It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contradiction Of The Freemasons - Please Someone Help Explain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Thanks for your rapid reply.

This rings awfully close to the intention of the original Constitution and the original idea of the American Government which attempted to prohibit one person from becoming a tyrant, by having a system of rules to prevent such a case. This is unfortunately long ago disintegrated, but regardless it makes a lot of sense to me.

I know no Mason in person. Other than individual considerations of those in Power, I have no disqualifications that I know of, so how would you recommend that I go about becoming a Mason, as I'm told by the HK administrator it is a process of several years to observe if I'm "approvable" to become part of them, though this is just initial talks and nothing concrete stated yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by warewhulf

You have now explained to me that the Blue or Craft consist of the first 3 degrees of Masons. How does the Grand Lodge of England, Ireland and Scotland fit into your above description?

There are four Major regular consititutions found on a Global scale (and some smaller ones limited to various countries):

English Freemasonry
Scottish Freemasonry
Irish Freemasonry
American Freemasonry

The rituals of each constitution vary slightly, some being presented more as a story, and others in a more dramatic format, although the content of each of these constitutions is the same, and visitation between these constitutions in allowed and encouraged.

Outside of America, English Freemasonry comprises the vast majority of the members scattered around the globe, followed by Scottish Freemasonry, and then the Grand lodges of the various countries.

In Hong Kong, I would premise that English Masonry is the biggest. If I were you, I would contact the District Grand Secretary (Link) and ask him of the various Lodges in Hong Kong, and then find one that is perhaps slightly more accommodating than the one you have already tried. Alternatively, be persistent with the one you have already contacted.

If you tell the District Grand Secretary of your intentions and ask for his help, you will find a way in.

edit on 9/11/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Great! Thanks a lot for all of your help. It is a rarity to simply get a straight answer to a question in such detail. Thank you!

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join