It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official refuses Tennessee governor’s orders to break up ‘Occupy Nashville’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just one week after New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) saw his order to push an “Occupy” protest out of a public park at night rebuked by a local official, Tennessee’s governor is experiencing a similar problem. Gov. Bill Haslam (R) has twice given the order to crackdown on protesters at “Occupy Nashville,” only to see it denied by judicial commissioner Tom Nelson. In Tennessee, a judicial commissioner has the authority to determine whether crimes have been committed.

I'm pretty impressed with this guy. The article explains that his position is a sort of 'safety valve' preventing overzealous police from arresting people. He also apparently ordered 29 protesters that were being detained to be released because they had not been warned of a rule change. Love the protesters or hate them, I think most of us will agree that they have a right to protest. It's nice to see an official recognize that right and stand up to the Governor. Hope we here more stories like this in the future.

Link

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

From the Governors stand point………..This is the same state that has TSA on the highways……..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I actually like my State. They will uncover a story in a blink of a minute and it puts our congress to shame if they do not walk the line. They just uncovered our County Clerk manipulating the system and making a lot of profit on our tax dollars. www.newschannel5.com...

Love me some Tennessee!! It "aint" perfect but it is better than a few.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Good point. Not too impressed with the Governor but certainly am with this gentleman. Sounds like the kindof guy we need more of in politics.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
An honest man in politics! I wonder how long it will take the media to pin some ludicrous controversy on him.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: NEVER MIND

top topics

join