It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of War Gaming. Insanely Awesome!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Now this, this is just awesome.
Im not sure if it has been posted, did a little searching.
Sorry if it has.

Future of War Gaming

I think this is a brilliant design and concept. it might need a few tweeks here and there, and might not be out for years. This would increase the player/soldier relationship in game, it would also make you feel like your actually getting in the action.
I myself cant wait until they release more info, maybe price range, date estimation on when they expect it to be out.
I think this will change the way people play war games forever.

Also, im VERY glad they did this with BF3, as MW3 is nothing compared to it.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Anishnaabe because: Added vid.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
wow! reminds me of the old circle vision at disneyland. that would be an awesome set up to have in my house! it would be ridiculously expensive, though.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wonderful. Maybe after a few more upgrades, we can be this kind of world...

Get them use to it young, and practicing often is great for the desensitized soldiers the military is hoping for.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I dont thinks its coming out, I watched that episode of the gadget show they made it just for the show and that soldier guy who wrote a book... somebody nabb, cant remember his name he went and tested it out.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
unless you are part of the 1 percent , it wont fit in an average house , and there is a limit to the movement you can make,on the movement pad,this just looks like a projection onto a curved screen then they tell us they use paintball guns.....bahhh
if you would like to try the future of wargaming go and try a game of airsoft , more realistic and a lil bit of pain to stop you wanting to get hit......

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Wonderful. Maybe after a few more upgrades, we can be this kind of world...

Get them use to it young, and practicing often is great for the desensitized soldiers the military is hoping for.

well said ...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I want it and what ever i want i haz .....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anishnaabe

will never catch on
wheres the big bean bag chair
wheres the soda?
and the party size bag of tortilla chips an sauce?

lol, in trying to make a simulation as "real" as possible
such a game would too much work for most

looks more like it has more sinister purposes like remote controlling a killer robot somewhere in ME, africa, etc
gives the words drone and zombie[-net] apocalypse a whole new meaning.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Ive played both of those, alot. for years actually.

However, this is not about paintball and airsoft, its about 'video gaming'.
Or i wouldve never posted it.

Also just because you can afford this doesnt mean you are the 1%. I can most likely afford this even if it doesnt come out to the public. But i disagree with what the government offers. So call me 1% all you want XD (it was implied).

Anyways, i forgot the replies i would get on this forum, its all good though.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hey, I really love that! Thanks for bringing something for us all to see that isn't OWS, Gloom and Doom or end times related for a change. lol..... This looks a lot like the U.S. Army simulators that they have for troop training and are taking around in the semi-trailer displays at fairs and carnivals for recruitment efforts. I doubt we'll see a home version as soon as we'd like..but then who would ever have believed the WII technology could be brought into a home version with reasonable pricing 10 years ago??

I'll tell you what though...I've been playing first person shooters since the first Half Life came out as a revolutionary new approach to AI in 3-d gaming. I'd pay a nominal fee to use a sim system like this set up in an arcade or even store front business dedicated to simulator playing of this kind. It'd be one gold mine of a business idea for the first person to make it work on the physical scale of a consumer attraction.

S/F for a great thread to read!
edit on 18-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'll tell you what though...I've been playing first person shooters since the first Half Life came out as a revolutionary new approach to AI in 3-d gaming. I'd pay a nominal fee to use a sim system like this set up in an arcade or even store front business dedicated to simulator playing of this kind. It'd be one gold mine of a business idea for the first person to make it work on the physical scale of a consumer attraction.

Yeah, all those steam games were good for their time. i only played CS:S though. Id pay alot to play that for a day, i wouldnt mind the paintball welts either lol.

Heck yeah that is a good idea, you would need a big building, and atleast 5+ of these to even make profit. unless you charge like $1000/hour.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anishnaabe

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, all those steam games were good for their time. i only played CS:S though. Id pay alot to play that for a day, i wouldnt mind the paintball welts either lol.

Heck yeah that is a good idea, you would need a big building, and atleast 5+ of these to even make profit. unless you charge like $1000/hour.

It sounds like a job perfect for a place like Las Vegas. Branson or Orlando.
There ought to be enough money in the entertainment corps in those places to put a thing like that together. Oh what a blast that would be to actually play. Now that is exciting!

new topics

top topics

join