It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "structures" on surface Asteroid 2005 YU55's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

It would be nice to see people on this forum to once and for all say "Gee, I don't know" rather then TRYING to appear like an Einstein spokesperson.

I think people, by nature, retract back to what's comforting to them. So if they don't know something, they seek the safest conclusion.
So those who believe and buy all that NASA has to sell us, they will conclude people like me are reading too much into it. I get it. But don't beat up on the messenger.

There will come a day when irrefutable alien evidence will be found. It's not a matter of "if'.... it's a matter of honesty.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

What exactly is NASA trying to "sell us" by calling attention to the unknown, puzzling structures on their website?

Seems you already have your mind made up, whereas NASA is saying "Gee, I don't know".

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

In science the term "structure" is applied to any type of formation.

Hmmm then maybe they need a refresher on the definition of structure...

dictionary.reference.com...
1.mode of building, construction, or organization; arrangement of parts, elements, or constituents: a pyramidal structure.
2.something built or constructed, as a building, bridge, or dam.
3.a complex system considered from the point of view of the whole rather than of any single part: the structure of modern science.
4.anything composed of parts arranged together in some way; an organization.
5.the relationship or organization of the component parts of a work of artor literature: the structure of a poem.

They should have used the word Formation...

1.The act or process of forming something or of taking form.
2.Something formed: beautiful cloud formations.
3.The manner or style in which something is formed; structure: the distinctive formation of the human eye.
4.A specified arrangement or deployment, as of troops.
5.Geology. The primary unit of lithostratigraphy, consisting of a succession of strata useful for mapping or description.

LOL Whoop looks like this has been argued. Come on Phage...it is odd ok?
edit on 9-11-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

What exactly is NASA trying to "sell us" by calling attention to the unknown, puzzling structures on their website?

Seems you already have your mind made up, whereas NASA is saying "Gee, I don't know".

Why call attention to this inconclusive finding in first place? To share with us their every last thought? Nah....

I feel NASA is constantly doing a 'drip drip disclosure' . Not necessarily outright lying but giving us enough innuendos to connect some formative dots.

Do you think today's Emergency Drill wasn't scheduled without a lot of thought? By they way, when is that supposed to happen?

You see, to me they want us to start thinking outside the box.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

I guess I was more directing it to the Phages out there who DO seem to know. They know it's natural. And they know it's not man-made.
On the other hand, you're correct. NASA at the moment is NOT saying what it is but I have to wonder why they're calling attention to it in the first place.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When NASA says "strange" it probably means "something they weren't expecting" not "something they've never seen before"

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It seems that it would have been quite in order for Dr. Benner, the NASA spokesman on this matter, to have given a *description* of the structures that proved to be so puzzling. This happened promptly when the recent space probe to the planet Mercury turned up some surprising geological features. I believe that they are still working on explanations for some of these. Naturally it's too soon for explanations in re YU55, but why so reticent about even the appearance of the structures? Ross

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
It seems that it would have been quite in order for Dr. Benner, the NASA spokesman on this matter, to have given a *description* of the structures that proved to be so puzzling. This happened promptly when the recent space probe to the planet Mercury turned up some surprising geological features. I believe that they are still working on explanations for some of these. Naturally it's too soon for explanations in re YU55, but why so reticent about even the appearance of the structures? Ross

How does one 'read' radio-echo-heat signals or signatures? You don't. You speculate. And deduce. And add. And postulate. And subtract. And formulate. And multiply until you're left with a guess.

Like I said, its the 'drip drip' disclosure at work here.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
When NASA says "strange" it probably means "something they weren't expecting" not "something they've never seen before"

When we the audience/spectators are reading NASA's words we shouldn't have to walk away, scratching our heads and using the words " they probably mean" either!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
the preliminary report is saying "we know THIS, and we don't know THIS", that's how science works, they made observations, they found surface features maybe not so consisting with what we know of small asteroids, so they are "puzzling".
Your mistake is thinking that what is "puzzling" to you is the universal "puzzlingness"... from an astronomy/geology/whatever POV, any feature that doesn't fit with what we know, puzzles us, and requires further study. And that is EXACTLY what they are saying, so I don't understand what is the problem..

