It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the First Time, Lab-Grown Blood Is Pumped Into a Human's Veins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Don't know how interested I am in synthetic blood,but if it can save lives without adverse events then I'm all for it.

Source

Artificial blood may become a common reality, thanks to the first successful transfusion of lab-grown blood into a human. Luc Douay, of Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, extracted hematopoietic stem cells from a volunteer's bone marrow, and encouraged these cells to grow into red blood cells with a cocktail of growth factors. Douay's team labeled these cultured cells for tracing, and injected 10 billion of them (equalling 2 milliliters of blood) back into the marrow donor's body.

Other related links

DARPA

Blood Journal
edit on 11-11-2011 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was just thinking all the vampires will start lining up for their. I mean the real vampires vampire clubs

i like the idea for the fact that i give blood but not enough do

edit on 11-11-2011 by bakedbluedevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I see one of two things happening if this turns out to be revolutionary:

1) TPTB will discredit this discovery with everything they have.

2) TPTB will use this discovery to enact the NWO.

I'm leaning towards Option 2 for this one. Other than that, nice find. S&F

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Remember nothing created in labs have ever been prof to be completely safe for humans as we humans were never made to go against the natural order of living things.

Everything that man creates to compete with nature turns into crap and poisons whatever it touches.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

This is indeed an historic moment my friend. Thanks for sharing this. I can wait till the moment all our organs and parts can be replaced entirely in order to humanity can be aware of the fact that we are not our bodies.

Remember nothing created in labs have ever been prof to be completely safe for humans as we humans were never made to go against the natural order of living things. Everything that man creates to compete with nature turns into crap and poisons whatever it touches.

Like glasses were created to improve eyes perfomance in those who have "natural" sight problems?
I humbly want to point out that technology maybe is part of the natural order of living things.
edit on 11-11-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
agree KySc5 the only blood that is proven safe will be this stuff all other supplies will be suspect
edit on 11-11-2011 by bakedbluedevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Very Cool. Marking for latter.Thank you for posting.
S&F

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Awesome!

True Blood for real! Niceee

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bakedbluedevil

Not everyone is aloud to give blood, including any man who has had sex with another man since 1977.

I wouldn't mind if synthetic blood was an option for us, but I'd still prefer the natural stuff. Besides the bond we share with our donors is something I don't think many of us would be willing to give up.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5

Seriously? Why would TPTB care about lab grown blood, and how would they use it to enact the NWO? Please enlighten me.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Daedal

Remember nothing created in labs have ever been prof to be completely safe for humans as we humans were never made to go against the natural order of living things.

Everything that man creates to compete with nature turns into crap and poisons whatever it touches.

This is patently false.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

There is no such thing as "safe."

Nature has not developed so that we may eat/live with it. We have adapted so that we may survive eating it and/or living in it. It is an ongoing process.

The "natural order" of intelligent, sentient life is to attempt to understand and create. We would not have come to where we are today (for better and/or for worse) were it not for our natural ability to observe, learn, theorize, and manipulate our environment.

To compete with nature?

This would be a rather hidebound view of things.

You say this, however, as though human beings are outside of nature - that our creations are not, of themselves, part of a natural process above and beyond our direct control.

Can the growth of technology be stopped? Once you have taught someone how to make something as useful as steel... can you really control how steel is used and/or how knowledge of it spreads?

Technology - the very concept of it is well beyond our control. We are no more in control of our own growth and development (technologically) than an ocean is in control of its borders. It proceeds in ways we don't expect, times we do not predict, and stalls at times when we expect booms.

So, I'll pretty much say this - this is, perhaps, one of the most significant medical breakthroughs in a long while. For starters - it means fewer issues with blood transfusions. As an indirect - this would mark one of the first times we have successfully 'grown' bodily fluids outside of the body in any reliable fashion - and to any practical means that interface with a human being.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this is a great find for one reason.
we have a blood shortage here in the US and i assume the rest of the world as well.
if we can apply our sciences in a positive manner to benefit mankind, then it gets my vote.
amazing.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

First Batch of DARPA's Synthetic Blood Delivered to FDA, Could Be on Battlefields Soon

DARPA(Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) is the powers that be. Secondly, this technology was created for soldiers on the battlefield.

