It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs' Last Words: "Oh, wow! Oh, wow! Oh, wow!"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by schuyler

I have had a near death experience, and yes, you do go to the light, it's about surrendering to it, allowing your soul to accept that there are places beyond our physical reality. This is why people who have these experiences find a new zest for life, and tend to enjoy it more. All I can say is that after my experience I don't take things as seriously as I did before, I have learned to lighten up and to detach from negative thought patterns.

I suspect that as he died he saw the amazing realities that exist beyond our perception, I have been there, and it is divine.

Thank you Sir, I agree with you 100%; see my post on the work of Dr. Newton just previous.
edit on 10/31/11 by Electrum because: addendum

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I know!

He saw the computer of the future, the one that manages the virtual reality that we all live in, his first wow.

He then realized that said computer had to create an infinite number of universes for which we have to experience reality on, his second wow.

And then, he saw the logo in the back of it... his third wow

......But he already knew about all that and was expecting it because y'know he was very rich and was on the board of powerful evil corporations that managed to slip technology and knowledge from aliens that crashed on earth and found out all about life and death while keeping the rest of humanity in chains AND blinds while savoring every second of it and knowing well what comes after...........

...Right?
edit on 31-10-2011 by Alkolyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would be curious to know if anyone reading this thread has lost a friend/relative on a personal significant date.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alkolyk
I know!
He saw the computer of the future on that manages the virtual reality that we all live in, his first wow.
He then realized that said computer had to create an infinite number of universes for which we have to experience reality on, his second wow.
And then, he saw the logo in the back of it... his third wow
.....But he already knew about all that and was expecting it because y'know he was very rich and was on the board of powerful evil corporations that managed to slip technology and knowledge from aliens that crashed on earth and found out all about life and death while keeping the rest of humanity in chains AND blinds while savoring every second of it and knowing well what comes after...........
...Right?

Wrong! This is all so pedestrian. Listen when we go it's the biggest deal in our entire lives. It is the culmination of that life. The thing that's the issue here is that there are so many people (maybe you?) who have no conception of what a human being is. As Teilhard de Chardin said, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience". If you can't get into that then it's all meaningless to you, unfortunately. Nonetheless, that's the way it is, no question about that. So many cynical materialists! it's a bit depressing to see so much ignorance.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its usually like that---

when your head is in Vega, your arms are in Orion, and legs and feet are stretched out past Sirius

Then you start saying oh wow...this is cool...No wayyyy...are you serious? You start laughing and crying in a whole bunch of joy realizing that what you were taught wasn't really all that true. Then you want to come back and tell others kinda like a kid that got every toy he wanted for christmas but multiplied by 1000...

Yeah yeah yeah i know....just chemistry in the brain...
its really fun to hear the scientists, the resentful folks, and atheists when they start saying Oh wow....oh wow...coooooool...Nooooo wayyyyyyy

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Hey, I lean more towards atheism and I know a lot of atheists but all of us believe in the afterlife and things like this.

2nd

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Famous last words that we can now add Steve job's words to. They seem to cover a wide spectrum:

I'm going away tonight….

Who: James Brown

Source: Charles Bobbit, Brown's longtime personal manager and friend

Note: James Brown uttered his last words minutes before his death, and then he took three, long quiet breaths and closed his eyes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On that subject I am coy.

Who: Aaron Burr

Note: Burr was an atheist. His last words were a response to the efforts of his friend, Reverend P.J. Van Pelt, to get Burr to state the existence of a God.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's me, it's Buddy... I'm cold.

Who: Truman Capote, writer

Note: 'Buddy' was Capote's aunt's nickname for him.
I think I'll sleep now.

Who: George Washington Carver

Why not? After all, it belongs to him

Who: Comedian Charlie Chaplin, d. 1977, said this after a priest was reading him his last rites and said "may the lord have mercy on your soul".
I'm so bored with it all.

Who: Winston Churchill, before slipping into a coma and dying nine days later.
Dammit…Don't you dare ask God to help me.

Who: Joan Crawford. This comment was directed towards her housekeeper who began to pray aloud.
I am not the least afraid to die.

Who: Charles Darwin
source: en.wikiquote.org...

