It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man with "Israel" tattoo on his neck arrested in White House shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Forget the tatt...the real questions, IMO, are...

1. Where did he get the AK 47 from? The irony if this serial number goes 'back' to Gunwalker/Fast and Furious...and...

2. What is Ortega's background. At the age of 21 he could not possibly have police or military training. So, how did Ortega, while supposedly moving (some accounts have this as a 'driveby')...so we are to believe, homeless, mentally ill (again from media accounts) single shooter got off several automatic shots, across the Washington Mall and placed direct hits on the residence floor of the White House?

just my two cents...and this IS a conspiracy site.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Actually, the tattoo while looking like the word "Israel" really said, "I am the Tea Party and I want lower taxes and smaller government."

There ya' go progressives!

A freebie!

To add, what sane person fires a weapon at the White House? The guy is a loon.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

1. Where did he get the AK 47 from? The irony if this serial number goes 'back' to Gunwalker/Fast and Furious...and...

wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake? But lets be realistic for a second, about your second issue. The AK and variants are extremely easy to fire because of the design. They are one of the most, if not THE most, accurate assault rifles on the market (the Marines would disagree and I'm not about to argue with those dudes!). It's fully auto, so you pull the trigger and a few rounds fire off.

You could, quite literally, drive by with 1 hand, hold the AK with the other, while bracing it on the window frame, fire a few rounds and keep on driving.

I'd like to see some detailed analyses of the crime scene, where they think the shots came from, casings, trajectories.

It just seems to strange, the car explains some of it, but still, the white house is THAT open for attack and anyone with a high powered rifle could fire a few rounds and actually hit the residence section?

And even if you've got a beef with Nobama, do you really think shooting into a building that could very well have children in it, is the solution? I guess that lends credibility to the mentally disturbed assumption.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think everyone is willing to agree on THAT point. But then again, he did it, and is still breathing. I would have assumed a high powered sniper round would have blown his skull open pretty fast. An AK isn't a quiet weapon by any stretch.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If that were the case tho, there would be so many duplicate threads.

From mostly the same crowd too, but it would be quite a different tone in those threads I believe.

i'm still waiting for a link to OWS, if there is one, bet your butt we'll hear about it soon enough. doesn't matter that he's a nutter, if he spent 20 seconds in an OWS camp, they will all be vilified even further. Though I'm sure there are groups within that would support violence, it happens with every movement.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by beezzer

I think everyone is willing to agree on THAT point. But then again, he did it, and is still breathing. I would have assumed a high powered sniper round would have blown his skull open pretty fast. An AK isn't a quiet weapon by any stretch.

The AK47 platform is not a sniper rifle or even close.
Most are accurate within 2 inches, out to 100 yards, with the spread doubling every 100 yards.
It is a cheaply made rifle used for 2nd world country's army grunts.
Most outside the US are spray and pray.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The AK47 platform is not a sniper rifle or even close. Most are accurate within 2 inches, out to 100 yards, with the spread doubling every 100 yards. It is a cheaply made rifle used for 2nd world country's army grunts. Most outside the US are spray and pray.

You misunderstood my post:

But then again, he did it, and is still breathing. I would have assumed a high powered sniper round would have blown his skull open pretty fast.

Meaning, I don't see how he fired shots from an assault rifle without being tagged by the secret service snipers on the roof of the whitehouse.

I was NOT insinuating the AK is a sniper rifle, or high powered, it's not as I stated in another thread, he was about at the max range to begin with for that rifle.

Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of their durability, low production cost, and ease of use. It has been manufactured in many countries and has seen service with armed forces as well as revolutionary and terrorist organizations worldwide. The AK-47 was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms. More AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined

Source

but yeah I was incorrect in calling it very accurate, close range it is because of the design, but long range it's quite inaccurate
edit on 17-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

A lunatic is a lunatic is a lunatic.
Every nation has them, and some nations even have them as leaders. It doesn't matter what they say, or do.
It doesn't matter what insignia they wear, or what they tattoo on themselves or even where they place the etching on their body. They are lunatics, and will remain lunatics, ...They seldom change.....
They will always be what they are, and will forever scar those who endeavor to do what is right.
DH

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Ah, ok then.

