It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the Internet

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by gncnew

... why in the world is this being posted now of all things?

The Youtube uploader didn't give that particular detail.

A better question might be: [color=FFCB3D]Why is it still in the 'Other Current Events' Forum on here? It is obviously very misleading, especially given the fact that the date of 2004, was conveniently left out of the OP.

edit on 11/2/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

I would be curious to see the family dynamic now.
Who is the uploader? its obvious, isn't it...where was the camera? it was in the daughters bedroom recording what is obviously a ritual...

The daughter did it now, to embarass and destroy her father and perhaps a upcoming campaign he has

That is what happens when you beat a near adult...they remember, and they get even...who is the uploader? some formerly abused judges daughter would be my guess..

Better try to shut the internet down dad..your reaping what you sow. This chick is probably a net junky now

link   
Its going international news. UK: www.dailymail.co.uk... l

This case is appalling. I know why she held off uploading it. Not very many children wish to harm their families even when they're abused, many just become crippled and low self esteem, others try to help them, co-dependent. Its very hard to do something that will tear your family up even worse. But the public need to know who they're electing.

I don't believe in pyramid systems, banking systems, or copyright/patents to begin with. They in themselves are crimes against humanity and entrench rulers or ptb, or elite over your head.

This doesnt have to do with her behavior or parenting but his. And there is no age that I would ever roll over and let someone physically assault me, butt side or otherwise, they'd have to knock me out cold even at 5, or overpower me physically. You don't let people abuse you or another.
edit on 2-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
It's OK to hit other people, Right?

Let's run with this logic now.

So it will be OK for the judge or any of us to beat someone that steals, lies or does something illegal?

I think I am heading over to Wall Street now.

You know what, maybe I'll head over to a few politician's houses and take the strap to them.

Wow! we feel much better now problems are all solved.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Parents are responsible for the actions of their kids - but adults are not responsible for the actions of other adults.... this is why we have parental rights.

It's not ok for you to make anyone go to their room... so I guess we shouldn't let parents make kids go their room?

You can't walk into your friends house and take their TV away because they were mean to you... so you shouldn't be able to do it to kids either right?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

And you don't think an elected official would stand to lose their job if they were sued for illegally downloading music? Hmmm, maybe you should go into politics?

Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

If police would have witnessed this act and they would have followed the "Domestic Violence Protocol" for arrest, then this judge would have a Felony at worst, high misdemeanor best case.

Either way he would have lost his job.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
reply to post by gncnew

Must be just different upbringing then as i'm also a parent and that's why this video upset me so much. I could never, ever hit my child like this, NEVER, no matter what they did.

He should have just banned her from the internet if he felt so strongly about copyright laws. Hitting her like this should put him in jail. Sorry, but I think this type of physical abuse deserves a jail sentence.

I agree with everything you said except the jail sentence.

I WOULD NEVER do this to my kids... and IF I did.. my wife would start beating me with the belt.

But that doesn't mean I think he goes to jail for it...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

And you don't think an elected official would stand to lose their job if they were sued for illegally downloading music? Hmmm, maybe you should go into politics?

If police would have witnessed this act and they would have followed the "Domestic Violence Protocol" for arrest, then this judge would have a Felony at worst, high misdemeanor best case.

I have posted the law already, it's not illegal in Texas. He broke no laws technically.

According to Chapter 261 of the Family Code (recodified in 1995), child abuse is an act or omission that endangers or impairs a child’s physical, mental or emotional health and development. Child abuse may take the form of physical or emotional injury, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, physical neglect, medical neglect, or inadequate supervision. The law specifically excludes “reasonable” discipline by the child’s parent, guardian, or conservator; corporal punishment is not in itself abusive under the law. An act or omission is abusive only if “observable and material impairment” occurs as a result, or if it causes “substantial harm,” or exposes the child to risk of substantial harm.

official source

link   
I can't even believe the type of people on this post, defending this obvious case of child abuse. And then they rationalize by pulling the freedom card..what!? What happens to the abused rights? O that's right it doesn't matter because they did something wrong! Freedom as a whole has core principles, two which I'm sure intels respect and dignity for human life. I don't care how you package it, it's wrong and demeaning to our species. S&F OP

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It doesn't matter really.

Its not your business what people do to their kids. None.
They created them, it's their call.

I agree the punishment is a bit over the top, and I personally do not use weapons when punishing my children. I do not hit the face or vulnerable organs either.

But I have kids of my own and I totally understand whats going on here.

Over the top? Yes for sure.

Our business? Nope not at all.

Why don't we go after this judge for corruption issues like how they imprison innocents just to keep the $$$ flowing or other actual crimes like that?

This is being torn out of context and it's just another way the Nazi Parent - Police can justify their agenda to strip parents of any rights and allow the government to control all of our parenting decisions.

you have got to be flipping kidding me-

link   

Dude, you're hilarious... no really..

So the French didn't just bomb the crap out of Libya? And I'm guessing that WWII is all just "distant past"... none of those people are still alive right?