Just a small sample and interesting what people actually utter at the end.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Not that I'm denouncing the possibility or anything (Who am I to do such a thing?) but I don't think this classes as the proof which some seem to (sometimes rather smugly) believe it to be. I don't know how (fully) conscious and aware he was so he could have been half dreaming at the time. He could've been impressed with any morphine he was given.

It seems a bit obvious, but we of course just don't know.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Never had a skeptic explain a BLIND NDE, but you or jonnywhite are free to try

edit on 31-10-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

I can’t. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t an explanation other than life after death.

That I cannot explain it does not prove that it constitutes evidence of life after death. It is not the skeptic's job to explain. It is the skeptic's job to doubt in the absence of proof, and to refrain from making assertions. Again, I am open to the possibility of life after death. I just have yet to see any persuasive proof of it. I have never and will never assert that life after death is not a reality, because I can't prove it.

Skepticism does not mean to be a "disbeliever." It simply means to refrain from making assertions without proof or accepting realities without proof. The skeptic is required to remain open-minded to the fullest extent possible, which is what I'm doing.

People want to view skepticism as some sort of negative thing. Like, "Oh, you just refuse to believe because you're close minded." People in this topic even suggest that skeptics have to be atheists or are somehow resentful. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't believe because I'm open-minded in the absence of proof. I'm not an atheist, either. I'm agnostic. I "don't know" one way or the other.
edit on 10/31/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This thread made me sign up to post. I'm a regular watcher of this site, but never felt like I had something to offer.

While stationed in Afghanistan for approximately 6 months, I had a startling dream. It was such a strong dream that I woke up in a sweat. I did not remember the particulars of the dream, but I knew it was about my father dying. I was so wierded out by the dream that I prayed to God to keep my father and family safe, then went back to sleep. And for me, that was an over reaction. I'm an older guy, and hadn't seen my father in 4 years. We weren't the best of company, but he was my father. Long story short, the next morning I awoke to an email that he had passed.
I never thought about my father like this. Ever! I knew he was sick, and that his days were counting down. But, the timing of this absoutely floored me! Prior to this, I was the largest skeptic in the world on the subject.
I give credence now that there really is something to this subject. I can't put my finger on it, and I've thought alot about it. I've looked for topics to study on this, to no avail. I just wanted to share that with you guys. For me, it was proof. Proof of something. I'm still trying to figure it out in my analytical mind that requires logic to come to a conclusion.
It's like he came and said goodbye to me in a dream. But, the feeling was a little ominous. Which is why I think I awoke in a sweat and heart pounding. Thus I prayed.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I think you described my position on most things. I often will give others the impression that I have an opinion, but underneath the exterior, I have none, yet. I just don't know.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by batgirl
reply to post by jonnywhite

I had an experience when I was in a bad car crash, if you've ever been in one you know the seconds when you know the crash is about to happen and it's to late to do anything about it. Well in those seconds for me it seemed like time slowed down, something outside my side window caught my eye, I looked, and it was an angel, looking inside the car. The angel then moved to the front of the car, and I still remember this so clearly, the beautiful wings that were mesmerizingly, almost hypnotically breathtaking, the white wavy hair, shoulder length, the finely chiselled features of the face, the white robe, and the white transculent aura. Also, this angel was powerful, like no dark force on earth would ever be able to touch the holy incandescense that inhabits these holy beings. I attempted to paint this angel but couldn't get near the reality of it.

I have no doubt there is an afterlife. I like to think that most of us make our way back home, where we come from.
Our eternal home. I believe when we see it, it's familiar because it is where we were before we were born.
It is simply going back home.

I'm just in the middle of reading Tony Iommi book ( Black Sabbath guitarist) He talks of a car crash he survived . He also said just before impact everything went in slow motion and three angles appeared. He said one was to the left and two was to his right side. To cut the story to the point, its almost identical to yours, he said he should have died but walked a way without a scratch.....there was nothing left of the car

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FingerMan

Who's god is on the other side? Is he black or white? Maybe there's a telepathy we've yet to understand, but there's no after-life? The question can go on into eternity without proof.

That's the thing. Without proof, all we can do is wonder. Something, maybe. Because even if your account is accurate, it's still not proof. It could be a coincidence. And even if it's not, all it says is that somehow you sensed the death of your father. A trillion trillion different possibilities come to mind to explain that. I think in these cases, ti's all in the eye of the beholder.