Yes, I agree. The Secret Service is supposed to the be the best of the best. They should have been able to respond to it quicker.
In 99 or so, Clinton visited an AF Base I was at. I got to mingle and hang out with some of the secret service agents in the sniper teams. Their equipment back in 99 blew my mind. I only imagine what they have now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Talk about some far-reaching associations and conclusions.

A) Man might be mentally ill. We do not know.

B) NOTHING in the article suggest he had ANYTHING to do with OWS. It seems that the authorities are *trying* to associate him WITH the movement to likely give better cause to undermine it. Then again, we do not know what "evidence" was found, but even if something was found it proves nothing, especially if he is mentally ill (which you kinda have to have problems to go around shooting guns near the white house).

C) The tattoo means nothing.

If police can find that he even *was* in the vicinity of OWS, they will definitely use that as justification of its true threat, and the fact that there is currently no solid evidence linking him to it, yet some of you people are automatically and erroneously jumping on the "blame OWS" bandwagon for this, shows that people are not thinking clearly enough and wish to blame OWS for whatever ills they may or may not see.

OMG, he walked through an OWS camp to get to the White House! OMG, that proves OWS is violent and wants to violently overthrow the government!

I said it in another thread, and i'll say it again, even if there are some with violent notions in or criminal intent in OWS, there is the same in practically every group or population of any given thing, so to label all of something based upon a few or on the minority is erroneous, troubling, faulty, and dangerous.

C'mon, get real people.

Use your heads.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by GringoViejo

Who cares if he has tattoos, or what they are?

Ok then, lets say his tattoo read "Palestine" and he took a shot at the whitehouse, would THAT be a non story?

Again, i'm not saying it is, but this is a conspiracy site and all angles should be looked at.

This site also has the motto "deny ignorance"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
PHISHY was 100% CORRECT:

VIDEO just released

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
PHISHY was 100% CORRECT:

About what specifically?

The video is nothing but rehash.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ok then, lets say his tattoo read "Palestine" and he took a shot at the whitehouse, would THAT be a non story? \

Exactly. It would be on every channel 24/7. They would break into primetime TV to announce it. Left and right wings in the US would be whining for sanctions against all Arab countries not forced into line with Israel's interests yet. There would be rumors about Iran having shady connections with him, on Fox, CNN, and every other mainstream media outllet. Sounds like Anders Breivik all over again. Black is white, up is down. If[...................Censored...............................................] and [..........................Redacted.............................]. So, you see what I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
PHISHY was 100% CORRECT:

About what specifically?

The video is nothing but rehash.

The source was written word.. no images.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think it's,

"ISMAEL"

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I think this guy with the "Isreal" tattoo is a false flag. Orthodox jewish people are forbidden to get a tattoo. I fact it goes to the extreme that you cannot be buried in a jewish cemitary, and are disowned by most Temples. So if the they play the zion blaim game, there you go.

edit on 17-11-2011 by merkej23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

whoa there!

how do you know he's mentally ill because the authorities said so?
you are ASSUMING

Uh....seriously? The guy tried to assassinate Obama when Obama wasn't even there..He just started shooting randomly at the White House.........Isn't mental illness a given here?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by bhornbuckle75

This is a case of a genuine 'Lone Gunman' with psychiatric problems......why try to read anything into it, by examining his beliefs? (which I imagine made little sense to anyone but him anyway)

Ahh but they authorities are looking at the same thing, he believed he was "on a mission from god", had several religious tattoos, and shot at the whitehouse, on his mission from god.

So yeah, examining his beliefs is valid, even though you shouldn't expect much rationality from it.

Again tho, ignoring the "mission from god" what evidence do we have that he is mentally ill?

As I just replied to someone else.....He randomly fired at the White House trying to kill Obama when Obama wasn't even there......That seems like pretty damn good evidence that he was not quite the sanest guy in the world!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The tattoo is nothing the real story here is how someone got close enough with a weapon to shoot the White House which means a abject failure of security there.

How did no one see a dude carrying a gun and Pennsylvania avenue is closed off to vehicle traffic thanks to security measure upgrades from the Oklahoma bombing,

edit on 17-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Agreed...To me that is the most interesting part of all of this.....How he got close enough to do this certainly needs looking into!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join