It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Navy Vet to be evicted if he hangs flag on Veterans Day-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So they have a rule at the complex he lives at nothing can cover the wall outside. ONE DAY a year this man wants to do what EVERY proud vet would do and display his alliegience for his country. I mean he risked his life for these ungrateful idiots and this is the thanks he gets
I hope these people are the first to go when it all goes down, because some day, the war will come here

www.wtsp.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This is ridiculous!! This is when you know how screwed up our country has become, when a vet can't hang a flag, makes me sad for this country
and also worried and scared for it's future.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My opinion will not be popular, but who cares? Rules is rules and I think people take the flag way too damn seriously. It's a flag. You let one Navy vet hang a flag, then everyone is going to have to be allowed to. Non issue or event in my opinion.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
He should get the hell out of that
environment.. I wouldn't want to live
around a bunch of ass clowns.

I hope he tells them to kiss off.

It is bad enough living under a HOA homeowners associations.
I would not live in one of those dog run houses either.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
My opinion will not be popular, but who cares? Rules is rules and I think people take the flag way to damn seriously. It's a flag. You let one Navy vet hang a flag, then everyone is going to have to be allowed to. Non issue or event in my opinion.

You know NORMALLY I would agree and in fact before I read he just wanted one day a year I felt like you, but their reason because" it could lead to other or offensive banners" is ridiculous! This man is 80 something yrs old. Just another power trip situatuion here. They could allow just him to do this or any vets and still ban the other stuff they say they fear

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
ONE DAY a year...

Several times, actually.

That notice came after the flag went up Oct. 27 for Navy Day, one of several that Zivica marks by hanging it outside the community room

And at the end of the article, it says they already have a (small) flag.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If I were him, I would put the flag inside the window so the world could see it, but it would still be inside his house. I hate those freaking HOAs.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by AllUrChips
ONE DAY a year...

Several times, actually.

That notice came after the flag went up Oct. 27 for Navy Day, one of several that Zivica marks by hanging it outside the community room

And at the end of the article, it says they already have a (small) flag.

Yeah about that........... Thanx. I did not see that part but I still disagree with the nazi people not allowing it. I agree he should move although this isnt the last well see of this kind of disrespect to our vets. Thanx for clearing that up though

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What ever happened to taking things on a case by case basis?

This honorable gentleman wants to hang an American flag? Cool. Someone else wants to hang a sign saying "Merry Christmas" or something of that sort? Fine, I should think.

My point is this, use some judgement about what may, or may not, be in good taste. One rule does not necessarily fit all instances.

This HOA needs to get a grip.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
blog.oregonlive.com...

They won't let the guy fly a flag but they will go for the CASH from the above link . Wow . What doesn't seem right about it all .

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by watchdog8110

I really dont see your point. I mean that article is talking about grant money given to vets to aid with housing and other transition issues. How does that relate to any of this??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Rules are rules. A veteran should be mature enough to be able to respect and honor published rules, even if he doesn't like them.

Rules should apply to everyone, veterans and non-veterans alike. He knew the rules, he broke 'em. He now pays the price. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BMorris
Rules should apply to everyone, veterans and non-veterans alike. He knew the rules, he broke 'em. He now pays the price. Sorry.

Actually just thinking about this a bit more, they might have let him get away with it if he hadnt been so blatant about violating the rules.
If he had just hung his flag ONE day a year outside his own door they might have ignored it, but by putting it up SEVERAL times a year right near the main entrance... it was too much.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
He signed the contract when he moved in. If he didn't read the rules and regulations and didn't bother asking questions, that's not the complex's problem. "just one day a year" isn't in the rules. Why is hanging this flag so important to the vet that he would be willing to lose the place he lives? There are other ways to show your patriotism than flying a flag in a apartment buildings complex. Go stand on the side of the street holding up the flag, nothing against rules about that. Go find a vet group and plan for groups to show off, or parades, or fund-raisers or bike rides anything, So many more ways of going about showing your proud to be a vet and fought for this country than to pick a fight with your landlord about rules you agree'd to when you moved in.

join