It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record Youth Unemployment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
See Link www.telegraph.co.uk...

Unemployment jumped by 44,000 in the final three months of 2010 to just under 2.5 million, meaning that 7.9 per cent of workers were out of a job. But the youth unemployment rate hit 20.5 per cent, following a 66,000 increase to 965,000, the highest figures since records began in 1992.

Angered by a radio chat show yesterday I just had to post this.

Reasons for the youth unemployment of GB were said to be lazy, unskilled and work shy. On the other hand youth from abroad were the opposite. Utter tosh.

Foriegn labour is favoured over home grown due to cost and lack of employment rights.

Also not covered at all or in the article linked to or the radio chat show is the effect of raising the retiremnet age to avoid paying pensions.

In the UK we have had our pensions reduced in value to make them useless. Savings have become just as usless and in fact bar you from any top ups that may be available. This means those who would have retired either cannot or will not retire.

The knock on is the employment market stagnates and our youth has no chance to make a life. I have enough personal experience to know the majority are not the uneducated, lazy, work shy wasters our politicians and press paint them as.

To me it appears the British youth are considered the best when it comes to being sent abroad to die and be mutilated in foriegn lands but are labeled less than useless when it comes to employment.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Old Article, Youth unemployment now stands at 1.02m..... the highest since records began

Here's a recent article, mostly the same but more up to date figures

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for link.

Yet another expert that does not link the increase in retirement age and the right to work past it to youth unemployment.

To save the cost of paying pensions they throw away our youngs future along with the countries which is set to spiral.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
just think the u.k could have full employment if it was not for rampant Iimmigration. We have the jobs for our youths but all the foreigners have took them.
is it any wonder they riot?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

I'm not convinced of that argument to be honest, there are many sectors that would literally collapse were it not for "Immigrants" who do the jobs.

There have been shortages for instance, of Nurses and Care Assistants in the health sector and NHS... the NHS would literally not function if the Government didn't have a scheme in place to allow foreign nationals to come in and do the jobs.

I'm not saying that it has no bearing whatsoever, just that the impact is greatly exaggerated and usually by those with an agenda or an ulterior motive.

Perhaps if our government and companies had decent training schemes in place to train our youngsters and get them up to the level that employers need, maybe there would be less unemployed?
Plus there's the whole

Employer :"We can't employ you because you don't have the experience"

Potential Employee : "Well how can I get the experience if you wont employ me?"

There are many, many different factors with employment..... and right now, Immigration is pretty much near the bottom... the economic collapse is the number one reason, plus beaurocracy from the EU regarding employment laws regarding new employees.... red tape is choking many employers.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's funny. They say the exact same thing about us here in the U.S. Of course, this lie goes against any group that has a high unemployment rate or depends on government aid a lot here in the U.S., so it's not just the youth that get slandered.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

edit on 17-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If we're talking teenagers, American youths just don't want to work. At least half of the fast food companies in my town have a help wanted sign up. I worked at Burger King when I was a teen ager. Didn't pay great, but I learned a lot. I see teenagers around me quit jobs all the time due to scheduling problems... as in I don't want to work Saturday morning, Friday night is WoW raid night, etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Leave The EU...
Only let people immigrate if they have something to offer at a highly skilled job
Create more low skilled jobs/Bring back manufacturing
Stop all aid going to every country

Thats four things right there that would get the economy kicking, but they just do the opposite by keep us in EU, give out low skilled jobs to foreigners, give all our money to another countries and don't create work. . and they have the cheek to say we're lazy (youths) haaaaaaaaa, never heard so much sh!t in my life...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
MY 16 year old has been trying to find work since last summer. He put in tons of applications and was not hired anywhere. No reason behind it as he is a good choice but no jobs out there for him.

One small restaurant in town said that if he goes to OCAC a community based service in conjunction with the FEDs that they would pay for his wages and pay the restaurant for hiring him... This was the only way the little Mom and Pop operation 'could' afford to hire him...

I have such mixed feelings about this as I wanted my son to become a sovereign being at 18 and buy back his birth certificate in which I sold him out with at birth to the FEDs to become just another promissory note to our countries debt holders.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
500,000 available Jobs, 2.5 million people unemployed. 18,000 post men postions available for the christmas period. Over 110,000 applicants. People want to work the figures speak for themselves, there just isn't the employment available.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
People will have to get creative.

Make something
Provide a service
Trade something
Buy something, and find someone who will pay more for it than you did
Barter
Make yourself valuable!

There is nobody stopping you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

Money's stopping people.

how can somebody get up and go self employed getting no more than £100 every two weeks? lol

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

if anyones laxy and workshy its the over payed carrer polititians that we keep electing. why do people still vote for these idiots

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by allintoaccount

I'm not convinced of that argument to be honest, there are many sectors that would literally collapse were it not for "Immigrants" who do the jobs.

There have been shortages for instance, of Nurses and Care Assistants in the health sector and NHS... the NHS would literally not function if the Government didn't have a scheme in place to allow foreign nationals to come in and do the jobs.

I'm not saying that it has no bearing whatsoever, just that the impact is greatly exaggerated and usually by those with an agenda or an ulterior motive.

Perhaps if our government and companies had decent training schemes in place to train our youngsters and get them up to the level that employers need, maybe there would be less unemployed?
Plus there's the whole

Employer :"We can't employ you because you don't have the experience"

Potential Employee : "Well how can I get the experience if you wont employ me?"

There are many, many different factors with employment..... and right now, Immigration is pretty much near the bottom... the economic collapse is the number one reason, plus beaurocracy from the EU regarding employment laws regarding new employees.... red tape is choking many employers.

Immigration is the main reason we have so many unemployed kids. look at the statistics. Out of 7 million vacancies filled , 5 million went to foreigners. The construction industry is full of foreigners. Who is going to pay to train youths when polish workers are ten a penny....... Our youths should have been trained up to be nurses etc etc however instead they have been labeled lazy and thick.
Educational standards have slipped and the system is set up to keep the poor poor. Children in the u.k now have to purchase study books from school, i.e. 3pound for a maths G.c.s.e. Coursework book. How can the poor afford this. When I was at school all study material was loaned free of charge. If you can afford to achieve you will.
Tell the youth workers and social workers and teachers to not even bother, born poor die poor . There is no social mobility whatsoever and no hope for our children.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
People will have to get creative.

Make something
Provide a service
Trade something
Buy something, and find someone who will pay more for it than you did
Barter
Make yourself valuable!

There is nobody stopping you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Really...? Really? Should I just defecate the money required for this or just skip the middle man and crap out raw materials?

Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A 'Mobile Workforce' meaning importing foriegn labour has a double whammy.

We no longer offer real training for our young who are taught to pass exams which has no real practicle use.

Although our bosses say these foreign workers are meant to have higher skills and are harder working but they are paid less, 50% is not unusual which pushes down the wages of the native workers who either go abroad or join the unemployed.

The most outrageous result of this is that the poorer countries these workers come from train them only to loose them to a rich country like ours that invests nothing in training.

So we poach nurses and doctors from poor countries and impoverish them further. The only winners are the rich and they dont give a hoot about the carnage their lust for bigger personal profits causes.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I agree with you totally , probably the truest words on a.t.s s and flag and a bump. A big up for colin.

top topics

join