It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme violence as Egypt cracks down on protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
with all the distraction in our own countries it looks like we might be loosing our world wide support for the freedoms of the people.

the protests and coming together of the people started with tunisia then Egypt unfortunately like the protests in the US the Egyptian people have been deceived.

Source

As described by Reuters, “Police backed by the army used batons and teargas on Sunday to charge protesters in Cairo’s Tahrir Square demanding Egypt’s ruling generals hand over power, in some of the worst violence since the overthrow of Hosni Mubarak. … ‘The people want the toppling of the regime,’ thousands of protesters chanted before and after the charge by police backed by military officers who had stayed on the sidelines till then.

if you remember the start of the egyptian protest one of the first things the military came out and said was they support the people and will NOT use force against them. they even defied orders to do so.

now the military is in power they intend to stay in power untill the next election which could be a year away, this is not acceptable to the people who want this regime out of power.

Within the last few hours, however, the military has begun responding with gunfire rather than tear gas, and Erin Cunningham, an independent journalist living in Cairo, reports widespread injuries. “Hospital Mo Mahmoud, never seen anything like this,” she tweets.

“Nonstop ambulances, stretchers, ppl running, pushing, streaming in with supplies.” And then, “Doctor at #tahrir field hospital at Hardees says he’s seen at least 5 ppl die in past 2 hours.” Journalist Reem Abdellatif now reports, “Going into the morgue, wkeel neyaba here, at least 30 bodies.”

He later adds, “Reports of dead & injured are rising on my timeline. I have lost count.” And Egyptian blogger Eman AbdElRahman concludes sadly, “I am out of words. Egyptian army is murdering Egyptian civilians. That’s our worst living nightmare.”

I hope all the best and give my support to those in Egypt dont give up you will have your freedom.

sadly this action is no surprise Mubarak who was an Egyption air force commander before becoming president seemingly still has power and all the talk from the Vice pres and military has been proven to be just that TALK.

I said at the start of the arab spring that I thought this Idea or knowledge of a free people ungoverned by the 1% would catch on and spread...

and spread it has this is spreading into a worldwide fight my only wish is that we as a peaceful people can come together and create a peaceful world in 2012.

this video and the report tell a grim story of what the Egyptian people are going through, reminiscent of a war torn era. "new boss same as the old boss" hopefully we can all learn from this and NOT make the same mistake twice.
the explanation given by the reporter for the police starting fires i think may be off... fires and smoke could be to cover the scene and allow for further brutality by the police/Mil. and since this video things have progressed for the worse according to the article.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's funny how the news reporter said that SOMEBODY set ablaze the motorbike.
To me it looked like the cops were setting the fires, then they turn it around on the protestors as being violent and destructive.
I bet you anything a lot of the same things happen here in the U.S.
What a twisted world we live in.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Seems the people arnt that happy as the new govt is very much like the old govt

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
These are the true martys of the people.I honour the fallen heroes, thank you brave men and women who stood.Thank you.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Al Jazeera: 22 casualties in latest riots

Bodies are being thrown in the garbage:

..Things look so much better after Mubarak went out.

I am really looking forward to see how many replies this thread will get.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The problem here is that the military lower ranks are so indoctrinated to follow the orders of the higher ranks. The lower ranks are brainwashed to think thier commanders are pretty much god. Thier commanders have the power and if they choose to keep it then egypt will be a military run country.

This may happen in the states also IMO under the fed.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OK the military is 4 months over it's anticipated time in power (6 months), but going from three decades of autocracy to democracy is a complicated process with unforeseen problems. If the military were still there after 2 years I could understand the anger, but come on... Do the people expect miracles?

No one said this process was easy.

new topics

top topics

join