It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology. Is there something were not seeing?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

So Tom Cruise and John Travolta are gay now? They both have had multiple wives. If you're gay, you usually don't marry Women, and you for sure don't do it more than once. What a load of garbage. Hitler was gay as well I bet right? Or no, maybe it's that he was really secretly Jewish? Yep, I have heard this kind of drivel before. ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

They both have had multiple wives. If you're gay, you usually don't marry Women...

Many people in public life, and yes in the movie and TV industry live closeted lives, "marrying" for appearances' sake only.

I know a person who witnessed "Tom Cruise" at an all-Gay pool party in an exclusive neighborhood of Phoenix, back in the early 1990s.

Yes, these wives are sometimes called "beards". And, yes....even "Gay" men can swing both ways.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I understand that Bird, because my own brother is gay. However, I don't believe that either Cruise or Travolta are homosexual. I need more proof then some drivel on the internet. If it were really true, then I assure you that you and I, and the rest of the world would have heard by now from some gay dudes that cashed in on their celebrity escapades. You know that I am right bro, because by reading your posts, I already know that you're intelligent enough to read between the lies. That assumption by that poster was nothing more than a load of fabricated garbage. ~SheopleNation

edit on 22-11-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Okay, so I'd like to take back what I said in my previous post on page 7...

At first glance, looking at Tom Cruse and how he says what he says, (he really believes it and is so passionate about it) it doesn't seem all that bad. But then you take a deeper look. I watched countless documentaries last night, one involving a woman with a hidden camera amongst others. What I came to realize is that this is truly brainwashing and money making. That is all. I must also say, they lost me at the whole Xenu story.

People believe this? Another thing I must say, I would love to hear the Scientologist's description of the Xenu story, as all I can find at the moment are the simplified "mockery" versions similar to the "mockery" Christian story. You know, "A talking snake and a man made from dirt...." - and- "A galactic overlord threw a bunch of humans on a volcano and blew them up with a H-Bomb and the souls of these people attach themselves to humans.."

So, I would still love to hear their side, but- unfortunately you don't find that out unless you are in it.

I don't know whats worse- Lies that you pay for, or free lies ....?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
So Tom Cruise and John Travolta are gay now? They both have had multiple wives. If you're gay, you usually don't marry Women, and you for sure don't do it more than once. What a load of garbage. Hitler was gay as well I bet right? Or no, maybe it's that he was really secretly Jewish? Yep, I have heard this kind of drivel before. ~SheopleNation

It's common knowledge in Hollywood. EVERYBODY knows about it out there, I worked in Hollywood for years. It's an open secret. South Park even did a bit about it.

Also, a friend of mine who is gay, his ex-boyfriend apparently dated Cruise, or was one of his lovers, whatever. In West Hollywood it's well known he's out and about on the gay scene there. I'm not gay, but I used to live in West Hollywood, so yeah, I heard about it. Same with Travolta (again, South Park had fun with this).

(Actually, the whole South Park episode "Trapped in a Closet" is about Scientology, so it's pretty pertinent to this thread.)

Open secret. Google a bit about it and you'll see. This is not even remotely new. I first heard about it over a dozen years ago when I was working out there.
edit on 11/23/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by dbloch7986

Well then I guess my now deceased Father was a member and didn't even know it. I remember seeing The Dianetics book laying around the house when I was a kid. He never mentioned anything about it, so it must have not impressed him much. I would like to read the book just to read it. ~SheopleNation

To someone that is not intellectually minded at all the book would make sense. However, to someone with an intellectual mind it would be seen for what it is: the ramblings of a mad man, delusions of grandeur and wild claims with no references or second opinions to back them up. When you realize that Clears and OTs are dying of cancer, diabetes and heart problems like the rest of us the entire religion crashes down.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

If you read the link I posted you will understand how the brainwashing works. Part of it is the way you are gradually introduced into the "life of a scientologist" until eventually you are completely immersed in the world of scientology. Your friends are all scientologists your family may become scientologists, you end up working for scientologists. Then if you were to decide to no longer practice you would not be allowed to talk to your friends and family, you would lose your job. Your entire life would change. No blackmail necessary.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I keep hearing about the church being powerful. It is not. They are just rich. Believe me when I tell you the religion is shrinking day by day. The only thing the church is trying to do is hang on to a thread of credibility so that they can justify their amassed wealth. The purpose of celebrities is to lend the church credibility and make people (even their own members) think they are still "powerful". Just like you do right now.

The church itself poses no threats to anyone. If it was so powerful would I be on here, using my first, initial last, name and birthdate to talk about it? Search my user name on google and you will find my facebook.

John Travolta is no longer a practicing Scientologist by the way, as far as I know. The church has worked very hard to keep that under wraps.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I might add that I really have nothing to lose other than contact with my family if I am excommunicated by the way. None of my friends are scientologists and I don't work for a scientologist.

