It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just to let you know, your eyes arent good enough"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to "Just to let you know"! Every week once a week i will be bringing to ATS from the vast and awesome WWW an attempt at letting us ignorant ATS'ers (Nothing wrong with being ignorant, its not your fault), get a little taste of the crafty world we live in.

So, i am currently on watch on NAVSTAE with little to do except for answer the phone (rare occurence on weekends) so i began my typical surf of the internet and stumbled across this great video.

Any photoshop fans out there will get a kick out of this, but for all us other ill informed ATS'ers on the application of photoshop and its potential, a great look at the world of illusion and just how easy it is to decieve our god given eyes.

Here is the link just in case the Video does not want to embed

www.youtube.com...

Well there you have it fellow ATS'ers. Just to let you know, that pretty girl in the picture you have been day dreaming about just might in fact.....not even exist.

edit on 19-11-2011 by mthgs602 because: Grammar correction

edit on Sat Nov 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix embed

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

The link doesn't work.
Fixxx it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Zoomed out it may look photo realistic but once you set it at 100% the brush strokes would become apparent.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Holy stuff. thats pretty crazy, thx for the vid.

I dont use photoshop and i didnt know you could do that so easily.

Sweet stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

The link doesn't work.
Fixxx it.

It seems to be working just fine for mwah.

My apologies though, hope it works out.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You do realize that this is fake right?
The video is in reverse.
He started with a picture of a girl and edited down to nothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Zoomed out it may look photo realistic but once you set it at 100% the brush strokes would become apparent.

Yes but in the advertising world, advertisements now a days seem to lean torward quick passing glances while in lets say, traffick or on the bus, walking on the sidewalk while taking a glance. Unless I really really look for it, then i have been decieved.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
AHH well it seems that the great ATS community is is much smarter than i happen to be. Mere minutes and i have been shown the REAL illusion.

Stay on your toes ATS!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

You do realize that this is fake right? The video is in reverse. He started with a picture of a girl and edited down to nothing.

Well thx for that lol.

Ive just slapped myself for being a fool.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
AHH well it seems that the great ATS community is is much smarter than i happen to be. Mere minutes and i have been shown the REAL illusion.

Stay on your toes ATS!

I was fooled at first, but I watched closely and realized that when the windows pop up to change brush settings and such, the actions are backwards...if you get what I mean?

It's hard to tell because of the speed of the video. I just kept pausing it lol.
edit on 19-11-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh the irony.

Would have been cool if it was real though.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
You do realize that this is fake right?
Good catch. I was going to do a thread on a similar topic but I don't really want to piggyback on a hoax thread (even if it's unintentional).

So I went ahead and made a thread with some images that hopefully aren't hoaxes, but I'm sure you will all let me know if you find out otherwise:

Realism in CGI Images of Humans

So the original idea for this thread was still pretty good, as I think there may be some stuff out there that might fool us, but the video in the OP isn't a good example. Hopefully the examples in that thread will show the current state of the art form.

top topics

join