It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Archaeological Discoveries Recently Made in Jerusalem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Antarctica is tough to back up so far. But, I think that someday we will find evidence(or maybe have and it has been covered up) of ancient man there.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Dear SuperiorEd
From SuperiorEd “thrilling new evidence which confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible."
Perhaps this should read parts of the Old Testament.
I have got to 30:47 and that is what it is going on about.
Nothing what so ever about Christianity.

Isn't the Old Testament considered part of the Bible? Given they are talking about events over 3,000 years ago, it should not be surprising there is "nothing whatsoever about Christianity." Why would you even think the term would come up?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

reply to post by DarkKnight21

OK, I was hasty. My apologies.

I thought I would give it a watch, maybe to validate my own beliefs about Ancient Aliens and whatnot.

Unfortunately, I fell asleep after 8 mins. I was tired and I decided to watch it too late.

I will try again another time.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Dear schuyler

I am looking into the context that the OP is writing here ie, look, look the Bible is true look what the Bofins are saying.

Therefore suggesting that all the Bible is true in particular the part that they hole most dear, that which concerns Yoshua.

When in reality the story of Yoshua was to all intense and purpose created by the Roman Empire.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by schuyler

Dear schuyler

I am looking into the context that the OP is writing here ie, look, look the Bible is true look what the Bofins are saying.

Therefore suggesting that all the Bible is true in particular the part that they hole most dear, that which concerns Yoshua.

When in reality the story of Yoshua was to all intense and purpose created by the Roman Empire.

I don't buy your argument. Archaeology is confirming a Biblical story, namely the existence of David's Palace. I watched the entire video and not once was "Christianity" or Jesus mentioned. The OP also does not mention Christianity. I quite realize thet statement such as "This proves the Bible is true." might evoke a reaction that this includes the New Testament. However, this is where I part company. Obviously, these guys are Christians and they likely DO believe that, but I maintain that a person not already committed to the Christian religion (Jews, for example) need make no leap to Christianity at all.

Let me put it another way. The Bible need not be seen as 100% true or 100% false. It is perfectly logical to believe the entire New Testament is false and that Jesus didn't ever exist and still recognize that the story of David in the Old Testament is corroborated by the archaeological record. Indeed, you can remove ALL religious references from the Old Testament and what you have left is a book that is one version of the historical record which may, in part, be accurate.

All this video shows, and all the OP is claiming, is that archaeology appears to be backing up the location of David's Palace as delineated in a few chapters of the Bible. This was several hundred years BEFORE the Roman Empire even existed. The reign of King David and the reign of the Roman Empire are not connected.

What you say about Jesus being a creation of the Roman Empire is certainly a valid issue to consider and discuss. It's just that it is a completely different issue than the topic of this thread. Why not create your own thread to bring your issues forward?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join