Also the reason the government does nothing to stop the church is because it is a waste of time and money. They do not pose a threat at all to anyone.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
Scientology: Read all about it!

You'll have to look at The Montauk Project, Aliester Crowley and Babylon Working (the threesome sex magic ritual he performed with Jack Parsons and Jack's wife in order to birth something into this world from another dimension. It left him partially paralyzed for a while).

Celebrities are frequently the victims of MKUltra. They may be more vulnerable to this kind of cult than others are. If you ever take a Scientology class, they will stalk you from address to address and keep asking you to return. They are better than creditors at locating people. I didn't take a class, but have 3 friends who took the first paid class in the series. They liked the experience but felt no draw to stay. They were merely seekers who experimented with anything and everything that increased perceptions. There are more powerful tools that don't cost a fortune, they found.
edit on 21/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

W00t!!!
I was going to bring up the Jack Parsons "wizard war" but you totally did it.
To think a founder of JPL was into this kind of thing is something most people couldn't wrap there heads around so it is buried. Much like the background of the coolest vice president ever Wallace who was into so much crazy sheeeit that he needs to be put back in the spectrum as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I keep hearing about the church being powerful. It is not. They are just rich. Believe me when I tell you the religion is shrinking day by day.

I would say that they are fairly powerful within Hollywood, or at least they were when I was working out there. People were actually pretty afraid to speak against them, at least publicly. I remember talking with people I worked with privately about how we were afraid to talk negatively in public about them. Now, that being said I would say their power within Hollywood was no more, and probably a fair bit less than any single head of a major studio or head of a major agency. Stacey Snyder (DreamWorks), Brad Grey (Paramount), Ari Emmanuel (William Morris)...people like that individually are more feared and have more power and control in Hollywood than the church.

John Travolta is no longer a practicing Scientologist by the way, as far as I know. The church has worked very hard to keep that under wraps.

I'm not surprised, actually. It's been quite some time since I've seen/heard him do any sort of major public promotions for the church. I think maybe it was when he was on Oprah talking about it and that was quite a few years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Hey dbloch7986, do you have any clue about the amount of $$$$$$$$$$$ the 'church' of Scientology has in its coffers? What about David Miscavige, can you speculate on his personal assets?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Powerful in what sense? Yes they can protect and defend themselves but they do not have undue influence over any aspect of your life or the government. Most of their self acclaimed power is made up anyway.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I disagree.

They hold power over individuals sure. Because of the information they may possess about that person. Most of the"power" they hold is over parishioners in their own sphere. They don't have much power in general though.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
reply to post by Threadfall

Powerful in what sense? Yes they can protect and defend themselves but they do not have undue influence over any aspect of your life or the government. Most of their self acclaimed power is made up anyway.

Did you mean to reply to me with that statement? I don't understand the context of that statement with reference to anything I've said in this thread...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Jesus as a religion these scientology guys fail big time, I mean this is kids stuff not even on par with the older paradigms. And as a mind control for the sake of $$$ they are semi successful at it....But really I guess people will believe anything if they will believe this stuff....There are way to many religions out there as it stands a few less will do a world of good.

I even looked at that list of actors who have been and are scientologists and I have only heard of like 2 or 3 of them, but really people must be bored out of there minds, or just plain out of there minds to fall for some of this stuff....But I suppose people have to do stuff and believe in things and such.

So this is as good a thing to believe in as any. The funny thing is this whole scientology is no less unlogical and crazy then any of the other things out there that people do and follow and even fight and die for.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I think ti's crazy but...

Anything is possible.

This reality around us... could be anything.

Anybody who says otherwise is saying we can't be tricked.

I disagree. A lot of times we don't have to be tricked. We just have to be dumb or ignorant.

In a universe of potential intelligent lifeforms, we might be the dumb ones...

We haven't even left earth yet and we're already judging the whole universe.
edit on 23-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
wasnt scientolagy created by a science fiction auther because he was tired of writing books for a penny a word and realised their was big money to be made from religion

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
Someone asked me once. What's the difference between a Catholic and other Christians then? To which I replied, most Christians celebrate their faith, whereas Catholics are taught to mourn it and feel guilty for having it. While not 100% factual, it stays with me to this day as being one of the of the most truthful things I have ever said.

Rev

Not 100%. Well, that's honest enough. It's also not 50% or 25%, etc.

Where on earth do you get the idea that Catholics mourn their faith and feel guilty about it? And why would you feel comfortable passing on your guesses and hunches about something you've clearly not researched to others? Are you concerned at all about bearing false witness?

Eric

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
"Scientology. Is there something we're not seeing?"

...the money!
Show me the money!

Akushla

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join