown off. Don't ever forget...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
TPTB are hoping OWS protesters turn violent. Once that happens it would be the perfect opportunity to declare Martial Law, and then They have us right where They want us. Do you realize how many cities in the US have protesting going on right now? It is not dying down. The 1% are waiting to see will become of OWS over the holidays, if the protesting does not die down then their money will do the talking. The 1% will nag TPTB to end OWS. Money talks right? Funny how Jay-Z made the Occupy All Streets shirts, when OWS needs to gather in DC, the source of the problem. Ruby Ridge, Waco, William Cooper- TPTB do not like it when ya dance to the beat of a different drum. The US may see miltary action before Iran does, who knows. Violence is not what OWS should display, only diligence. Change will not happen overnight and 2 months is a drop in the bucket. OWS can't give TPTB a reason to put the chokehold on us. We still have a chance to bring TPTB to their knees, but we have to think before we act. Haste makes waste.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
^^this. Maybe get the thread title edited so that it is for the attention of pigs who love to kick off against peaceful people.

But at the end of the day, whilst I agree peace is the only real way forward, you can't just sit there and let thug nazi pig scum beat you.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Non-violence IS the way forward for this movement. Anger must be tempered with reason.

Please read and consider this warning, it is what this is all about.

Final Warning

Look at the date of the post and consider ALL that has transpired since.

Review my threads and see if you can find falsehood. There isn't any.

Read my plan and take it to the streets if you want a peaceful absolution.

Is there anyone in Baltimore? U2U me if you are a participant at any Baltimore rallies. I am headed to the streets myself.

See ya on the flip side.

Time is oh so short.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

An incredibly false statement, I do not support the movement that does not mean i have an interest in seeing it fail and that does not mean i do not have empathy for humanity. To say that is just like me telling you to get a job for supporting OWS.

If you follow what OWS says there have been no violent protesters in the OWS movement. Every time there has been a violent protester they get labeled as "a small group that is not with OWS" that is until there is a photo of someone getting arrested or sprayed than OWS is quick to call them peaceful protesters. Ever notice when you see the pics of people getting arrested on the OWS sites that NONE of them have been part of this "small group" that participates in acts of violence?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

If you follow what OWS says there have been no violent protesters in the OWS movement. Every time there has been a violent protester they get labeled as "a small group that is not with OWS" that is until there is a photo of someone getting arrested or sprayed than OWS is quick to call them peaceful protesters. Ever notice when you see the pics of people getting arrested on the OWS sites that NONE of them have been part of this "small group" that participates in acts of violence?
But the thing is, this is swayed from both sides, from the media who always side with the police/goverment, and the protesters who will obviously always be on their own side, against getting beatings from the police. You've got to make your own mind up on what the actual truth is. But if you notice 1 thing, then notice this. Where there are police, there is violence, where there are massive crowds of people with no police (say at the tail end of a protest to give just 1 example) then there is no violence. There is 1 constant in the voilence. The police. They use antagonistic tactics to aggrovate people to deliberatly incite a violent reaction. And who can blame the angry chants and people throwing stuff, when they get treated like crap and hit with weapons. You can say "well do what the police say" but the police have no right to intervine if there is no problem, and there is no problem if the police don;t intervine. again, look for that constant. The police. I've been on protests, and I've seen first hand what happens. And it makes me angry to see peaceful people treated like this.
edit on 21/11/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join