It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture in Guantanamo !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The form of torture used in the US is over-taxation to fund entitlement programs and pay Ted Kennedy's bar tab.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
One link from Amnesty International about tortures on Guantanamo.

web.amnesty.org...?Open&of=COUNTRIES%5CUSA

This one of TheGuardian is even worst: you are sending terrorist to interrogate them on Egypt or Jordania, where torture while interrogatins is permitted:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
These men that are supposedly tortured are done because they are terrosits. Iraq just picks people out fo the street and kills them. Ssimple as taht.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No matter if they deserve it or not.

You are torturing them. You have fallen to the same degree of inhumanity as them, or even worst.

You are inhuman with them.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
They deserve it. This is what they get for planning/ carrying out terroism.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
They deserve it. This is what they get for planning/ carrying out terroism.
You know you sound like a Nazi. No one deserves being tortured. No one.

...that besides going against the Human Rights, you are so easily forgetting.

[Edited on 2003-4-9 by MakodFilu]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Me a Nazi?
! Listen these guys are heartless bastards and deserve it for what they have done.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
If you want to gain some data and infos from a prisonner, physical torture is not very usefull.

Drugs or intimidation is far much better than physical torture. OTH, deprivation of sleeping is a usefull method. There is just one " problem ". It's not very quick and you have to wait.

This is very true. If you think that the US needs to use physical torture to get what it needs out of a person, I think your stuck in the past.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Excuse me what exactly is the accepted methodology for interrogating criminal suspects, which is accepted throughout the world as the most humane methodology?

You know the one all the law enforcement departments on the planet are supposed to apply??

Does the methodology which is the subject of this thread sound familiar???

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
But the fact that the US governement keeps his children of 7 and 11 years to make pressure on him...
This method can be compare with Saddam methods...

And we really dont know if Saddam torture as many peoples as US officials says.

I remember that while desert storm was on, US governement paid IRAQIS to testomony of tortures and pressures made by saddam... But they where no proof of what tey told was true !

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What are the sources for claiming we are holding his kids? Bah! Even if we were, they would be well taken care of, not languishing in prison or anything...to compare this with Saddam is insane...but if it makes you feel better, by all means....

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For those who say the prisoners in camp X-ray deserve to be tortured, what do you say to those who have been released after more than a year, with no evidence of them being involved in terrorism in any way? Did they deserve it too?

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They were combatants kegs in the war, they were released because it became apparent they had no information. This regarding future acts of terrorism against this country. Just like every day throughout the world suspects are interrogated by law enforcement officers. And released as it is determined they have no information. In the case of these prisoners despite the fact they were unlawful combatants, they were sent home.

Nans the interrogation method we are discussing does work very well there is no need to hold children captive to illicit a response.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
And we really dont know if Saddam torture as many peoples as US officials says.

I remember that while desert storm was on, US governement paid IRAQIS to testomony of tortures and pressures made by saddam... But they where no proof of what tey told was true !

The US hasn't revealed a figure of Iraqi torture victims. The number is so high according to Amnesty International that calculations are not possible.
Torture is one of the instruments that kept Saddam in power. The fear that fueled his regime was of being taken to a police station and tortured.
Even the Olympic Stadium had a torture chamber built in it's grounds. Uday Hussien would often take Iraq's national soccer players to these chambers if they played badly in the game.
Every Iraqi exile has a tale of torture. Most have experienced it for themselves. Their scars bear all of the proof that you need.

To suggest that torture does not exist in Iraq is a blindness to cold, hard logic and factual evidence.
The whole regime was kept in place by the use of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So your whole excuse to torture is:

'Hey, they did first!'

...that's really silly.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
MakodFilu the methodology used to interrogate suspects of crimes in your country, what exactly is it?

I happen to be Taino Indian MakodFilu so as it has been a while since your kind interrogated my kind. Are you suggesting it has not changed?

The methods applied by the US at Camp X-ray are the same methods used worldwide by police to interrogate suspects.

The methods used by the Iraqi regime under Saddam Hussein. Are basically very similar to the techniques applied by the Spanish against the Taino Indians.

During there occupation of south and central America as well as the Caribbean prior to the Spanish/American war.

So again MakodFilu are you saying things have not changed in Spain?

Fact of the matter is the matters of torture and mass murder in Iraq has been reported as an ongoing problem. Which is related in general to the regeim of Saddam Hussein.

Keep in mind that is just in relation to the one country. As it is obvoius with respect to the Easter Hemishphere there have been many others.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First of all, I havent seen *proof* that there is any torture occurring in Guantanamo. What I do see is a program of controlling prisoners movements in a manner to maximize safety for both prisoners and personnel.

Second, due to advances in chemical and electronic interogation techniques, physical torture is obsolete. In addition, it is rather unreliable, as a prisoner may be willing to say anything, including false info, to get the torture to stop, and there is always the possibility of killing the prisoner before he does tell the truth.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MakodFilu
So your whole excuse to torture is:

'Hey, they did first!'

...that's really silly.

So Toltec, you are saying: 'Hey, Spain did first!'

It's silly as well. And yeah, things had changed, you can bet on it. Policemen found guilty of torture are being jugded here.

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
First of all, I havent seen *proof* that there is any torture occurring in Guantanamo. What I do see is a program of controlling prisoners movements in a manner to maximize safety for both prisoners and personnel.

Second, due to advances in chemical and electronic interogation techniques, physical torture is obsolete. In addition, it is rather unreliable, as a prisoner may be willing to say anything, including false info, to get the torture to stop, and there is always the possibility of killing the prisoner before he does tell the truth.

Said beautifully...........

I would like to also add that they are terrorists willing to blow up building killing hundreds, maybe even thousands, and God knowing millions if they had the right tools at the expense of their own lives....You can't treat these people in the same fashion as a normal human being if they are hell bent on killing you....that's like inviting a crazed motherfvcker in your home for dinner and thinking everything will be okay....

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So are the ones here.

Did not say Spain started that kind of behavior but it is time to end it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join