It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government 'ready for eurozone collapse'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
UK Telegraph

Financial Secretary to the Treasury Mark Hoban says the Government is preparing for a failure of the eurozone economies.

Treasury minister Mark Hoban raised eyebrows in the Commons today by referring to the euro "breaking up".

Asked to confirm that the Government had no plans to take Britain into the European single currency, Mr Hoban told MPs: "I don't think there is any intention for us to join the euro at the time when it is breaking up."

He also confirmed that the Treasury had contingency plans in place to deal with the potential collapse of the euro.

Asked by Tory backbencher Peter Bone what plans had been made "for when the euro collapses", Mr Hoban said: "You would expect that every good government would have plans in place for a whole range of eventualities, and this Government is well prepared for any eventuality."

Well at least England is prepared for the inevitable!
While it seems like traders and markets will respond in kind to any positive news or rumor, the English (sorry if I have this a mixed up UK, Britain, England - so confusing hehe) government are anticipating a Euro collapse and breakup. Gotta wonder what the fallout reach and destruction will be on the rest of the world economy and banking system if this region goes into a meltdown.

Look at this reader comment:

With the possibility of Civil war in Greece, followed possibly by Italy, will mean the Eu will break up.. the real problem is that it could also mean war between member states.

Government are now experiencing what some of us have been saying since the Euro's birth and its break up is an inevitable fact of life....

Yes we will be hit hard if we stat put... we need to not consider leaving the Eu ... we must demand to leave for the betterment of the country... not for the betterment of a dictator state... and if we need to go to war to do it... then so be it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I really don't think that they can be completly prepared for it.

The logistics and long term ramifications are still being debated.

I understand why they have to say this, because they don't want their people in a panic.
If they said anything slightly negative, it would cause the markets to drop, and they can't afford that.

They have alot of money tied up the in debt of foreign countries.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah, the "Goverments" are ready, bunkers stocked and supplyed for the collapse. The question is, are the people ready. 99% of them are not

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

the English (sorry if I have this a mixed up UK, Britain, England - so confusing hehe)

Let me clear up any confusion you have regarding England/Britain.

England is one of 4 countries that make up what is known as...

'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'

Also known as 'United Kingdom', 'UK' or 'Britain',

The other 3 being...

Wales
Scotland
Northern Ireland

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
UK Telegraph

Look at this reader comment:

With the possibility of Civil war in Greece, followed possibly by Italy, will mean the Eu will break up.. the real problem is that it could also mean war between member states.

Government are now experiencing what some of us have been saying since the Euro's birth and its break up is an inevitable fact of life....

Yes we will be hit hard if we stat put... we need to not consider leaving the Eu ... we must demand to leave for the betterment of the country... not for the betterment of a dictator state... and if we need to go to war to do it... then so be it.

I wonder if the reader who made that comment is a shill? It would seem to me that the Greeks didn't do anything to the Italians or vice versa. The common enemy are the international banksters, megalithic multinational corporations and of course, their zombie meat-puppet politicians. In any war whether physical or mental, you can't afford to lose sight of the "ball."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by welshreduk

You missed "British Islands" and "British Isles".
Also, British Commonwealth, British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies.

Also, "Briton"

I remember my first year in primary school thinking that each of these were completely seperate places. Obviously, we were then taught that they weren't. And that they were....
As an expat in voluntary exile I just use the term 'Green and pleasan land" as it is both easier and sums it all up nicely.
The exception would be Yorkshire, which the locals refer to as God's own country.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Sounds more like a "fraudian slip" to me,
just proves to me he knows the plan and that its all been engineered.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
slow progress of nwo

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Actually in America few people know or care that Scotland considers its self its own country, and you say wales and people say "whales? .. Where??" And the Irish are obviously Irish, that means everyone else are all simply .... English.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
bubble on old boiling pot.
There will be a lot of revoltionary talk in greece no doubt.
The govenment has broken trust with the people to gain
a small victory,a chance to vote on their future was given
away to the germans and french for a small chance to
play at brinkmanship. time to bring that govenment down.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Western Democracy: A Farce And A Sham

Consider that the entire Western world is outraged that the Greek prime minister announced that he is going to permit the Greek people to decide their own fate instead of having it decided for them by a handful of banksters, politicians, and bureaucrats living it up at taxpayer expense at “talks” in the French resort of Cannes on the Mediterranean.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Greece should go back to the drachma (sp?) and the EU should disband/tighten it's borders.

Anyone watching Italy, Spain or Portugal?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

You missed "British Islands" and "British Isles".
Also, British Commonwealth, British Overseas Territories and Crown Dependencies.

Also, "Briton"

I remember my first year in primary school thinking that each of these were completely seperate places. Obviously, we were then taught that they weren't. And that they were....
As an expat in voluntary exile I just use the term 'Green and pleasan land" as it is both easier and sums it all up nicely.
The exception would be Yorkshire, which the locals refer to as God's own country.

I can confirm that Yorkshire is, indeed, God's Own Country with York being around the Garden of Eden.

I have to say though that i have met heathens from other parts of our shores who make false claims that they are from God's Country! I mean, Cornwall? Really? Blaggards and iconoclasts says I

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Off Topic: Montana = Gods Country. York, he may visit while on holliday.

On Topic: Eurozone will collapse regardless. Whether it is slow or fast is up to the individual countries.

(Whales, LOL)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think the current eurozone may well collapse and therefore it is actually good that the government has a bit of foresight. I think the eurozone will be back though - eurozone 2: bigger, badder, stronger........

And Beezzer, Montana? How very dare you sir?
Why do you think we in the east of england sent so many religious nutters over to you on the first ships? They were spoiling the garden with their killjoy antics!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Viva la revolution.
National strikes. go slows. sit-ins
How do we get on to the greek protesters to show solidarity.
Pulling stunts with peoples right to vote is un-acceptible,
so to is telling a leader of a sovrign nation that he can't
give the people a chance to vote. F and U to the leaders
of germany and france. more power to the people,
the banks can go and get F-ed

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
People, People, you're forgetting Cornwall, Cornwall is it's own country too

Oh and i think everyone here and every banker, investor, speculator, knows the euro is a goner, it's just when....

new topics

top topics

join