It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help with two images

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
People I know its cool to start new threads here but I'm starting to lose track now, everyone has their own thread and talking there. Lets try to keep things nice and tidy. (post here, I mean!)

We just recieved a new site url from Ranger which seems to be giving out the info we already found. Nothing hidden in the source code of the page either.

Originally posted by Ranger426
www.freewebs.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't think Ranger is part of the game, he received a warning for that post you are referring to.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
ok we were supposed to figure out the 417/333 PIXEL coordinates to find the "33" hidden in the original photo (numbers not members at the coordinates 417/333) So then a reply from Harker mentions that the picture was probably taken around 5700 elevation near the 33 on the map I think we were lagging a bit in the 33 connection, so where do we go from here? I say we try to find the Haskins were they camping there?

www.nps.gov...

ooked up laguna meadow trail in google found this: probably nothing...

www.visitbigbend.com...

No. 14� Chisos Basin Loop Trail
Easy walking. 1.6 miles round trip.

This route starts at the Basin Trailhead and follows the Laguna Meadow trail for % miles before branching off to the left. It reaches a promontory overlooking the upper Chisos Basin, then heads back toward the Basin via the Boot Springs (Pinnacles) Trail. From the overlook, the major features of the Basin skyline are easily visable. The high peak to the south with the "thumb" to the right of it is Emory Peak, the Park's highest at 7,835 feet. Clockwise around the Basin from Emory Peak are Ward Mountain, Amon Carter Peak and the Window, Vernon Bailey Peak and Pulliam Ridge, Casa Grande, and Toll Mountain.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yeah his ats points became -320. I guess he really wasn't in this since the beginning.
I wonder how he found that site. I don't think its been registered to google.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mags
ok we were supposed to figure out the 417/333 PIXEL coordinates to find the "33" hidden in the original photo

alright what did I miss again?

I think someone zoomed to those pixel coordinates in the pic and all I saw was a letter which looks like a capital A, oh and a B if you tilt your head a bit.

Also according to the new website found by ranger, we still need to find 2 more images to complete the sequence.
[edit on 10-9-2004 by jedar]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think that we need to find the original ftp, where the images were deleted from. The resolution might be hidden there.

Also a discussion board conversation is mentioned. It should have logs. But where?

[edit on 10/9/04 by tontsum]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

quote from pantha: Yes! I got a reply from Ken Harker. I think we've got our location.

reply from ken harker

That photo was taken from the Laguna Meadows Trail, looking west, somewhere
between the Chisos Basin Campground and Laguna Meadows. On this map,
it would be somewhere between the Chisos Mountain Lodge (the Campground is
just on the other side of the parking lot from the Lodge) and Laguna
Meadows (on the left side of the map.) My memory isn't too certain, but
I think it was probably taken around 5700' elevation or thereabouts (near
the "33" on the map.)
near 33 on the map could be something to do with our coordinates too maybe

also there is an image here from a campsite at chisos basin, the one at the bottom of the page

www.nps.gov...

(edit) ooops I meant to add the link to the map that ken harker provided

www.nps.gov...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What the hell is this...

I have found one of the original series of five images! In the cache of an old laptop of mine that had been gathering dust for years. Thankyou Toshiba!

www.freewebs.com...

And DrJims original post (one of his introductory posts)

Hello everyone. Thank you for your warm welcomes. And thank you Simon for helping to get this started.

I will shortly post links to two image that we are researching. We began with a series of seven digital photos and now only have these two.

Why is one person saying there is 5 original images in the series and the other says 7?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ranger426 is part of the game there is no way he could find a site like this he cant even spell correctly!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Ranger can also post threads without [drjim] in front of the name.
The drjim folder is strange. Apparently the file list isn't a real directory content list, because the folder contains files that aren't in the list (all the puzzle pieces are still there). That folder could contain something that hasn't been found yet

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't think Ranger is part of the game, he received a warning for that post you are referring to.

Ranger426 is part of the game there is no way he could find a site like this he cant even spell correctly!

Still can't be sure. If he's really a faker then the site he found too, cannot be trusted. (2000 hits? wow) And the 3rd photo we got may not be real either since he is the source. (looks a lot like a poorly manipulated version of photo 1 if u ask me)

I assume he's in the game since the only thing that did not fit in the story is the number of photos, as mark mentioned.

Tontsum how do u check the real directory content list?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Doesn't it look strange that the owner of bigbend99 want's to get new information about the Haskins, but doesn't give any contact info?
The counter could reveal something
(counters.freewebs.com...). Is hammurabi the user's alias or a counter type?

Originally posted by jedar

Just the files are still there. Check if you want. The problem is that we can't see the real list.
An example www.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tontsum
Doesn't it look strange that the owner of bigbend99 want's to get new information about the Haskins, but doesn't give any contact info?
The counter could reveal something
(counters.freewebs.com...). Is hammurabi the user's alias or a counter type?

Originally posted by jedar

hammurabi was an element used in many different ways in the ring hunt, which just finished up a couple weeks ago. this website is definitely part of the game, which means ranger is too, warnings or no warnings...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by tjack]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I only see 1 file. Cant see the others. Oh I see!
Hmm thats quite interesting. U think they're hidden or something?
Maybe if we found a way to see them all.

Hmm didn't know that hammurabi thing. Since its in the source code of the site, We have some proof that ranger is a part of the game. (I think)

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Tontsum i dont understand some of your post.

Anyone can post new threads without the [DrJim] in front of the name i just posted new posts with [DrJim] to distinguish this game from The Rings game so dont worry about that

DrJims directory used to contain the full document but in about 50 different files which some of us downloaded as soon as we saw then but about 1 hour after we did that i presume DrJim deleted all but one.

I dont think there is anyway we can find any more files in that directory as its almost impossible as there are no more folders or anything.

I hope i answered some of your questions.

I dont understand why ranger426 got a warning for his latest post but since he started posting he has always got warnings for his posts even though they contain nothing that should have got him a warning.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You can't see the other files because the content list is fake. I explained it once already. The content list didn't get shorter because of deleting the files. All the jigsaw puzzle pieces are still there.
Look:

Seeing is believing.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I know what you mean about the warnings, I wondered about this too, in fact I clicked on the warning and used the link in the address bar to try inserting our coordinates to find a perticular post or post ID. It does work , but only leads to an old thread by SkepticO. about thread rankings and a thread that we can't read because were not permitted to view the forum. So i don't think our coordinates point to a perticular thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ahh apologies tontsum i was writing my post and you must have posted before i posted my last one.

Thats very strange i dont know how this is possible.

I have tried entering some of the filenames that we worked out that are missing but it doesnt work.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

DrJims directory used to contain the full document but in about 50 different files which some of us downloaded as soon as we saw then but about 1 hour after we did that i presume DrJim deleted all but one.

How come the link works then??? ***sooorry too slow***

An example www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont understand why ranger426 got a warning for his latest post but since he started posting he has always got warnings for his posts even though they contain nothing that should have got him a warning.

Maybe we're going too fast and we need being mislead?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think we're going too fast, I think we have come to a bit of a halt, and this is why Ranger has had to post the link to that site. It looks as though we really need to be concentrating on the Haskins and those coordinates right now.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join