And

Science =/= Nasa. There are a LOT of people and institutions making damn good science all over the world (we are legion!
) and whether NASA has an ulterior agenda (which I really really can't say, I don't work for NASA nor I have a "cousin" there...) or not, we are all following this bad boy, and sharing what we find and what we don't understand is how we managed to come this far...

Nevertheless. It's quite interesting they found "puzzling" structures. And until more data is collected that is all we know, and it'd be stupid not to say it just because we don't have the complete answer...

Thanks

Drakus

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Check and mate good sir, Bravo!
2nd
edit on 9-11-2011 by overseer1136 because: 2nd

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
the preliminary report is saying "we know THIS, and we don't know THIS", that's how science works, they made observations, they found surface features maybe not so consisting with what we know of small asteroids, so they are "puzzling".
Your mistake is thinking that what is "puzzling" to you is the universal "puzzlingness"... from an astronomy/geology/whatever POV, any feature that doesn't fit with what we know, puzzles us, and requires further study. And that is EXACTLY what they are saying, so I don't understand what is the problem..

And

Science =/= Nasa. There are a LOT of people and institutions making damn good science all over the world (we are legion!
) and whether NASA has an ulterior agenda (which I really really can't say, I don't work for NASA nor I have a "cousin" there...) or not, we are all following this bad boy, and sharing what we find and what we don't understand is how we managed to come this far...

Nevertheless. It's quite interesting they found "puzzling" structures. And until more data is collected that is all we know, and it'd be stupid not to say it just because we don't have the complete answer...

Thanks

Drakus

They sure weren't 'puzzled' by strange (for lack of a better word) objects on the Moon or even the matrix-like face on Mars.
Seems to me they're pickin' and choosin' what's discernible and what's not.

C'mon now. This is all too bizarre. I mean collectively. Things hurling around our planet, satellites falling out of the sky, earthquakes in strange places, Emergency Systems sounding off. Talks about a distant planet of ours, a star likely to implode any day.... etc etc etc.

As part of their duty and drill as to NOT to incite public panic, they sure have a round-about way of going about it and still hitting their mark!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Damb it James t kirk hurry up back
with those wales.
lol

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
Why are we only seeing a fuzzy video from 860,000 miles away ??? It was right in our back yard , they should have amazing pics don't You think ????

It's because of the strange structures that only a fuzzy picture was provided. Can you imagine the [panic, joy, excitement, awe - choose a word] that would have been created if we were to see port-hole type windows with alien space tourists peering out and or taking pictures of us as the asteroid (code name Boeing 77777) sped past.....

edit on 9-11-2011 by eNaR because: I wan't to.

edit on 10-11-2011 by eNaR because: Two edits are better than one !

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Why even mention it at all if they aren't going to elaborate more about them?
Are they purposely messing with the public? I find it hard to believe that this small asteroid actually has "structures" on it, unless they are natural structures caused by interactions from the sun and collisions.

What about the "structure" on Phobos? Just mention it and move on to what Kim Kardashian is up to?

Kim Kardashian...... Last I heard she had a 24 inch telescope pointed at Uranus. What she plans to see baffles the mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Or you're just speculating to fit your personal world view. There's no evidence of that claim, scientists often use the word structures in such a context as Phage pointed out. Not everything is a conspiracy just because you want it to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by amaster
Thats just it, no one said "alien bases". They don't know what these structures are, hence the term "puzzling". If they knew, then they would have said.

I think people, by nature, retract back to what's comforting to them. So if they don't know something, they seek the safest conclusion.

Well then from what's comforting to me, what flew by at 30,000 kph must have been mommy with a blanket, some warm milk and a double chocolate cookie.....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by EGH123

Damb it James t kirk hurry up back
with those wales.
lol

Jimmy boy is going to have an extremely hard time beaming back up with the country of Wales (population three million)......

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's Nov 10th. Moon wasn't hit. What's the next amazing theory about a random rock in space? I can't wait!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Why even mention it at all if they aren't going to elaborate more about them?
Are they purposely messing with the public? I find it hard to believe that this small asteroid actually has "structures" on it, unless they are natural structures caused by interactions from the sun and collisions.

What about the "structure" on Phobos? Just mention it and move on to what Kim Kardashian is up to?

Structure in no way means artificially created. Natural structures is indeed what they were referring to, as to why they were strange I would love to know.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I dont know if that's the real McCoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join