It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when a couple had to get a blood test before they could be married? I don't but......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right forum MODS but here it is.

Who thinks the world is getting over complicated? There's new ways of doing things and old tried and trusted systems are removed for the sake of " a better way". I know that with population growth things have to change but sometimes it's not for the good. And random and chance, which I believe to be dimensions in their own right, are never taken account when things are changed or dropped or replaced.

A couple in south Africa have a baby on the way and were about to be married and then found out they're brother and sister.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

I don't know when the world stopped blood tests before marriage but I do believe that, in Australia at least, it stopped before I was born and that was at the tail end of the 60's and I think it was to look for Inherent illnesses rather than relations. At a guess I'd say it stops when a population reaches a certain number.

Yet these stories aren't uncommon and life is stranger than the number crunchers allow for. I know that there's people who fear being in a DNA data base but there's actually sometimes good reasons why the system needs to keep tabs on the population and this is just one example. Now now don't freak out. I don't believe in micorchips for people but sometimes some things need to be avoided.

edit on 4-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Great post!
2nd
edit on 4-11-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Great post!
2nd
edit on 4-11-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I've been thinking more about it and looking in old books about society and I thinks some things need to be brought back just to calm things down. I think that anything about days gone by that might benefit us today should be talked about or debated and I wouldn't see it as off topic though I don't know about the MODS.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
blood tests were intended to determine if one or both of the marrying couple had a disease that may be passed on to their children.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
blood tests were intended to determine if one or both of the marrying couple had a disease that may be passed on to their children.

As I mentioned. But what I mean is that if it was still done what happened in South Africa and which has happened before in other countries could be avoided. It's not always about invasion of privacy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
To my knowledge it was never something enforced in the UK.

new topics

top topics

join