It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A huge problem with time travel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Location.
On a planet like earth that is constantly moving lets say you jump forward a year; but the earth is at a different place of orbit. So do you spawn on earth or where you left from which would be in open space?

Personally I think that forward time travel is possible but traveling back in time is impossible.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Dear WakeUpRiseUp

Quite correct but the same applies which ever way you travel.

Most film depictions of time travel have it all A-A-T.

The only one I can remember that has a good concept of the subject is Dr, WHO. On the good old BBC. It started in 1959 or there about’s.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Why do we always think time travel has to be in the physical plane? Time travel is possible, but only on the astral plane. The knowledge of all the world, from ancient, to distant future, are available, in the astral plane. You just have to learn how to quiet the mind, transcend the ego, and develop your psychic abilities.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
what makes you think that if you travel into the future the earth would be in the exact same position, but if you travel backwards it will move?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
what makes you think that if you travel into the future the earth would be in the exact same position, but if you travel backwards it will move?

i didnt say that

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Then how ya gonna get back once you are there Mcfly...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

Originally posted by roughycannon

i didnt say that

What did you say then?

You said that if you travel in time the earth would be in a different position.

Personally I think that forward time travel is possible but traveling back in time is impossible.

I just put 2 and 2 together...

Could you expand on this?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I remember reading somewere that time travel is theoretically possibe (back in time) but you would have to build some kind of reciever and you wouldnt be able to go back any further than the moment that reciever was turned on.

Cant remember were I read it, ill try to find a link later, but im on my phone atm

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Neat, I was thinking about that the other day. If you were to time travel you would have to factor in the Earth's position at the time you wish to arrive, otherwise you could find yourself floating in space. It's because the Earth is always moving but if you're time travelling in like say, a Delorean, you're going disappear and reappear in that same point of space. And the Earth would have already moved beyond.

Probably would be easier if it was a space ship.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Assuming time travel is an artifact of some sort of manipulation of the fabric of spacetime, I imagine one could accomodate for the motion of the planets by adjusting space to put you in the right place. The most likely approach is a wormhole kind of thing anyway.. or some other "Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey" sort of thing.

new topics

top topics

join