Blood on the Battlefield Trauma wards in combat zones often run short of blood necessary for transfusions. A DARPA program may soon yield vast amounts of synthetic, universally accepted blood that will provide medics with a perpetual supply.

This scientific endeavor will most likely be used in Hospitals across America and the world. How do I know? Because a good chunk of the medical discoveries in our history have come from the battlefield.

Life & Style |The Timeline: Battlefield medicine

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
@bakedbluedevil; Thank you for bringing this to "our" attention by linking to one of "our" websites. We have no comment at this time on our plans to implement this medical breakthrough as part of our longstanding NWO ties. You'd have to travel down that path with this organization; veritasvosliberabit.com.

"... Let the Rider from the Secret Place come forth..."

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I find this disgusting.

Synthetic ANYTHING will never be a good answer when it comes to the human body. It may appear that way but I tell you in the long run its not.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hope it works. I'm getting tired of giving blood. I'm a universal donor and I get a call about once a month to donate. It is a children's hospital so of course I donate. If this works it would ensure them of a steady supply.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZacharyW
I find this disgusting.

Synthetic ANYTHING will never be a good answer when it comes to the human body. It may appear that way but I tell you in the long run its not.

Right, it's far better for people to bleed to death on the operating table due to shortage of donated blood. Luddites

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
reply to post by Daedal

This is indeed an historic moment my friend. Thanks for sharing this. I can wait till the moment all our organs and parts can be replaced entirely in order to humanity can be aware of the fact that we are not our bodies.

Remember nothing created in labs have ever been prof to be completely safe for humans as we humans were never made to go against the natural order of living things. Everything that man creates to compete with nature turns into crap and poisons whatever it touches.

Like glasses were created to improve eyes perfomance in those who have "natural" sight problems?
I humbly want to point out that technology maybe is part of the natural order of living things.
edit on 11-11-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)
... Funny U should say this about
'Hand Me Down Life Extention Tech' to the lesser elite... with money

Jesus(aka?) said/says, How miserable is the body that depends on the body,
and how miserable is the soul that depends on these two.

Mr X-ULTRA/NATURAL... maybe U-ALL can drink our own blood together... to recycle ourselves into One

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by marg6043

There is no such thing as "safe."

Nature has not developed so that we may eat/live with it. We have adapted so that we may survive eating it and/or living in it. It is an ongoing process.

The "natural order" of intelligent, sentient life is to attempt to understand and create. We would not have come to where we are today (for better and/or for worse) were it not for our natural ability to observe, learn, theorize, and manipulate our environment.

To compete with nature?

This would be a rather hidebound view of things.

You say this, however, as though human beings are outside of nature - that our creations are not, of themselves, part of a natural process above and beyond our direct control.

Can the growth of technology be stopped? Once you have taught someone how to make something as useful as steel... can you really control how steel is used and/or how knowledge of it spreads?

Technology - the very concept of it is well beyond our control. We are no more in control of our own growth and development (technologically) than an ocean is in control of its borders. It proceeds in ways we don't expect, times we do not predict, and stalls at times when we expect booms.

So, I'll pretty much say this - this is, perhaps, one of the most significant medical breakthroughs in a long while. For starters - it means fewer issues with blood transfusions. As an indirect - this would mark one of the first times we have successfully 'grown' bodily fluids outside of the body in any reliable fashion - and to any practical means that interface with a human being.

The problem is not the technology or growth, it is that these things are ruled by $$. It turns things in a whole different direction when men are profiting despite what they know about their fertilizers, growing methods, med.s, machines you name it.

<<   2 >>

join