And those roving packs of white kids slurring in poor English or riots in the streets of the UK are all poor immigrants...

Nice...

I like how you are so eager to pull the speck from our eye while ignoring the wood plank your own eye.

You're spewing the very definition of ignorance.

No the French didn't bomb anybody. WWII is in the distant past, yes. A lot has changed since the 1940's, and WWII was not a war of aggression or war hunger either, it was the defence of Europe from a brutal dictator.

Everything I said strands true. Americans are an aggressive and violent people, you can't point to as many history books or wars nobody asked for all you want, it doesn't mean anything.

We're talking about people and their actions, not a couple of working class slaves being forced into wars on behalf of some monarch.

Look at the facts, Americans love war more than anyone in Europe. Americans run around shooting up schools. Americans mutilate their childrens genitals, Americans have ridiculous violent crime rates, Americans shoot each other, you watch violent brain dead tv and play violent brain dead video games.

You are a brutish and violent nation of people. You are a prime example. You'll never accept what I'm saying is true because you probably think of it as normal or respectable. I bet you love smacking your kids and American foreign policy huh, probably got a gun in your house to shoot intruders too

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
the trolls came out fighting in this thread.

For some reason this seems to be going the route of "well she wasn't hit as hard as I used to get hit, so it's not abuse." This feels more like active denial and a blame-the-victim mentality, coming from anyone who themselves have been abused, and are still not ready to face that fact and deal with the subsequent introspection.

While getting beat with a belt may not be a clear legal issue, the fact that this guy is a "family law judge" puts it into a very particularly sensitive context.
edit on 2-11-2011 by scientist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Gseven

Who the hell uses kazaa anymore? man...talk about some ancient piracy practices.

Anyhow, a creative solution for the father could have been forcing the daughter to get a job, and confiscate most of her pay until she has accumulated the money to purchase every cd from whatever she downloaded...say 5 bucks a song...

What the daughter needs to realize is she can simply pop on youtube or a hundred other sources and listen to entire albums for free..and if she must have the song, just install freecoder that records the audio from your soundcard and voila...no p2p nonsense required.
Its not even piracy (in the same way tape recording a television show isn't piracy either...your just recording the sounds your computer is making for your own enjoyment)

This could have actually been a calm teaching moment...instead, the dimwit parents decided to beat things that confuse or upset them.

I can't say I disagree. I think we ALL have an idea of how he could have handled it better. BUT....we don't always act as if the world is watching when we make our own mistakes, so that's really all I'm saying. The kid was way out of line, and the parents went over the top. It's not "abuse" by the older generation's standards here (and probably even by the law), because most of us endured this and worse when we were growing up. That was the norm back then. It's not a southern thing, it's not a white thing, it's not an American thing. It's a generational thing. Folks are attacking Americans, and they forget that this entire country is made out of immigrants...mostly from Europe. So, to pretend it doesn't happen elsewhere just shows that people are really good at hiding what they don't want the world to see.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
reply to post by gncnew

You're supporting child abuse. Knee jerk or not. End of story.

You're supporting ignorance and judgmental people... End of story.

What? You have stated you support this sick father beating her furiously over 20 times, with no regard for her physical well being because she was on Kazaa and it threatened his job.

What is ignorant or judgemental about my analysis of what you are saying.....

you can't take away my right to discipline my child with physical punishment because this dude completely flies off the handle....

Again, it should be stated (as you've noted) that she was being punished for downloaded illegal songs with the P2P application "Kazaa" at the time when the practice was being penalized with sever fines and legal awards.

A sitting judge "may" have been terrified that if he didn't shut it down NOW that he would lose his job, his family would lose their home, and the actions of his 16 year old would jeopardize the livelihood of the entire family unit...

Being judgemental would be saying you're happy to hurt kids, which by the sounds of it, isn't far off...

Don't bother trying to tell me anything I do not support child abuse like this, and if you hit you're children in any way then you shouldn't be a father....

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Parents are responsible for the actions of their kids - but adults are not responsible for the actions of other adults.... this is why we have parental rights.

It's not ok for you to make anyone go to their room... so I guess we shouldn't let parents make kids go their room?

You can't walk into your friends house and take their TV away because they were mean to you... so you shouldn't be able to do it to kids either right?

Parental rights only go so far, I know this because I was in law enforcement for years.

And your right I was making a ridiculous statement, to prove a point. It's not OK on any account.

If a parent hits a child like this and police officers arrive on scene, witness this or even see marks on the children parents are going to jail, end of story.

Police when responding to "Domestic Violence" will and can suffer the repercussions of not following the law, through losing their jobs, civil suits, criminal suits, and at best job reprimands.

Domestic Violence is serious business these days, doesn't matter who is doing the beating.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I have posted the law already, it's not illegal in Texas. He broke no laws technically.

