It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA: Nationwide EAS Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

FEMA: Nationwide EAS Test

www.fema.gov

The alert and warning landscape is in an important state of transition; from the current system of radio, television, cable, satellite, and wireline broadcast media-based alerting to a future system that integrates new technologies for a more universal access to alert and warning messages. Future testing of the EAS will assess the effectiveness and reliability of other technologies to achieve the ultimate goal of timely alert and warning to American public in the preservation of life and property.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Of course this test on 11/9/11 is well known by now, but read the question "Has there ever been an activation of the national-level EAS?

Although the EAS is frequently used by State and local governments to send weather alerts and other emergencies, there has never been a national activation of the system. "

This system has NEVER been tested nationally!! In over 15 years! What are they gearing up for? 11/11/11? WWIII? Isreal/Palestine conflict? Economy meltdown?

Also worth noting, I'm signed up for emails from ALERT DC and here is the latest email from them:

"A Nationwide Emergency Alert System (EAS) Test Will Take Place on November 9, 2011. On November 9, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) test. To learn more about the EAS Test visit the FEMA IPAWS website www.fema.gov/emergency/ipaws/eas_info.shtm .

Sent by DC HSEMA to e-mail, cell phones....powered by Cooper Notification RSAN
---
- You received this alert because you registered for AlertDC.

- Go to textalert.ema.dc.gov... to change subscriptions.

- Go to textalert.ema.dc.gov... to reset password.

- Reply STOP to unsubscribe from all alerts & service messages.

- Tell a friend about Alert DC! Text "DC" to 411911, or sign-up at textalert.ema.dc.gov..."

www.fema.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I read somewhere about that system being somewhat of a new thing. They didn't even have it during 9/11 so I wouldn't say it's been out for 15 years.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Does anyone other than me think that this is exactly what they say it is? A TEST!! To make sure that if an actual emergency were to occur then they are prepared.

Sometimes people can read into things too much.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Yeah quite a lot of people think that.

But they're mostly too sensible to bother reading ATS!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
I read somewhere about that system being somewhat of a new thing. They didn't even have it during 9/11 so I wouldn't say it's been out for 15 years.

No they had this during 9/11 it just wasnt activated....the current system has been around since 97.

if this were an actual test...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
And to the other comments I think most people have to know this is a test....I think the tinfoil hat brigade is the first to complain about this stuff and how its soo sinister but if there wasnt a system they would be the first to be screaming "look here is proof your govt wants you dead they didnt even have a warning system because they where letting it happen". It's a creepy thought that the govt has this control but I find it hard to believe there is anything behind this rather than a test.... when your looking for conspiracies you find them everywhere

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well 2:00pm est came and went. it scrolled down at the bottom of the screen that it was going to happen....still waiting at least It didn't cut into NCIS lol test FAIL
edit on 9-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Well as pretty much every intelligent person knew this wasnt gunna amount to anything. One particular talk show host today was confronted about his paranoia over this and he responded that he knew the whole time nothing would happen because engineers at the stations had foiled the test because they are against the NWO.....so good news there are people behind the scenes fighting things that dont matter haha

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
Well 2:00pm est came and went. it scrolled down at the bottom of the screen that it was going to happen....still waiting at least It didn't cut into NCIS lol test FAIL
edit on 9-11-2011 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

The designed intent was accomplished, then.

Now all affiliated FedGov agencies have amassed enough documentation about these discrepancies to submit to congress not only next fiscal year to have the same level of funding, but a massive increase. Maybe a masssive increase every year until all current FedGov employee family members have secured jobs.

I've been in the FedGov for over 40 years and this is how it's done to KEEP YOUR JOB and expand your kingdom.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Well I could tell you what I think of the government, but that's for another thread and I'd be here all day typing!

top topics

join