It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Structures on YU55

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
So i was just reading a little news on our friend YU55 when i noticed it was stated that "structures" have been observed on the surface - What does this mean?

Although invisible to the naked eye, scientists said they spotted strange structures on its surface

BBC

---

Bellow is a recording from NASA that apparently shows the structures.

NASA

--

The term structure would usually imply purpose wouldn't it? I mean if it was just craters or something natural, you wouldn't call it a structure would you?

Had a quick search on ATS about this specifically with no luck, sorry if someone has already posted it, i know how fast news can travel here.

Anyone care to clear this up for me, I'm pretty curious

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well, i can't make out any structures

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
The term structure would usually imply purpose wouldn't it? I mean if it was just craters or something natural, you wouldn't call it a structure would you?

No, it wouldn't, and yes, I would.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Neither, but then again i have nothing to compare it to, nor do i have any form of education that would make me suited to give that observation.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I didnt see any structures at all. I did see some craters.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That video you have linked to, where does it say it apparently shows the structures?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

That video you have linked to, where does it say it apparently shows the structures?

On the Nasa link, 4th paragraph down:

The animation reveals a number of puzzling structures on the surface that we don't yet understand. To date, we've seen less than one half of the surface, so we expect more surprises.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It said puzzling structures......that means they are not sure what they are and could mean anything.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well I bet Richard Hoagland will have fun with that bit of info!!

The NASA folks probably have real clear pictures which well never see.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Well I bet Richard Hoagland will have fun with that bit of info!!

The NASA folks probably have real clear pictures which well never see.

Hi RUFFREADY, you mean they have seen a WELL on YU55, a well for water or OIL? Guess we'll all be interested to see that.

No criticism meant as we all forget at times, but the I liked the idea of a well, so maybe it is some sort of flying oil station in space for UFO's to fill up at!
Or maybe not.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dowot

And if so...could that Well be full of gold coins?

(maybe) If sent by the gods.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Actual statement is this and was based on radar images.

"The animation reveals a number of puzzling structures on the surface that we don't yet understand. To date, we've seen less than one half of the surface, so we expect more surprises,'' said radar astronomer Lance Benner, the lead scientist on the project.

www.latimes.com...

In science the term "structure" is applied to any type of formation.

NASA blasted the asteroid with microwaves from a radio telescope near Barstow, using the 230-foot-wide aluminum dish to receive signals bouncing off the asteroid. That data revealed its ridges, craters and boulders and provided enough information about its speed, trajectory and physical characteristics to allow JPL officials to plot its course for the next 64 years.

edit on 11/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry OP. I searched for this thread and couldn't find it so started one too (I asked the Mod to close mine)
But here's my post:

I had to reread this twice. I don't understand how they can nonchalantly mention something so enigmatic and ambiguous and not expound on it. That's it? They "spotted strange structures on its surface" and that's it???

What's next?....they'll report seeing 'structures' on the Moon. Oh wait. They did. And that too got a small blurp and was immediately dropped!

Can this prey-tell be what Richard Hoagland was trying to convey in his preamble smatterings about this asteroid being an A.I. space-craft? But as the old saying goes: even a broken clock is right twice a day. So Hoagland is bound to get something quasi-correct one of these days. Although when he does get it correct, it'll change the history of mankind so there's a lot more riding on his assertions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, is that link to LA Times allowable?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The animation reveals a number of puzzling structures on the surface that we don't yet understand.

I would think the scientists would know what a formation is vs a structure and would have used the term formation instead of structures.. especially when they say .. 'puzzling' and that indicates to me something that is NOT naturally made.. just giving the benefit of the doubt to the NASA (?) scientists

Examples of STRUCTURE

They studied the compound's molecular structure.
The film had a simple narrative structure.
the structure of a plant
the social structure of a college campus
changes to the company's power structure
The structure was damaged by fire.
Children need a lot of structure in their lives.

Examples of FORMATION

The book explains the formation of the planets.
The soldiers were marching in formation.
The team ran on the field and lined up in a punt formation.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

The word "puzzling" indicates to me that the scientists found something they don't fully understand. Something which they love to do, BTW.

Structures, in the sense used by scientists:
courses.missouristate.edu...

edit on 11/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Probibly found/saw odd crystal formations.

At least thats my guess.

You can't see much from what they have released,
I can't wait to see the rest of it.

My mind always goes nuts when I think about asteroids.
They could be made up of anything from cores of planets to big diamonds or just balls of dust.
Very cool!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It's all in the echo...

The Scientists are working with reflected radar waves and only view the reflected wave in the form of a waveform or a graph.

A flat or vertical object relative to the surface will create a distinctively different "echo" in the form of a spike in the returned waveform similar to how sonar echos are used to differentiate between organic(soft) and (hard) metallic objects such as enemy submarines and or mines by the intensity and shape of the reflected waveform or echo.

What the Scientists saw reflected from YU55 was apparently uncharacteristic of a normal meteorite riddled surface of an asteroid.

But due to the intensity and the shape of the waveforms was most likely more characteristic of a verticle/flat surface which also is inherently characteristic of structures.

This will likely be swept under the rug and we'll most likely soon hear the "official story" that this was due to some anomaly in the atmosphere that distorted the return signal or something else to confuse the public ....which is the CIA's job....and as to why I have renamed them ...

The (C)overstory (I)ndoctrination (A)gency. .....

Peace

edit on 9-11-2011 by nh_ee because: Live Free or Die ....it's all our founding fathers asked for....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

No, it would not.There are such a thing as naturally made structures. A mountain, a snowflake.... These are examples of natural structures. We refer to natural structures, as structures all the time.

edit on 9-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah, the anomalies are probably due to the distance the microwaves had to travel to such a tiny 1/4 arc seconds of space on a spinning asteroid hurtling past earth about 30,000 mph. So it's obviously an alien inhabited spaceship on a probing mission once again to observe earth and its moon, or just a space rock orbiting the sun that intersects the orbits of 3 planets that revealed surface features that couldn't clearly be imaged. BTW the moon is 1,800 arc seconds across for comparison in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join