It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul wins Iowa straw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

I read this earlier today, and now there is a new post on the cnn blog with huge pictures of all the other candidates. When you scroll down you see Dr. Paul and read about the Iowa straw poll results. They are very small sample sizes, but Iowans appear to really dig Dr. Paul. He spent a lot of time there courting voters.

When I first clicked the link on cnn's home page, it went right to the Iowa straw poll story. I guess they update the blogs pretty regularly.

Anyhow, good luck Dr. Paul, keep doing your thing, people are listening.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

But I am guessing this straw poll doesn't matter this time, right?

(Sarcasm)

Yes, good luck to RP!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
edit on 29-10-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Now if Ron wins popular vote will it matter cause of Electoral vote didnt bush lose popular vote and still become president i hope he wins he reminds me of Kennedy the only true president

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That's the idea with straw polls, they don't matter. But they do tend to indicate things like where the interest lies. Paul is the only one preaching true American values. What will the globalists do about him?

Paul supporters follow his trail to hang on his every word because it is like hearing sweet songs of liberty while everyone else is humming corporate jingles.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RonPaulSupporter2012
Now if Ron wins popular vote will it matter cause of Electoral vote didnt bush lose popular vote and still become president i hope he wins he reminds me of Kennedy the only true president

That is why electoral college is outdated. When the electoral college was created there were many uneducated people and people were not connected with 24 hour news via TV, radio, internet.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Nice i wonder how CNN will try and spin this one around? Ron Paul bused in People

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Oh, it's getting spun, alright! Paul won with 82%. He also won the second poll with 26%:

"...In the Iowa voters result, Paul took 82%. Following him were Herman Cain with 14.7%, Rick Santorum with 1%, Newt Gingrich with 0.9%, Michele Bachmann with 0.5%, Rick Perry with 0.5%, Gary Johnson with 0.2%, with Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman 0%.

The total number of votes cast in that tally was 430.

In the tally of non-Iowans who voted, Paul won 26% followed by Cain at 25%, Perry and Santorum tied at 16%, Gingrich at 11%, Bachmann at 6%, Romney at 1%, and Huntsman and Johnson with 0%.

The total number of votes cast in that count was 101..."
---------------------------------------------
But the Des Moines Register conducted a phone poll, which had these results (which are what's being spread across MSM):
Cain receives 23 percent of the vote to 22 percent for Romney. Ron Paul runs third, with 12 percent. Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, who had shared the lead with Romney in the previous Des Moines Register poll in June, now receives just 8 percent of the vote. Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich each receive 7 percent, followed by Rick Santorum at 5 percent.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
-----------------------------------------
In addition to the Iowa Straw Poll Saturday, Alabama had a straw poll. These are the results (which are also being spread across the MSM):
Out of 347 votes cast:
Cain 176 (50.7%)
Paul 156 (45%)
Newt 5
Perry 5
Mitt 3
Johnson 1
Santorum 1
Bachmann 0
Huntsman 0
---------------------
But the most insulting thing of all, is that though Paul won the Iowa Straw Poll with 82% and Santorum had 1%, and Paul had 156 votes in Alabama--with Santorum getting 1 vote, not 1%--1 vote, and although Paul got 12% with the Des Moines Register phone poll--with Santorum getting 5%---the NFRA has just endorsed Santorum for President and Cain for Vice-President! Huge gag! I am from Pennsylvania and Santorum is NOT popular here! Paul got 82% there and they endorse Santorum who got 1%???!!!!
www.wnd.com...
------------------------------
It's just sickening!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

But I am guessing this straw poll doesn't matter this time, right?

(Sarcasm)

Yes, good luck to RP!

Nope, I guess not. Just like it didn't matter when Ron Paul recently won in OHIO, or when he won in CALIFORNIA, or when he won the Value Voters Straw Poll . We could go on and on, but It's always the same crap, blah blah blah. This country is screwed, and the MSM has made sure that it's continued efforts to black out Ron Paul will affect the zombie nation we call America. They will also continue to black out anything else resembling COMMON SENSE in this country. It gets old FAST, and I'm TIRED of it!!
edit on 30-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Just wanted to BUMP this, since we all know the MSM won't.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I was there yesterday. Romney got 0 votes in both polls. When Ron Paul got done with his speech almost the entire audience walked out with him. A large part of the assembly that stayed to hear the other candidates stayed were RP supporters. I know they have kept saying that there is a black out to what is going on but this is the first time I have experienced it. CNN was there recording the event and knows clearly as we all do who the real choice was. The real sickening thing is they are blacking out what the people want. I have now seen with my own eyes the MSM propaganda at work and much the Political parties are a true joke. Disgusting isn't the word for it. Actually it is scary. We are being treated no different that when MSM was caught filming the Libyan peoples supposed protest in another country with staged props.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I tell everyone I know "Yes, do vote, please. But just know that your vote might not mean anything. If the electoral college doesn't like the popular vote they don't have to follow it."

I hate that I can't trust my own government to actually listen to me. I hate that I can't trust people who are supposed to be....oh my god...what's the word...OBJECTIVE!....in how they report the news. Thank goodness for ATS where I can find (for the most part) fair "reporting."

I would love Ron Paul to get a fair report. But alas, fair doesn't pay the bills.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I wish you had a video of it since we will never see it on the MSM.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah I just watched the results on Fox News and they are sporting the Des Moines Register phone poll as the Iowa Straw Poll. I'm sending an e-mail to Fox News and tell them where is this fair and balanced news you guys claim? National, state, and local medias are all on this Cain trip. They thought Perry would be their savior but he shot himself in the foot a few times. No worries though, Cain has almost fallen flat on his face with all the flip flopping. Its only a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Here is Dr. Paul Speaking at a NH Town Hall Forum Explaining his views on the Economy.......

" Ron Paul’s forum from Oct 29 in Hampstead, New Hampshire "

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ron paul is teh man!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
WRONG.

Ron Paul got the MOST VOTES but Rick Santorum WON:

"Des Moines, Iowa (CNN) -– Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has won the official endorsement of the National Federation of Republican Assemblies."

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yeah and did you notice how they once again downplayed Ron Pauls votes by saying his supporters are to blame? Wow, really? Aren't supporters usually the ones who vote for candidates?? Sickening.

Earlier Saturday, Texas Rep. Ron Paul won two separate tallies for the group’s presidential straw poll. That contest was dominated more by Paul's loyal supporters than by members of the NFRA.

edi t on 30-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is such good news news. Iowa is so crucial. I actually traveled to Des Moines to watch the process in 2008 and sat in on the Republican caucus. Ron Paul won several districts in Iowa in 2008 but came up weak in rural districts. (The Dems and Reps both just promise corn subsidies in Iowa). It's looking like he should take top 3 in Iowa and hopefully New Hampshire.

In Iowa you can register Republican and participate in the Iowa caucus on the spot. Please Get out the vote.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join