According to Chapter 261 of the Family Code (recodified in 1995), child abuse is an act or omission that endangers or impairs a child’s physical, mental or emotional health and development. Child abuse may take the form of physical or emotional injury, sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, physical neglect, medical neglect, or inadequate supervision. The law specifically excludes “reasonable” discipline by the child’s parent, guardian, or conservator; corporal punishment is not in itself abusive under the law. An act or omission is abusive only if “observable and material impairment” occurs as a result, or if it causes “substantial harm,” or exposes the child to risk of substantial harm.

official source

He'll be charged for Assault and Battery

link   

It doesn't matter really.

Its not your business what people do to their kids. None.
They created them, it's their call.

I agree the punishment is a bit over the top, and I personally do not use weapons when punishing my children. I do not hit the face or vulnerable organs either.

But I have kids of my own and I totally understand whats going on here.

Over the top? Yes for sure.

Our business? Nope not at all.

Why don't we go after this judge for corruption issues like how they imprison innocents just to keep the $$$ flowing or other actual crimes like that?

This is being torn out of context and it's just another way the Nazi Parent - Police can justify their agenda to strip parents of any rights and allow the government to control all of our parenting decisions.

So, if the father decided the best punishment would be raping her...is that our business? I mean, after all, don't want to interfere with his parental role.

or is violence against kids fine, but sexual violence a no go?
This is beyond a tap on the bum to a 12 year old that snuck out...this is a man using a weapon and trying to cause blistering and real physical harm to induce absolute fear...

So again...is it anyones business if a parent decides to rape a kid verses beat them as part of upbringing?
Bit extreme? maybe...but so is this, and you seem to be defending the extreme as not your business.

Once more I will point out...who uploaded the video and why? you reckon that beating caused more good than harm? I think the daughter is making the final judgement that all parents should acknowledge...you will get what you give...but since she cannot take a belt to him and make him bleed, she will beat him in a different way...aka, a viral video

link   
I think there needs to be some sort of way for those that disagree with what these parents did....to stand up and speak out, to support this girl now-good lord she is going to need it-

I wish there was a way I could help be a voice for this girl-and bring this forward for other children as well-

Make me a sign in support for the girl and show me where I need to stand-

I now fear for her being in that home-

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Well she's not actually living there anymore, but I agree she needs support. Imagine what else this pig of a man did to her during her life there.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

So, if the father decided the best punishment would be raping her...is that our business? I mean, after all, don't want to interfere with his parental role.

Get real dude.

Rape is illegal and a heinous crime against humanity.

We are discussing a whipping with a belt here.
Which is 100% legal in Texas btw.
edit on 2-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Dude, you're hilarious... no really..

So the French didn't just bomb the crap out of Libya? And I'm guessing that WWII is all just "distant past"... none of those people are still alive right?

And those roving packs of white kids slurring in poor English or riots in the streets of the UK are all poor immigrants...

Nice...

I like how you are so eager to pull the speck from our eye while ignoring the wood plank your own eye.

You're spewing the very definition of ignorance.

No the French didn't bomb anybody. WWII is in the distant past, yes. A lot has changed since the 1940's, and WWII was not a war of aggression or war hunger either, it was the defence of Europe from a brutal dictator.

Everything I said strands true. Americans are an aggressive and violent people, you can't point to as many history books or wars nobody asked for all you want, it doesn't mean anything.

We're talking about people and their actions, not a couple of working class slaves being forced into wars on behalf of some monarch.

Look at the facts, Americans love war more than anyone in Europe. Americans run around shooting up schools. Americans mutilate their childrens genitals, Americans have ridiculous violent crime rates, Americans shoot each other, you watch violent brain dead tv and play violent brain dead video games.

You are a brutish and violent nation of people. You are a prime example. You'll never accept what I'm saying is true because you probably think of it as normal or respectable. I bet you love smacking your kids and American foreign policy huh, probably got a gun in your house to shoot intruders too

Some day, sadly, reality will come and bite you squarely in the butt....

You know nothing of this country than what you've seen on the TV and movie screens - or read in tabloid news.

If I use your logic I guess I'm to assume that you have bad teeth and a penchant for drinking warm bad beer? Or that you've got terrible personal hygiene habits and probably stink to high heaven?

I never strike my kids in the face. I've spanked my kids probably a total of 5 times in 10 years. I don't own a gun, and I don't enjoy going to war.

And the really spooky thing is - I'm NOT in the minority.

Ohhh, and what was all that "London on Fire" stuff a couple weeks ago? Or how about the brutal violence surrounding football matches?

You don't need a gun to be violent... the UK has proven that fact time and again.

link   

Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, but they are not the authority who decides how they can or can't discipline their children. Children aren't property. Parents don't own their children. What's acceptable and non-acceptable treatment of a child is defined and authorised by society as a whole, not the parents.

If you logically follow the backward-ass arguments espoused by a staggeringly large number of posters on this thread, then it's perfectly ''acceptable'' for a parent to rape their child, if they decided that was the best ''correctional'' method. After all, it's not the gubmint's job to tell you how to raise your child, is it ?

edit on 2-11-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join