It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Rumbling Sound Again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Have you guys seen that movie Trollhunter? I liked it and with these sounds I will be creeped out all day just imagining these big giants coming up over the mountain sides etc.......Oh I do have fun with my imagination and hopes it doesn't get the better of me someday lol
edit on 2-11-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

I thought that might have been it too, but according to Eyes on the Solar System 2005 YU55 is about 4 million miles away from Earth and counting down. I think sound takes 5 seconds to travel a mile, so that would take roughly 9 days before you could hear any noise from it.
reply to post by duhdiggitydan

Dude are you serious?

Do you know space is a vacuum?

edit on 2-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

Did you not read all of what I said or something? I said it isn't 2005 YU55, I also said I didn't take into account the fact that it's in space in my calculations. Perhaps I was a little unclear in my post, but kudos to you for trolling on me when I said I'm not a scientist and providing nothing of value to this thread. I hope your e-peen grew as a result.

Star for you, since that's all you want, apparently.
edit on 2-11-2011 by duhdiggitydan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't know anything on the subject, but could this phenomenon have anything to do with tectonics? There was a 3.5 earthquake near Oklahoma City, but it happened the Oct 28th. Earthquake map
My second guess would be Air Force Base.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity

Originally posted by Realm52
I am yet to hear this strange noise but I'm certainly fascinated in it.

Strangest I've heard yet.

It depends if you've lived with teenagers. This is a pure comedy, or rather, parody of the REAL phenomenon. Did someone shove a cow in a sewer outlet or something? in comes the YT fakers galore, with the millions of dedicated YT gullible.

I cant find the video right now but another member posted a video of a guy in a tunnel with a flex tube (called a "bull" somthing) and when he spins it, it makes this EXACT noise. I call BS on this one, sorry sounds fake fake fake.

Certainly would not be surprised. Doesn't sound quite the same as a lot of the other recordings.

technologicalsingularity could you give us a link to the sounds you think are real?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhc0329

if you live in a dry area where it looks like a desert with plant life all around the mountains and hills.. then its probably a huge land slide happening and the sound may be carried for miles

if you live in the city... 0 comment

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by duhdiggitydan

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

I thought that might have been it too, but according to Eyes on the Solar System 2005 YU55 is about 4 million miles away from Earth and counting down. I think sound takes 5 seconds to travel a mile, so that would take roughly 9 days before you could hear any noise from it.
reply to post by duhdiggitydan

Dude are you serious?

Do you know space is a vacuum?

edit on 2-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

Did you not read all of what I said or something? I said it isn't 2005 YU55, I also said I didn't take into account the fact that it's in space in my calculations. Perhaps I was a little unclear in my post, but kudos to you for trolling on me when I said I'm not a scientist and providing nothing of value to this thread. I hope your e-peen grew as a result.

Star for you, since that's all you want, apparently.

Well excuse me, but you set yourself up for correction, obviously.

Yes, I read all you wrote, and you were not only a little unclear, but your whole theory was completely off, because there is no sound in space because it´s a vacuum, It has nothing to do with taking in account the effects of space or being a scientist.

You present an obviously flawed theory, and I am not allowed to point out the flaw?

I´m sorry for pointing out to you that space is a vacuum, just forget about it and remain living your life thinkng that space has an atmosphere with sounds travelling through it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52
I am yet to hear this strange noise but I'm certainly fascinated in it.

Strangest I've heard yet.
Jeez where was this recorded?sounds similar to the recording in Russia.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sounds like they are trying to jump start the Planet I am going to keep a check on the New Madrid area for now if anyone reads about new fissures opening let it be known.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

sounds freaky

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The thing about this, is it could easily be a jet engine of a plane.
Those first two vids on page one: one is pitch black and the other has cloud cover.
I hear jet noises all the time here in England, they are loud and rumbly and last for a few minutes.
Even when i've actually pinpointed the plane making the noise, it does sound like it's coming from a different direction, but thats something to do with the echo/soundwaves travelling so far.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Hmmm...intriguing. How far are you from any train hub? My experience with trains has always been very close quarters (a few hundred feet at most), and the noise in the vid is very similar.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhc0329

I live in Oklahoma City and have been hearing rumbling sounds and they are deep almost like a bass/thundering noise and when it happens I can almost feel it, my house doesn't shake or move. I also live by an airport and a highway but have lived here for about 3 years I have never heard or felt this before, this has been happening since the last big earthquake or thats when I started noticing it. But this has been an ongoing thing and happens often and more so at night time. It comes and goes every so many minutes and then stops for about 10 miniutes and starts back up again. I have no idea what it is, but I have spoke to a few people here in Oklahoma that have also been hearing these sounds, one who lives not to far away another friend who lives about 30 minutes away. I dont know whats going on but it really bothers me as well. I am new to this sight and was trying to see if anyone else besides me and a couple of my friends have any idea whats going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Been hearing them again in South Jersey also. Wednesday night was the absolute worse & loudest that I have heard in quite some time. It seemed to go on & on for almost an hour. Hope it's not a precursor to anything coming.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join