It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Why People Don't Like Police.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
View Video Here.

Did you hear that??

Cop#1 "I'm thinkin' he needs to be tazed, just for all this work"
Cop#2 "Yeah."

Oh no! he had to get out of bed and work! Time to abuse some citizens!

Now I know most of you are probably wondering what happened before and after this video to him to say that, but ask yourself this...do you taze people that annoy you after a stressful day at work? and could you get away with it?
Hopefully you're answer to both questions would be No.

Unfortunately, for careless authority figures (as seen all over the net, OWS for example) they are quite the exception.
Maybe hes just joking? But if you take you're job seriously, who would joke at a time like that? -Its obviously a serious moment.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

No offense... and I'm no cop apologizer a little more information with that vid would have been nice... as is you don't even know if it's real.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oooo ooo can I add to it?

"My little nightstick's going to get a workout tonight, hopefully"

I'm limiting myself to one video per post, otherwise I'd fill this whole page with police abuse videos captured over just 1 year, then I rant on and on about how no one in charge cares, and this behavior is what they want in most departments, they just don't want their officers getting caught publicly doing it.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

I'm starting to believe that the police being represented as police are not necessary police. It would be interesting to try to collect forensic evidence on these abusive police and see if they actually have credentials.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow... Maybe we need to take a step back and consider the possibility that they didn't quite mean everything that is said as a literal thing to go out and do. I became rather thick skinned to that kind of talk growing up around cops. It's called black humor and is how they stay sane day to day with the true horrors and brutality their world is full of, every shift.

If the public heard half the things Cops, Firemen or Medical Examiners said to relieve the tension or stress..or just try and forget something, they'd probably drop dead in shock.

Now maybe that cop really did say something so stupid, knowing there was a camera right there recording, and really meant it. (He didn't look the least surprised when he glanced back, right at it). I'm going to guess it's a bit of very off-color humor mixed with sincere annoyance though. Just my take.

I'd be curious at who released it and why, actually. It would be logical to think that was another cop given the circumstances and apparent surroundings. Interesting....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually if they are indeed real cops... and the guy said that... and tazed someone.. his goose would be cooked.

I find even saying that out of line.. very much so. But there's nothing to go on here. Or any way to tell if it's real.

Or is it normal for film crews to follow police like that?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Here you go, this should keep you going for a few hours lol
LINK

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

Here you go, this should keep you going for a few hours lol
LINK

Thanks, I bookmarked that gem.

From your link....

Police Killed Small Calff With 12 Guns Shots

I got to draw the line there I'm afraid, you can tase old grandmothers on the side of the road, you can break senior citizens ribs and legs, you can even bloody a handcuffed woman off camera.... but no way I'm going to stand for murdering some delicious filet mignon!

edit on 16-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Eh, both of those videos are just guys trash talking, it happens to an extent in all industries, but especially combat, medicine, rescue, and police work. You would not believe some of the crass stuff that hospital people say when they are out of patients or family members earshot. It’s nothing more then BS’ing to blow off steam, or make light of an emotionally difficult situation, but seems crass to those who are not hardened to it. Its often a way of putting on your game face, keeping a professional distance from the situation, and carrying with what you have to do.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Jeez. A little dark humor and the cry babies come out. You should hang out with a paramedic, or someone in the military or even a doctor. Take it down a notch.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Eh, both of those videos are just guys trash talking, it happens to an extent in all industries, but especially combat, medicine, rescue, and police work. You would not believe some of the crass stuff that hospital people say when they are out of patients or family members earshot. It’s nothing more then BS’ing to blow off steam, or make light of an emotionally difficult situation, but seems crass to those who are not hardened to it. Its often a way of putting on your game face, keeping a professional distance from the situation, and carrying with what you have to do.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

So who is in place to evaluate some of these "trash talkers" blowing off steam to make sure they are maintaining their emotional and moral stability? No one is, until they mess up, then they are investigated, by their own usually. Where is the line drawn from stress relieving and a real problem individual?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Actually I don't find it crass... I find it wrong.

It's not some cute little foible. It's stating an intent to commit a crime. Which is a pretty stupid thing to say considering his profession. And his proximity to a video camera.

If you want to be treated as professional.. try acting like one.

Assuming of course the video as presented is true

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Jeez. A little dark humor and the cry babies come out. You should hang out with a paramedic, or someone in the military or even a doctor. Take it down a notch.

I have, many times. My father was a firefighter, my friends marines and paramedics. No one really hangs out with doctors. I knew a few paramedics who ended up being accused of drugging people and rape. I know firefighters who baseball bat people for revenge for a friend of theirs and/or money issues. I know marines that think of human life as cheap and expendable after years of desensitization and demoralization and they are just basically *gone* mentally. I also use to drink at the local bars with the cops, heard many stories, mostly how they thought of themselves as their own mafia.
Maybe you should go out more into the real world instead of calling people names from your safe zone.
edit on 16-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Some people have no sense of humor.

If I were a cop I would joke all the time about excessive force. I would never use it, but I would damn well joke about it. Some folks just don't understand dark humor.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
So who is in place to evaluate some of these "trash talkers" blowing off steam to make sure they are maintaining their emotional and moral stability? No one is, until they mess up, then they are investigated, by their own usually. Where is the line drawn from stress relieving and a real problem individual?

Like you’ve never heard a restaurant worker make a remark that they were going to do something to someone’s food, or any other service employee make a remark about how they wanted to give a difficult customer a hard time? Hell, when I was at the airport, we used to joke about sending PITA customer’s bags to Nome Alaska. None of it ever happens, its just blowing off steam.

In the case of people in emotionally charged situations, it’s a way of bonding with the other team members, putting back up a professional barrier, and moving on with what has to be done. For example, you think that after a patent dies in a hospital, it does not upset the personnel that worked on them? They, however, cannot wonder weeping through the hallways. They have a job to do, and they have other patients that need assistance. So they simply make a light comment, detach from the situation, put their game face back on, and keep moving forward.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

And as stated ... some people don't understand professionalism.. or liability.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I agree and am familiar with that stuff. There are the choice few that put on their game face but can't really handle that type of work, so they fake it for as long as possible. Not all police can handle being police, yet they still are on the job, same with doctors, lawyers, waiters, mechanics, and especially military soldiers. Some careers it really doesn't matter, but others are matters of life & death. I knew several police officers that should have been thrown in prison for their DUI crimes for example, but the PD takes care of their own, so they are back on the street with the possibility of killing civilians from more DUIs. One was a Sgt who rolled his cruiser over on a bridge while trashed, still on the force. I'm mostly referring to those types, no real oversight.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It is only the following people who do not like Police.

Crooks
Druggies
Punks
Mentally challenged persons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like Hill Billy's
Impressionable Kids - see OWS
Losers at life
Speeders
Impaired Drivers
People who beat their spouses
Bullies
Pedophiles
Pimps and Hookers
Scumbags

Where do you fall into the above list?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by defcon5

Actually I don't find it crass... I find it wrong.

It's not some cute little foible. It's stating an intent to commit a crime. Which is a pretty stupid thing to say considering his profession. And his proximity to a video camera.

If you want to be treated as professional.. try acting like one.

Assuming of course the video as presented is true

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I actually laughed in pity when they opened fire and chased it with lights and sirens blazing...simply pathetic overkill.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfidel

Even better... Here's a list of those who defend police blindly :

The blind.

There's your clue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join