It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's a question from Australia to our New Zealand, Canadian and U.S cousins about the EU crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You must have heard by now that we're sending money to the world bank for Europe.

Why in your view should our countries have to send money to help the Europeans? The European union was/ is exactly that. A united Europe against everyone else. Prefered trading partners within Europe etc. The same currency and "Supposedly" the strength that would come from it. Dare I say it was a plan of them against us?

Now theyre going down the tube and pulling each other down so why should we help?

What if this European union had of sent our economies down the tube would they be bailing us out or would they be saying that we should have had a union?

I for one believe that because we already send billions overseas to 3rd world countries perhaps the Europeans should just take this one on the chin. We can't help everyone.

www.cme-mec.ca...

www.news.com.au...

www.cnbc.com...

edit on 14-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
S&F, Steve,

As a kiwi, can I ask why you are asking just Canada?

Anyway, I totally agree.

Europe would not bail us out, and also we send a lot of aid, even though we are very small and suffering from our own problems.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Has Australia committed funds yet? I know Swanny has announced billions in government spending cuts. So yeah, great, our government sacrifices spending on Australia all the while sending same public money overseas to Europe. Well I guess the reason for this is to ensure the whole globe goes down with the Eurozone.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
S&F, Steve,

As a kiwi, can I ask why you are asking just Canada?

Anyway, I totally agree.

Europe would not bail us out, and also we send a lot of aid, even though we are very small and suffering from our own problems.

Sorry mate I forgot about the closest cuz of all. My shame. I'll see if I can fix it. IS NZ sending money as well?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Dude.. seriously they don't tell us anything.
First I have heard of it right here.

edit on 14-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Has Australia committed funds yet? I know Swanny has announced billions in government spending cuts. So yeah, great, our government sacrifices spending on Australia all the while sending same public money overseas to Europe. Well I guess the reason for this is to ensure the whole globe goes down with the Eurozone.

Gillard wants to and she'll get what she wants because the Greens will back her while she pushes their Green agenda. That's where she gets her numbers of support from.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I have no idea if we are, but we will happily waste a $100,000 on a bloody lost penguin.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

You know, Steve,

Ozzies are so brilliant because they apologise freely and they speak the truth.

Unlike America and Europe.

I don't know if we are pouring money into Europe - all I know is that we are pouring money into other countries while ignoring our own.

This reminds me of the world wars - Oz and NZ were always there to help, but it makes you wonder if any of those countries we saved would ever help us.

The message here is help your own and (I was going to say, forget the rest, but in honour of our soldiers who died I cannot say that). So, what I will say is, put your own country first.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

You know, Steve,

Ozzies are so brilliant because they apologise freely and they speak the truth.

Unlike America and Europe.

I don't know if we are pouring money into Europe - all I know is that we are pouring money into other countries while ignoring our own.

This reminds me of the world wars - Oz and NZ were always there to help, but it makes you wonder if any of those countries we saved would ever help us.

The message here is help your own and (I was going to say, forget the rest, but in honour of our soldiers who died I cannot say that). So, what I will say is, put your own country first.

What you say is true. Plenty of people struggling at home these days and apparently we've got it good to the others. But charity should begin at home.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm Canadian.

I don't recall being asked if it was ok to use MY money for anything else but helping my Country in its own crisis.

I also don't remember being asked if I wanted to be involved in invasions, occupations or wars of which I have nothing to do with and sacrificing MY brothers and sisters for the gains of TPTB.

I just don't remember being asked....

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

I have no idea if we are, but we will happily waste a $100,000 on a bloody lost penguin.

Yeah but it was cute.
And it's home was closer to NZ than the EU is.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I'm Canadian.

I don't recall being asked if it was ok to use MY money for anything else but helping my Country in its own crisis.

I also don't remember being asked if I wanted to be involved in invasions, occupations or wars of which I have nothing to do with and sacrificing MY brothers and sisters for the gains of TPTB.

I just don't remember being asked....

Peace

Who is asked? Cash cows and fodder my friend.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
wait.. is everyone else sending billions to 3rd world countries?
how many billions do these people need?

if everyone is losing money, who is gaining it?

sometimes i wonder if there isnt a giant hole somewhere dug straight to the center of the earth with a thousand people surrounding it, working night and day, just tossing money down into it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
wait.. is everyone else sending billions to 3rd world countries?
how many billions do these people need?

if everyone is losing money, who is gaining it?

sometimes i wonder if there isnt a giant hole somewhere dug straight to the center of the earth with a thousand people surrounding it, working night and day, just tossing money down into it.

The whole western world has always sent money into the hole. I don't know about any other country but how I read Australias constitution is that any foreign aid is to be sent only after a national referendum. There's never been a national referendum in regards to it.
edit on 14-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

This is all in lieu of world wars. Instead of armies marching across borders to gain assets, they now march "deficits" and binary soldiers to wreck havok on other economies for their own gain.

*sorry, haven't had enough caffiene today, yet*

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

its only a matter of time before we sink..
2nd

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

This is all in lieu of world wars. Instead of armies marching across borders to gain assets, they now march "deficits" and binary soldiers to wreck havok on other economies for their own gain.

*sorry, haven't had enough caffiene today, yet*

Well I read somewhere that China wants to send money as well. Not meaning to sound goody two shoes but that would be an agenda that would need close watching indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So that's what the asset sales are for

Thanks, John.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Funny story...

I'm German.

No one ever asked the citizens of all the EU Member States if they want to be part of the EU.

Although our Constitution says that we the people are the highest political body... no one ever asks us anything anymore - ever!

The EU centralists recently told us that the only way to save the € and solve the debt-crisis is to form a greater fiscal union at the cost of the sovereignty of the individual Member States.

Many Germans, Brits, Greek, French, Spanish etc. would rather see the EU collapse than to give up our national sovereignty.

We didn't cause the global financial crisis and you didn't either, so why should we, the people, pay for it?

I say let those pay who are responsible for this mess.

We don't want your money... they do.

reply to post by beezzer

Caffeine has nothing to do with it... I think your post is spot-on

Behold the financial coup détat.
edit on 14-11-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Firstly, sorry for interloping as im European!
However, im a Brit and also not in the Eurozone and we have the same issue here. I can tell you, quite simply, that it is down to your membership in the IMF. Every IMF member is committed to this - it could cost us in Britain up to another £40 billion for something we aren't even members of!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join