It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Further Demands To Be Considered…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Further Demands To Be Considered…

occupydallas.org

I. We, The 99%, In Order To Forge A More Perfect Union, Hereby Decree The Following Solutions Be Enacted Via Constitutional Convention, Effective Immediately:
1. BREAK UP THE BANKING MONOPOLY:

CONGRESS PASS HR 1489, RETURN TO PRUDENT BANKING ACT. This Reinstates Many Of The Provisions Of The Glass-Steagall Act, Separating Investment Banks from Commercial Banks, etc.

Congress Immediately Create A Task Force Consisting of Federal Agents Charged With INVESTIGATING AND PROSECUTING THOSE BANKERS responsible for the 2008 financial crisis. (Reference documentary film “Inside Job”)

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So basically this is a legal document specifically stating what is trying to be accomplished by the Occupy movement. I'm pretty sure this came out of Dallas and so isn't the "official" wants and desires of the movement itself, but i would at least say it is in the ballpark of what needs to be accomplished by this.

this is a very in depth request. it goes from the destroying of the federal reserve and FIAT money, to interest rates for domestic vs. imported goods, to the abolishment of prohibition of hemp in the commercial industry.

a very good read. some things i agree with and some i don't just thought you'd like to read

occupydallas.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

***CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION Allowing Corporations to Make Campaign Contributions.***

I really like how they think Congress can enact legislation reversing a decision made on Constitutional grounds.

Create a NEW central bank (Credit Union) run by ELECTED representatives from the United States. Only Natural Citizens (Not Corporate Persons) Shall Have The Right To Have An Account At The Central Bank.

I don't think they understand what central banks do. A central bank provides services to other banks, not to natural persons. Or is it their position that everyone in America does all their banking at The Central Bank? (I also really wish they'd lay off the shift key.)

Enact Legislation Requiring The Treasury To Hold Reserves Of Strong Complementary Currencies (Berkshares, Ithaca Hours, Chiemgauers, Bitcoins etc.) in Addition to The Usual Reserve Currencies And Gold. End Fractional Reserve Banking.

LMAO. Ithaca Hours and Bitcoins?

ENACT LEGISLATION DECLARING ANY CIVIL RIGHTS ABUSE OR INFRINGEMENT OF CIVIL LIBERTIES PERPETRATED ON AMERICAN STATE CITIZENS BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO BE AN ACT OF TREASON.

You need a Constitutional amendment to redefine treason.

Streamline and Consolidate the Process Of Attaining Citizenship, Requiring ALL New Citizens To Attend A Publicly-Funded Year-Long University-Run Citizen’s College. All Minors (Children) In The Country Illegally (Who Are NOT Violent Offenders) Shall Be Automatically Enrolled Into The Citizenship Program. Those Who Do Not Meet The Criteria For Citizenship Or Fail To Complete Citizen’s College Shall Be Deported.

So now we have to pay for a year of civics education for everyone who wants to be a citizen and all the illegal kids. Great. And of course these are run by universities, which means even more tax dollars flowing into the academy. Isn't that kind of overkill for a high school level course like US civics?

REVISE the “Posse Comitatus” Act of 1879 TO PROHIBIT the federal government FROM using the military, INCLUDING MILITARY CONTRACTORS, for law enforcement on American Soil, INCLUDING American Non-Naval Airspace, UNLESS EXPRESSLY CONFRONTED WITH AN ATTEMPTED MILITARY INVASION BY A FOREIGN POWER.

How is the government supposed to "protect each [state] ... against domestic Violence" without the military? These are Constitutional responsibilities and powers, you can't override them with a statute. Maybe these guys want to create a new paramilitary force for domestic employment? Or maybe they just think the Little Rock Nine shouldn't have been allowed to go to school?

ENACT LEGISLATION PROTECTING THE INTERNET AS A PUBLICTRUST WITH A LAW PROHIBITING POLLUTION AND A LAW PROHIBITING CENSORSHIP.

I don't see how these ends could be contradictory at all.

CONGRESS IMMEDIATELY CREATE A TASK FORCE OF FEDERAL AGENTS AND U.S. MARSHALLS CHARGED WITH INVESTIGATING AND PROSECUTING THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTROLLED DEMOLITION OF BUILDING NUMBER SEVEN, WORLD TRADE CENTER, ON 9/11/2001.

Of course. Can't have a protest without the truthers. Ninety-nine percent, right?

ENACT LEGISLATION REDUCING THE MAXIMUM YEARLYGOVERNMENT SPENDING LIMIT FOR THE SO-CALLED “BLACK BUDGET”.

The DOD and NIP budgets are set by Congress, kind of stupid to think one Congress can put a spending limit on it and expect future Congresses to obey it.

There's just so much strangeness in here. It's delightful.

join