Off these forums, I'd never mention a word. I'm not out to attack people. In fact, I believe very much that if someone wants to believe these things then ti's better to leave it alone. The last thing I want to do is take what little firm ground someone has and destroy it. I trust that ATS is a forum where I can speak my mind without having to be so reserved as I would be in RL.

We can't stop death. Maybe it's better to believe whatever we want about it.
edit on 31-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

My grandmother came to me in a dream and told me goodbye. I was 30 years old at the time but in my dream I was small again like 7 or 8. The next day I got a call from my mom saying my grandmother was asleep and unresponsive and would probably pass within a day or so. Which she did. There was simply no question in my mind she came and told me goodbye. Her passing was unusually easy for me and I think it was because I got to say goodbye to her.
edit on 31-10-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Love your avatar; the only time i'd prefer Chaplin over Keaton.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I would just like to know... if there actually is such a thing as an afterlife, why all the games? Why are we toyed with? Does anyone have a non-religiousy suggestion?

If enough little dribbles of evidence come out for a few nurses or familial by-standers for them to be "absolutely sure" that there is something on the "other side", why is there not any more satisfying proof after billions of human deaths?

I'm not trying to deny it or belittle the suggestion. However, either it's real or it isn't. It's very frustrating for someone like me who doesn't put much faith in faith.

P.S. - I tried to find any legitimate source for the claim that Anton Lavey said something akin to "What have I done" on his deathbed. I would find it interesting if he had, but I came up with nothing. Now, I realize that I am new to this website, so I can't complain much, but... honestly... cite your sources.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Octavia because: addition

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Who's god is on the other side? Is he black or white? Maybe there's a telepathy we've yet to understand, but there's no after-life? The question can go on into eternity without proof.

That's the thing. Without proof, all we can do is wonder. Something, maybe. Because even if your account is accurate, it's still not proof. It could be a coincidence. And even if it's not, all it says is that somehow you sensed the death of your father. A trillion trillion different possibilities come to mind to explain that. I think in these cases, ti's all in the eye of the beholder.

Off these forums, I'd never mention a word. I'm not out to attack people. In fact, I believe very much that if someone wants to believe these things then ti's better to leave it alone. The last thing I want to do is take what little firm ground someone has and destroy it. I trust that ATS is a forum where I can speak my mind without having to be so reserved as I would be in RL.

We can't stop death. Maybe it's better to believe whatever we want about it.
edit on 31-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
Well. Like I said. I mostly fall in line with your thinking. But now, I'm very much inclined to listen to these stories.
That was my story. And I don't care how many trillions of possibilities there are. Fact is that it happened. It was very unlike me to have this experience. The timing was spot on. I'd have to be crazy not to think there was something to it. But, I can totally relate to you not being able to relate to me. I was there before.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I had a friend who's mother passed away a couple of years ago. He would tell me about how he would sit with her during her last days and watch the expressions change on her face, but they would always be expressions of contentment and peace. I remember him telling me of one thing that was particularly intriguing and that was that he witnessed his mother tracking some kind of moving object in the room. He said she would be looking up towards the ceiling of the room and her eyes would be trailing from one corner of the room to another while she smiled as if something was hovering above them.
When we track a moving object with our eyes its a smoother motion than when you simply try to sweep your eyes across a room of stagnant objects. He described that her eyes weren't skipping as she trailed the invisible object, confirming that she wasn't mindlessly dragging her eyes about the room. I always loved that story. The angels took her home.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Mr. Jobs. I'm not here to judge anybody, but I think its clear to everyone that eternal investments weren't exactly in his list of prerogatives while on earth.
I'm certain I would not have wanted to see what he saw...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes he was seeing the other side. That was wonderful to share. Thank you for this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Actually I read that he and Bill saw one another at the end and made peace. I saw a piece on TV and the guy who wrote his biography said that he actually really liked Bill not so much the way he did business but that they actually got alonng very well.

Don't mean to derail your thread OP...think its great that he said something...maybe even saw something...said that he wondered about God but did not believe everything...so maybe whatever awaits us all surprised him.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join