It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The EARTH about to FLIP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot
CLICK HERE!

First, it's not the Earth but her magnetic field.

And two :

" Whatever happens will not happen quickly. It will take thousands of years and there is no evidence that when it has happened in the past it has seriously affected life on Earth. "

We're safe.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
UP - I respect your very vast knowledgebase and your pert replies and posts!

However, The article also stated that the poles typically flip every 250,000 years and earth has not had it's field flip for 750,000 years! So, This may or may not be like a rubber band effect where it could (mho) happen sooner than later. Also, Edgar Cayce predicted that the poles would flip this century which would result in earthquakes, tsunami's, etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
lol, i posted something about this before!!

[url=http://xmb.abovetopsecret.com/viewthread.php?tid=5121]Here

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mastadon remains have been found flash frozen with the undigested remains of tropical plants still intact in their stomics.

This is what happens when the poles shift and the north/south poles move over a new land mass.

Flash freezing what ever happens to be there at the time.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah, the flash-freezing affect has other theories too. One is that the earth, at that time was all a warm temperate climate and a comet on a collision course broke up and the ice was attracted to the poles due to the ionization in the atmosphere and that it flash froze everything near them. There are also crustal shifts possible during a magnetic polar shift. I think Mr. Cayce dealt with that one too. Makes one wonder how a creature was frozen with food in its mouth and prairie grass at that. I deal with geotechnology and highway construction all the time, and I just don't buy half the stuff that modern science is telling us about this. Fossilization is another one. Stuff rots before it can fossilize, even tree roots in a roadfill, compacted to 95% of its max density. I think it takes tremendous instant force to fossilize anything. Like a dramatic shift of the cont. shelf.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
1) UP - I respect your very vast knowledgebase and your pert replies and posts!

2) Also, Edgar Cayce predicted that the poles would flip this century which would result in earthquakes, tsunami's, etc.

1) Thank you, but I have a strange feeling....

2) Yep. Also, he spoke about Atlantis. He sayed that we'll see an " Atlantis coming back ".

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
UP's correct on this one, actually. Scientists would not be surprised to see it happen very shortly.

But dangers? Disasters? I don't think so. We've seen lots of ice ages and evidences of a number of pole flips. What we have NOT seen is any evidence that shows the earth doing anything odd when the magnetic poles flip.

It would play hob with our navigation systems, though.

new topics

top topics

join