It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul...savior or silver tongued liar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Out of all the current presidential hopefuls Ron Paul is the only one i really put any trust in. He even has the plus of sticking to his guns most if not all of his political career. Over time though i think about it more and just start seeing him as another politician telling me what i want to hear. What are your thoughts? Think he can really make some change or just get the seat and abandon his views?

PS: Sadly if he does get into office that is a sign hes working for TPTB.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoWorldOrder12
Ron Paul...savior or silver tongued liar

In my opinion...

Liar.

I like what he says too. He is telling people what they want to hear right now. However, he is an Ayn Rander, which is the same Objectivism-School-of-Thought that vomited out the scum that got us into this mess in the first place.

Meet The New Boss, Same As The Old Boss.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He is not a low to middle class worker. How can you have someone run a country when they don't know what it's like to live and survive in it. This goes for all,not just Ron Paul. There is not one person running who will save us or help us before helping themselves.
edit on 2-11-2011 by I See You because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He has never been found a liar or ever flip flopped on a issue in the past THIRTY years.

I would say he is the only honest man in politics. Just look at his voting record, he is against big government and excessive laws.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
this post just seems to be a smear attempt. you imply the fact that ron paul is a liar yet have provided no proof of this. after serving for 30 years as a representative, surely he is on camera giving numerous speeches and has had to of been scrutinized many times just during elections alone. seems you should have no trouble finding proof of him lying or at least some hypocrisy.
i have yet to see any from ron paul as of yet tho. and believe proof is necessary before you go try to plant these ridiculous notions in others head.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NoWorldOrder12

I would say...well, not necessarily a liar, but that we are taking his words out of context.

He is a politician after all.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i am skeptical but if he was this "liar" type, then i think he would be promoted by main stream media a bit more rather then the opposite of what has happened

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
no one is perfect so if you think they are a savior they will turn out to be false but as a politician who cares about the size of government hes one of the few good guys.

if he wins it wont be because of the media it will be because of his supporters.
edit on 2-11-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

You obviously are extremely misinformed vis a vis Dr. Paul.

In my opinion --

Dr. Paul is an honest, trustworthy gentleman and true American patriot.

He is neither savior nor liar, but he is our best hope of turning the Titanic this country has become before we hit the iceberg.

If he is elected, it will witness to the fact that Americans have begun to wake up to the pervasive corruption infesting the current political/corporate scene and the resulting infringements to our inalienable rights which are supposed to be constitutionally protected.

Anyone who rejects Dr. Paul as a "loon' or other ad hominem attack either doesn't understand what is going on around them or has an agenda of their own which doesn't have a constitutionally based republic as part of their plan.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

At no point did i flat out say hes a liar. If you bothered to read my post you would know I'm a supporter. However he is a politician and there fore gives me base to question trusting him. This thread is for me learn what other people think of him and know about him. Don't go accusing me of a smear campaign.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoWorldOrder12

My first instinct when it comes to politicians is not to trust them, but if I had to choose a politician I trust the most, it would be Ron Paul. Naturally you have to be cautious when selecting the people you trust with your life, and you won't always have the choices you prefer most. No politician can satisfy an entire country. You have the following groups of people:

1.) People who want to take (be taken care of) and give very little back
2.) People who want to have personal freedoms to do anything they want as long as they aren't harming anyone else
3.) People who want to tell other people how to live and what to do
4.) People who are deeply religious
5.) People who follow no spiritual beliefs or are practically allergic to religion
6.) People who want a corrupt Government so they can keep buying off politicians and have them make laws to benefit them
7.) People who want the Government out of their lives entirely
8.) People who want to take wealth from one group and give it to another group

No man or woman on this planet can meet each individual's ideals with so many different groups living together. They can try to do their best, and I really think Ron Paul is trying his best to meet the needs of everyone up to a certain point. If you don't trust him, who do you put your trust into? Who else out there is running for President who would know how to better meet the needs of so many people with such an impeccable record? In the end maybe he'll disappoint us all, but at least we can say we've tried to select the (seemingly) best man for the job.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've been very interested in the potential Ron Paul has. I mean, I even registered to vote a few months ago just so that I could vote for him when and if the time comes.

Although, just like the OP said, it could all be an elaborate trick. Ron Paul seems honest and appears to be exactly what this country needs... but who knows what could happen once he gains power? Plus, there are a lot of people in power behind the scenes who, if Ron Paul doesn't play by their rule book, can destroy him.

*sigh* The amount of corruption in this world just sickens me.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, if he is a liar. He's consistent.
So we know what these alleged lies are. He been behaving the same way, forever and a day.

If he is telling a lie, he votes according to that lie.

So, at worst, he is the worlds most honest liar.

Therefore I shall vote for him again.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
He's "against" big government, but lines up for money from the same programs he claims are wasteful.

He's as full of it as the rest of them.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We have literally zero reasons to assume he's a liar. It's easy to say that he can't accurately represent us because he's an old rich white guy, but if you're holding out for a blue-collar worker to step in and run our country (and TPTB to allow it), it ain't gonna happen any time soon. For one thing it does take a lot of money to get your name and your message out there. By the way, I believe that this will change more and more with online campaigning, but for now, look at your options.

Ron Paul believes in liberty. That sounds like a cliche, but it's true. It's the best reasonable answer to our extreme bipartisanship that I can see (at least for now.)
Everyone claims to believe in freedom for Americans, but what they really mean is "freedom for my party, and the freedoms that our side chooses to exercise." To not play favorites means, "OK homosexual couples, even though there are some (close-minded) individuals in this society who morally oppose to this, it's your freedom. Right, deal with." "OK gun-owners, that is your right. Left, deal with it. "OK marijuana smokers, that's your freedom. Right, deal with it." "OK, you don't want to give a third of your paycheck away in taxes? That's your freedom. Left, deal with it." And in the end, it doesn't hurt the working class, it boosts them, because they have the freedom (from tough regulations and hoops) to try and try and try again with business ventures or whatever road they want to take to do things their own way, free of government meddling and government holding them down by helping out the big businesses and vice versa.

Plus, we need to knock off the unconstitutional wars (oops I mean nation building).

Yeah, Ron Paul's our best bet for a step in the right direction and the only person I trust to do what he says he will do. Or at least TRY.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If he's an elaborate trick, he's a REALLY elaborate trick considering he ha been saying exactly the same things for decades, his voting record is 100% consistent. He has been right about everthing he's said in the past, and everything he predicted to happen with the economy has been on the money. If we want to have any hope for saving the economy in the coming years we need to quit spending billions on meddling in and occupying every other country, and put the federal reserve into foreclosure permanently, see how they like it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We really won't know if he is lying or not until he wins the Presidency.

That's when the spin starts.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by I See You

He is not a low to middle class worker. How can you have someone run a country when they don't know what it's like to live and survive in it.

Would you want your local mechanic running your country?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If the guy had experience in county or state politics I would give him a shot. Of course if he is "elected" president he is a NWO puppet who does whatever TPTB tell him to do.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoWorldOrder12
reply to post by boncho

If the guy had experience in county or state politics I would give him a shot. Of course if he is "elected" president he is a NWO puppet who does whatever TPTB tell him to do.

You sound like a narrative for a Saturday morning cartoon. I assure you politics and business influence is more complicated that summing the dynamic up in the way you did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join