It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL Disputes Obama Administration Account of Bin Laden Raid (Must they lie about everything?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Former SEAL commander Chuck Pfarrer's new book, to be published November 8 by St. Martin Press, says that the Obama administration changed their stories several times, embellishing their depictions, before they settled upon the "official" version.

The Obama administration's account of the mission that killed Osama bin Laden "directly contradicts" the experiences of Navy SEALs involved, according to a new book by former SEAL commander Chuck Pfarrer.

In "SEAL Target Geronimo: The Inside Story of the Mission to Kill Osama bin Laden," Pfarrer details the mission through extensive interviews with the SEALs involved, the book advertises.

"In a hasty effort to claim victory and make political haste, administration aides changed their stories several times," reads a press release for the book. "Their leaks made SEAL Team Six look ineffective and clumsy."

SEALs detail bin Laden killing in new book

New Book Disputes Obama Administration's Account of Bin Laden Raid

SEAL Target Geronimo: The Inside Story of the Mission to Kill Osama bin Laden by Chuck Pfarrer (Hardcover - Nov 8, 2011)

We already know that Obama procrastinated and hesitated over the use of SEAL force in the Maersk rescue, until its captain's life was within a hair's breadth of assassination.
Obama dithered for nearly three days on pirates

Does this president and his staff have any decency?
Are they counting on the MSM to ignore their constant attempts to fabricate and embellsih his pitiful record?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Errr... I have a question here... How can this happen? I'll say that I'm interested...and it's a book I'll pick up. So I don't mean to suggest it shouldn't come out...but how?? These are operational details being discussed of a compartmentalized classified event that is so recent, they are still decrypting data and running missions based on intelligence that came out of it. Aren't there U.S. secrecy laws that govern the SEALs that participated in this mission for at least a LITTLE WHILE after it's completed? Surely the laws couldn't have been waved on this, of all operations?

I don't believe the official line..but how can this be beneficial? Lets have this book hit the shelves about 1 day AFTER the last U.S. Combat boot has left Afghani soil and the Middle Eastern chapter of U.S. History is finally closed. We all know it'll end in absolute terms, like Vietnam. Too much has happened for it to go otherwise at this point and while the U.S. is having split personality disorder about how to even proceed. I can't help but wonder... is this helpful while troops are still in contact in daily operations?

.....If what I suspect happened that night, did happen....it might really be an entire subject just kinda left to ponder and be mystified by until at least after tensions with Pakistan and the Whaziristan operations slow down or die out entirely. Just the meandering thoughts of a curious Rabbit... Hmmm

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They landed on the roof, not the ground!
Come on! I was looking for something like...
'They faked the whole thing. Never happened. How could it , with BinLaden dead years'.
You know. Stuff like that. i.e. the truth.

This is just more propaganda, which attempts to assure us that the raid was indeed real.
Don't Buy It. (the Book or the BS).

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Personally i think bin laden died in early 2002-2001 or so, dont forget bin laden had a long list of health issues he wouldnt live to 2011

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by jdub297

Personally i think bin laden died in early 2002-2001 or so, dont forget bin laden had a long list of health issues he wouldnt live to 2011

I am inclined too agree!

As for this guy being allowed to release this book with the secrecy laws, if it parrots the official story then it only aims to concrete the story further!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hmm,Yet another version of the raid.From a former SEAL no less.I look it this way: If the Administration comes out tomorrow to denounce the book then we know it hit a nerve if they have no comment then they are playing the "Ignore It and It Will Go Away." game. Although I myself don't believe that OBL was killed that night.After all these years of being able to slip away from the US special forces when Obama's approval ratings falling they finally catch up to him?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Hmm,Yet another version of the raid.From a former SEAL no less.I look it this way: If the Administration comes out tomorrow to denounce the book then we know it hit a nerve if they have no comment then they are playing the "Ignore It and It Will Go Away." game. Although I myself don't believe that OBL was killed that night.After all these years of being able to slip away from the US special forces when Obama's approval ratings falling they finally catch up to him?

Sooooooo either way you refuse to believe it?

Rice could show official documents and people would not believe the story.

I guess that's what makes it fun.
edit on 3-11-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
They landed on the roof, not the ground!
Come on! I was looking for something like...
'They faked the whole thing. Never happened. How could it , with BinLaden dead years'.
You know. Stuff like that. i.e. the truth.

This is just more propaganda, which attempts to assure us that the raid was indeed real.
Don't Buy It. (the Book or the BS).

Of course it's "propaganda," it's a "Press Release" in advance of publication!

Why not hold your guns a bit and see what's actually in it after the critics get rheir advance copies and dribbles of content actually come to light?

What I draw from it all is that the Obama administration is more interested in taking credit for the valor of our military, including the SEALS, while systematically trying to hamstring their capabilities.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by jdub297

The main problem with this myth is that subsequent communique's have been unqualifiedly attributed to him.
Do not rely on the US media or the government for your info.

Look at other sources as well. Consider foreign press and websites if you REALLY want to know what is going on, even in the US, because you will NEVER get the full story if all you consider is what you hear from the "official" sources and the MSM.

Try AFP, Reuters, or a non-USA media aggregator, such as Watching America. Don't be parochial.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If the book has the stamp of approval from the US military/ Gov't. It will have some true info,but will not go into anything classified. If the book states that some things are classified, I can guarantee you that they will NOT be accurate.
If it does not have the stamp of approval from the military/ gov't, it will not come out, unless it is pure fiction. Similar to a Tom Clancy novel.

Just sayin!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I find it good thing with someone wants to set the record straight or to point out that lies and contrivances have been applied to an official story, but sometimes such controversy is merely to sell books.

It could very well be like a staged wrestling match where arch enemies fight other is some sold out arena cage fight and then they go have a beer together after the fight.

Not always what we see from authors is honest or a true representation of the truth. If there is greed, money, timing, created controversy, then the media and certain circles can spin it, use it, parrot it like the repeaters always do and in doing all of this, everyone in the system makes money while reporting on something of interest to many.

If such an author or ex Navy Seal can verify that our government is lying to us to create the picture they want us to see, then at what point does doing the right thing have anything to do with making money in the process?

It does not require money to tell the truth for the sake of truth and so anyone in my book that is selling a book and has that battle of the words going on with anyone in government, appears to me to be the bought and paid for disinformation agent that is discussing things according to an agreed upon items script.

While many will not believe it anyway, there are those that will accept whatever is stated.

In such matters, I defer to those that dont have a monetary interest in telling their story.

If this Navy Seal had wanted to meet with Congress to discuss the lies and deceptions to put an end to it, I would have personally contributed to his legal defense team helping him to do so, but as long as he is selling a book, this all appears to be hype, contrived by those already in agreement to disagree. Because of this, I will question his motives and why if such revelations truly harm those in power, why then is such a person still alive?

The NWO has no hesitation is killing anyone that threatens them, so if this Seal is not dead, its because as I stated earlier, he is agreeing to disagree so that it is of mutual benefit to all concerned and since money is a motivating factor, I have no doubt that this controversy is good for book sales more so than what it does to reveal the truth that we already knew or at least suspected.

Thanks for the thread.

new topics

top topics

join