It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Plans Bomb Sales in Gulf to Counter Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

U.S. Plans Bomb Sales in Gulf to Counter Iran

online.wsj.com

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration has quietly drawn up plans to provide a key Persian Gulf ally with thousands of advanced "bunker-buster" bombs and other munitions, part of a stepped-up U.S. effort to build a regional coalition to counter Iran.

The proposed sale to the United Arab Emirates would vastly expand the existing capabilities of the country's air force to target fixed structures, which could include bunkers and tunnels—the kind of installations where Iran is believed to be developing weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Looks like the game is afoot. The thing I find peculiar is that the weapons are going to the UAE, which if you haven't noticed has become very wealthy lately.

Also I find the UAE in an interesting position to rise to power.

Several months ago, Obama met with the Crowned Prince, I believe he may be the 12 Imam.

en.wikipedia.org...

Who's to say if they are not in cahoots, what if they turn their military might against Israel?

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
They wouldn't be that stupid. The US wouldn't allow it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I hope your right.

I have a weird feeling about this move.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well if they were to do such a thing, that really would start WW3.

Do you know the current relationship between Israel and the UAE?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Interesting, right after I posted that a huge part of the article disappeared. Told me to subscribe.

Anyhow it said that the UAE was less controversial because they are seen as the least hostile towards Israel.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Genius... Talk up how much of an arsenal Iran has, "OMGOMG Iran has already made a computer model of a nuke." Then sell the surrounding ally countries new bombs (our outdated bombs) to maybe use on our greatest enemy in the area.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Of course they would allow US weapons to be sold to other countries. Fast and Furious ring a bell?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
On another note...Well, the same actually.

Obama approves secret sale of ‘bunker buster’ bombs to Israel

Back in Sept:

www.thedailybeast.com...

While publicly pressuring Israel to make deeper concessions to the Palestinians, President Obama has secretly authorized significant new aid to the Israeli military that includes the sale of 55 deep-penetrating bombs known as bunker busters, Newsweek has learned.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by croweboy

What does a movie have to do with weapon sales?
2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

What does a movie have to do with weapon sales?
2nd

I hope that was an attempt at humor and not a commentary on how ill-informed about current events you are.
2nd

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Obviously it was a joke, lighten up.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There is no American tradition more frequently honoured then that of sending bombs to the middle east.

God Bless America!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's official: Our State Department is broken.

These people are pouring salt on a wound..... the tragedy is they play it like a game.... especially since others will have to die while they and their families sit safe at home.

The objective does not seem to be peace.... I can't remember the last time it was. These corporate-political parties took over the theater.... and now they seem to be intending our citizens to be the 'grist' for their 'mill.'

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That's great. We just send everyone bombs and guns, in order to prevent people from shooting off guns and bombs.

All sold by the Department of "Defense". We're defending our a$$es off.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Well according to wikipedia. Israel does not have a relationship with UAE.

en.wikipedia.org...–United_Arab_Emirates_relations

Israel – United Arab Emirates relations are pursued behind the scenes. Officially, the United Arab Emirates does not recognize Israel as a state, and the two countries do not have diplomatic relations.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Perfect. So they won't feel morally wrong after bombing israel.
I suppose it all depends on the relationship with Iran then. Whoever they hate more will get it.

Although I don't believe it would benefit them to attack anyone. I believe they'll use these weapons as self defense, if the region enters utter turmoil and war breaks out on a large scale.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think they should give Obama another peace prize for pushing so much for peace... I mean, arming dictators to do war to other dictators sure is a sign of a peaceful man...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Just to be fair.

www.theatlantic.com...

Iran and the United Arab Emirates don't get along. The two countries have a contested claim over three islands in the Persian Gulf (one of which Iran has occupied since 1992).

It's no wonder then that the UAE's ambassador to the U.S., Yousef al-Otaiba's, said the Middle East would be worse off with a nuclear-armed Iran than with a war against it.

www.haaretz.com...

Top Iranian clergyman Ahmad Khatami slammed the United Arab Emirates on Saturday for its decision to allow National Infrastructure minister Uzi Landau to arrive at its international energy conference ealier in the week.

"This is an unacceptable normalization," Khatami said, calling the U.A.E. leaders responsible for the invitation "sanctimonious hypocrites."

Minister Uzi Landau said on Sunday he did not meet with any U.A.E. officials while attending a conference of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), based in the UAE capital Abu Dhabi.

The event marked the first time Israel had sent a cabinet minister to the United Arab Emirates.

So it appears they are no fan of Israel, but they are no fan of Iran either.

Maybe they will strike Iran first.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join