It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The YU55 Apology Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
First Movie of Asteroid 2005 YU55
This six-frame movie of asteroid 2005 YU55 was generated from data obtained by NASA's Goldstone Solar System Radar on Nov. 7, 2011.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Not on youtube yet

NASA Releases Radar Movie of Asteroid 2005 YU55
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 8-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The doomtards on ATS unfortunately have no shame. They are perfectly willing to make claims and preach their predictions with little, zero or faulty/misinterpreted evidence/data/etc to back it up and often based just on "belief" or "a feeling" or "being open minded" and make fear mongering titles/threads that don't even leave the possibility that they might just be paranoid, but when the date comes and goes almost every single one of them just quietly abandons the fail doom threads without a word.

They don't apologize for fear mongering or take responsibility for making bold claims with no proof and laying down propaganda thicker than Rush Limbaugh. They either disappear and make a new account or just quietly move on to the next doom thread and post in that or make a new doomfail of their own. They never learn their lesson, they are too addicted to these fantasies and the attention it brings them. It is sad.
edit on 8-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Welp looks like the job was done another crazy event come to pass that did not cause any harm. Someone really must be looking out for us

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
These threads are fine as long as they are posted in the proper place. What really chaps my rear are the plethora of stars and flags lavished on a member; not for any quality research but for a story made up in their own mind.

And somehow this story just seems to resonate with dozens of people who will then spend page after page defending the OP and their story while criticizing and belittling anyone who dare tries to interject some common sense and reasoning into the mix.

It is times like this that I really hate the star and flag system. Makes me feel like I waste my time on here, since I could make something up and have a fair number of members shout it from the rooftops, whilst lavishing me with stars and flags. But, I don't operate that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm for free speech, but making up associations based on supposition and trying to turn that into a foregone conclusion is asinine and demeans the entire ATS community. And if the mods can't close those threads to prevent said members from garnering undeserving praise, then we ought to chuck the whole 'Deny Ignorance' mantra in the toilet.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Are you people realizing that these doomsday events will never happen?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
And somehow this story just seems to resonate with dozens of people who will then spend page after page defending the OP and their story while criticizing and belittling anyone who dare tries to interject some common sense and reasoning into the mix.

Seriously? Do you even understand the thread title?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Exactly. This seems to be a growing problem. In the past the well researched threads were the ones that would shoot straight to the front page. Now however, as long as you promise doom you rake in the stars and flags while the well researched threads wallow in obscurity. Not to mention that if you go into one of the fearmongering threads with your research that completely disproves the OP you are called such things as close minded and sheople. I seriously think this all stems from the mass bannings over at GLP so now we've got a large influx of less discerning forward thinkers.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
IS this heaven!? oh oh Im still alive LOL LMAO! Another one BITES THE DAMN DUST!

Dont get your little panties in a tussle followers of pseudoscience and bunk logic we all know another topic will pop up soon screaming the end is nigh you can follow.@@:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Seriously? Do you even understand the thread title?

Seriously, my diatribe was in reference to the Impact Warning Theory thread.

This seemed like an appropriate place to vent.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I won't!!! I predicted that it was ET, like elenin and would not hit us, not unless they managed to tractor it in. But I truly doubt that was going to be allowed. I hope they are launching zillions of crafts to do some big time arrests on the corrupt mismanagers of this planet soon and round up the 3 sovereign city states.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I was waiting for someone to say this .. i am not surprised.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why do you care OP, what extremist conspiracy theorists believe? I think most rational thinking people didn't believe an impact was likely.

I personally think NASA doesn't try to lie to the public on a regular basis, and most of their calculations, discoveries and news releases are accurate and honest. I think this was mapped out correctly months ago. I DO think however, that some drills were possibly put together solely because of this flyby. It strikes me as very odd that a tsunami drill AND a national emergency drill (that we have not used.. not for Pearl Harbor.. not for 9/11), on the same day - the day the asteroid passes closest to the moon - is just too suspicious. Better safe than sorry I'd guess, they were thinking.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I accept this is a bit early - so if YU55 does hit in the next hour then I'm the one who needs to make an apology.

But given how many threads there are on YU55 I though it'd be better to have a single thread for all those who have predicted destruction to admit they got it wrong. Again.

Right?

Are you a Man or are you a Sheep

I was wrong also///Now I ...A man...have more time to work on 2012!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If anyone's a fear monger, it's us!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
but hey! at least we've still got 11-11-11 and 12-21-12 to look forward to!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The 9th will be business as usual. I did NOT hit the powerball.

I have faith that I'll be getting up, getting my son to school and going to the office. If I actually hit the lottery for something good, then we'd get hit.

A_L

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo

Originally posted by Radec

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
Has anyone seen this thing pass by?? I'm sure someone somewhere is watching this thing and can take photos right?

Kristen its to small to see with the naked eye and to close for hubbel (mispelled?) to see. But if u get a decent telescope you might have some luck

ty

I have a telescope, but today, of all days KC has been under a deep fog and constant raining...grr! I was all excited to watch this thing!

What's even WORSE is that this site has f*** my brain up so much that when I was driving in the fog all day I actually thought, and said "I bet they haarped this fog so that we couldn't see the astroid" ....then I snapped out of whatever this newfound delusion is that I have been feeling....

edit on 8-11-2011 by KristinLynnxo because: hmm

Oh my god that is so damn funny yet so true! I cannot stop laughing. I even just read your post out loud to my husband (who I have nearly driven insane because of how badly ATS has f***ed my brain up!) because he was giving me that "Okay, I give, what are you laughing at even though I know I'm going to regret asking you about it" look.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nothing worth getting danders up. No apologies needed. Most of us (I'm assuming) enjoy reading far-fetched threads from time-time. Sometimes they are much needed relief from the real on-Earth horror stories we are facing each day. They are aslo exercises of our imaginations; nothing wrong with that.

If you are offended by these types of threads, then surely you ought to find yourself another website. Concrete, factual, provable tales tend not to be conspiracies. Maybe a less-extreme change would be to not click on topics that you already disagree with. Gluttons for punishment or desires to be antagonistic may be the root of your ills?

Keep the far-out threads a-comin I say. No harm, no foul.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by SuperTripps

Am I the only one who thinks this is just another waste of bandwidth, just like the threads that were there to predict an impact? So why do you start another thread thats going to be full of nonesense. I find it really offtopic....
for me this seems to be an other game playing thread, nonesense at least. IMHO
edit on 8-11-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Yes you are the only one who thinks that.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Just a clarification, you all would have known if it was going to hit...

Because JPL and NASA would have told you. Their mathematical understanding of 'space projectiles' is very good.

Of course, it's always fun to jump on the fear-freighter and speculate...but speculation upon these things should coincide with an appreciation of being wrong, especially when you're suggesting something will happen that is going to seriously harm people.

Understood?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I don't recall anyone on ATS claiming YU-55 was going to hit Earth however keep in mind that there is always a slight possibility of any close flyby of a meterorite, comet, asteriod or space junk hitting Earth or some other planet in our solar system even if it's as small as pebbles. There are crators here on Earth to prove such senarios do happen.

I don't think anyone needs to apologise. Hell, one day NASA just might get it wrong, even slightly. Nothing is 100%.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join