It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Inmate Flips the Bird to Witnesses at his Execution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
OHIO INMATE FLIPS THE BIRD AT EXECUTION

I am generally against the death penalty. I was raised in Lucasville OH the site of this execution.

But this time I cannot say anything except that the State of Ohio got this one right.

In a nutshell, this man killed his 3 sons ages 11-17 as they slept because his wife filed for divorce. Apparently from everything I have read he quit his job in late 1970s and she was supporting the family. She grew tired of it, filed for divorce. She came home from work and found her sons murdered in their beds.

This man bought the gun 9 days prior to killing his kids.

The defense attorney has argued he is mentally ill and for that reason he shouldnt be executed.

Well after 30 years of living LIVING on death row being fed 3 meals a day and not working he had to pay for his crime.

The execution was delayed twice due to last minute appeals.

When it was time for him to die he refused to make a final statement VERBALLY. Instead he used his strapped down hands to flip the bird at the witnesses watching.

His ex wife was watching and so was her sister.

No closure for them. This monster went out like he apparently lived.

I wish I could feel for him the way I feel after most of these executions in my hometown. (I dont live there any more) but I cannot. I feel 30 years was just way too long.

Ohio got this one right.

edit on 15-11-2011 by k21968 because: FIX THE LINK

edit on 15-11-2011 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The only thing they did wrong was let him live for 30 years. The death penalty can be a touchy subject but IMO, if the person either confesses, or there is enough evidence to PROVE he was guilty, I say get it over with quick.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I agree with you 30 years was too long...this guy should have been executed a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
C'mon, what's with the caps lock?
This isn't a world changing story. It's just another law and order distraction.

So what if he flipped the bird? Who cares?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Who cares? Obviously not you. I do care....the author of this thread had something interesting to say....and you don't care... why did you bother to post.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It matters because it shows that this peice of human waste had no remorse and deserved EXACTLY what he got.....just in case the public had any qualms about his execution.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would give a lot more than the bird to a society killing me to send the message that killing is wrong. If you want revenge then have the balls to do it yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ghost33

So....then we would have 2 murderers....then maybe the next guy could kill the next guy and so on and so on....nahhh.....fry the first one and remove the problem.

edit on 11/15/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Apparently you cared enough to chime in as the caps lock monitor as well as the flippant "don't add crap to the thread" poster.

If you have nothing valuable to add, add nothing at all.

The story of this man is one that makes capital punishment a necessity. After doing what he did, he didn't deserve the ability to display his middle finger at his execution. It should have been shoved up his backside until it was lodged in his throat. Then his mouth could be opened and he could flip himself off in a mirror.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Death penalty for murder and harming the innocent.. Including children AND animals.

If a person confesses to a crime, "mental illness" is a cheap way to keep a piece of scum alive. It's an insult to me, because I do have a mental illness... This piece of crap who killed his three kids, and confessed? Should have been dead at sunrise. 30 years, when his children did not even get past adolescence? All three of those boys would have been fathers by now, with teenagers of their own..

Ohio shouldnt have waited so long.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This man was a horrible person. Maybe he deserved to die.

Let me ask this though: What did we gain from his death? Closure? That's just a dressed up word that means revenge.

I'll have more respect for those who support the death penalty when they start calling it what it is - Cold, brutal, revenge.

Let the POS rot in prison his entire life and live every day with what he did. When you support murder you are no better than those who commit it.

And no, I'm not defending this man in any way. I think people who harm children are the worst of the worst, but I also think that by committing the same act we are lowering ourselves to that level.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by ghost33

So....then we would have 2 murderers....then maybe the next guy could kill the next guy and so on and so on....nahhh.....fry the first one and remove the problem.

We've already got a lot more than two murderers..

Add every American who supports the death penalty to your list.
edit on 15-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

The only problem with that is that these types don't rot in prison regretting what that did. They drain the system while we pay for their health care food etc, and all the while running scams. I wish it were true they would relive it every day, but it's just not reality. They don't sit around drowning in remorse at all. I worked in a prison system for a couple of years, and it is disgusting. Some of them BRAG about it. Of course, child molesters, rapists, and child killers are a target for other inmates, but the system PROTECTS them....and they are kept in a "special" unit....to live out their days.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I care Ghost. As I stated I am not normally pro death penalty but this jerk couldnt apologize for what he did instead he went to his death flipping the bird. It proved to me that Ohio got it right. I typically feel for the sorry sob who got the needle, but not this time. This marked a definite change in my feelings about the death penalty.
It is important to me and apparently to others like myself who have posted substantial remarks either in agreement or disagreement.

As for the CAPS I apologize profusely. As you can see by my profile, I do not post much on ATS because a member always feels the need to point out an error I made instead of adding something substantial to the thread. A nicer thing to have done would have been to send me a private message and explain my error.
NOt putting me on blast in public.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I understand that some people are beyond repair or remorse. My take on that is that a society that condones killing it's own citizens, not only those convicted of violent crimes but also now killing those suspected of crimes against the state via assassination is only perpetuating the problem. As long as the state is allowed to kill and we're being exposed to it daily we will see these types of acts continue. Of course there are many other contributors, but this is one of them.

I understand the emotion involved.. I can't read or hear a story about crimes against children without feeling horrible. I can't even explain how bad it makes me feel.. Recent examples like Lisa Irwin and Sky Metalwala fill me with rage and sadness all at the same time. While I absolutely hope they are found, chances are at this point they never will be. If the parents are ultimately found responsible I believe they should spend the rest of their lives behind bars - but I don't believe that killing them would accomplish anything whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you Caledonea. This is one reason why I rarely start a thread. Someone always has to be mean or negative. If I dont like something I read I move on. No need to tell them I didnt like it.

I am learning still on here.

Geesh..

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That was my feelings exactly StealthyKat. I am going to do more research because normally when an execution takes place at Southern OHIO Correctional Facility there are protestors in force. I didnt hear about any this time. I know Ms. Prejean the "Dead Man Walking" author was at the capital building and shortly after this execution there was a bill introduced to eliminate the death penalty in OH and give mandatory life in prison with no parole sentences.

I am really curious how this will pan out.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ghost33

Ghost sorry but I do not understand what you are saying. I *think* you are saying that you feel the death penalty is wrong. I would like to hear your views on why.

I was anti death penalty until today. It was a definite turning point for me.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by caladonea

Thank you Caledonea. This is one reason why I rarely start a thread. Someone always has to be mean or negative. If I dont like something I read I move on. No need to tell them I didnt like it.

I am learning still on here.

Geesh..

You are welcome...I am learning too....I have made my share of mistakes on here...but...I am learning!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

The story of this man is one that makes capital punishment a necessity. After doing what he did, he didn't deserve the ability to display his middle finger at his execution. It should have been shoved up his backside until it was lodged in his throat. Then his mouth could be opened and he could flip himself off in a mirror.

I agree bozzchem. I dont know I just think I would have had much more respect for this guy had he at least apologized to his ex wife and his ex sister in law for taking away those boys. To say nothing and then to flip off the witnesses was one last act of rebellion.

I could not imagine being his ex wife, who once loved this man, had 3 boys with him, and witnessing his execution only to have the last interaction with him be him flipping me the bird.

I guess I have too much empathy for her.

As I said OHio got this one right. It is the ONLY one so far I have agreed with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join