It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Creates Spherical Flying Machine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Battery life can't be more than a few minutes on those I bet.
Edit,ok 8mins.
But imagine nano versions which could harvest energy on the fly.
They could be the ultimate smart dust.

edit on 27/10/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: yeah yeah

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If they start mass producing I predict MUFON will be very busy.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

What you SHOULD be looking at, was the flight stabilization and error correction of the device.

Whats so breathtaking about gyroscopic stabalization? It's been around for well over a century, closer to 2 actually. As pointed out before, the vehicle is not actually a sphere, but a roll cage over a helicopter with ailerons.

The concept is basically that of the Boeing V-22, with a roll cage.

I agree with your sentiment towards industrial applications, which I admit can be breathtaking (for some people) but retain my view that this is not any major advancement in aviation technology.

Cool none the less, but the video title and op title is a little misleading.
edit on 27-10-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by daaskapital

its a contra rotaing twin rotor helicoper in a " roll cage " - that does not " a spherical flying machnine make

a sphere is a solid geometric object - if you enclose this devices roll cage in a plastic skin - it will be unable to function

the only inovation here is the roll-cage - which is ver very clever - as , as it demonstrates it can survive lowspeed impact with objects - which would destry a conventional micro helicopter

My ORIGINAL thread on this technology

Check out the video of the flying white spheres near the nuclear reactor. They look spherical to me

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Yet the incredible metal working and methodology behind a Samurai sword, even to this day, is awed throughout society.

Incredible isn't it, they were behind technologically yet the US still felt compelled to drop 2 atom bombs on them.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

good catch amigo. S&F 2U

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Yet the incredible metal working and methodology behind a Samurai sword, even to this day, is awed throughout society.

And that means what, exactly? That they are some super advanced race? Please.

The world over has master craftsmen.

Incredible isn't it, they were behind technologically yet the US still felt compelled to drop 2 atom bombs on them.

This statement makes no sense. You obviously like to pluck facts without the slightest understanding of the context.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

And dropping 2 atom bombs on innocent people isn't classed as out-of-context.

You were defending your opinion of their technology in WWII. I brought to light, given your fact, how unjust it was to use advanced technology, being the atom bombs, on a technologically lower civilisation, then given the discussion.

Yes, agreed, Master craftsmen the world round. The Samurai Sword is a marvel though and the quality of the craftsmanship gave it an air of being years ahead of its time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Alien orbs use the EM field of Earth to move along.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

You gotta be kidding me.

Why can't humans just be considered human?

Always gotta be saying this race is better than that race or whatever.

I am pretty amazed at the audacity of your comment however.

I put comments like this in the garbage bin next to the KKK and all that jazz.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A wheel within a wheel from the old testament anyone?

Wooooow
, we are indeed evolving as a race both technologically and of course spiritually, a new realm of existence one might ponder...

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

Whats so breathtaking about gyroscopic stabalization? It's been around for well over a century, closer to 2 actually. As pointed out before, the vehicle is not actually a sphere, but a roll cage over a helicopter with ailerons.

The concept is basically that of the Boeing V-22, with a roll cage.

You did see that the Sphere thing was... somewhat... smaller than a V-22 osprey, right?

You saw that, yes?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Why the Japanese aren't ruling this world I'll never know, they are clearly superior beings to Caucasians in every way.

in every way?
oh please, you must be Japanese, right?
I'm offended!!!!!!!!!

BOOO to you!

BTW: lets not make this about race here, before things get real ugly!! you follow?
edit on 27/10/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Pretty cool, however all you need to do is throw a blanket or a towel over it and it would crash to the ground.

1: Awsome toy for hardcore nerds

2: Crappy spybot concept - so dont worry.....yet..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wait, isn't this just something that is slightly more advanced than what has been built before? I ask this because it seems to be propeller-driven. There is nothing really new about that, and even with the gyros, which gives it cool capabilities, where is the innovation?

Granted I do not know much about it, and am not saying that it isn't genius or anything, I am just asking you guys to fill me in here. I recently saw a DARPA project that was similar to this, a simple drone with some of the same capabilities.

I will say that I have never seen anything move in that way. I suppose that is where the innovation comes in, with the maneuverability. I will look into it some more, because I wasn't giving the video my full attention.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You were defending your opinion of their technology in WWII. I brought to light, given your fact, how unjust it was to use advanced technology, being the atom bombs, on a technologically lower civilisation, then given the discussion.

I'd agree with that.

In my opinion people at the top wanted to test their new toy, sick as that was. Japan was already planning to surrender. It was also a warning to Russia. The US declared itself world superpower with that explosion, and showed they can make more than one.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

You did see that the Sphere thing was... somewhat... smaller than a V-22 osprey, right?

You saw that, yes?

Oh man, you caught me, cant get anything by you

What is your point?

Small scale of almost anything is much easier to fabricate and engineer.

Why do you think RC enthusiast build small scale models, and not the full sized craft?

You saw that, yes?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Battery life can't be more than a few minutes on those I bet.
Edit,ok 8mins.
But imagine nano versions which could harvest energy on the fly.
They could be the ultimate smart dust.

edit on 27/10/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: yeah yeah

I noticed it had an external power supply, that will kill this as a usable device for a long time.

It looks heavy/bulky with an external power supply, and it will be more so if the power supply is internal, we wont see this in operation for a long time.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
in related news, ufo sightings in japan have shot up 1000%

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Alien orbs use the EM field of Earth to move along.

Who said anything about alien orbs?

Small white orbs, suspiciously the same size of the ones described in this thread, have been observed all over the world for decades. Usually they hang around military sites, but on their off time they are filmed flying around populated areas too.

They are, quite obviously, made for recon purposes. They are highly maneuverable and are probably able to disengage and reconnect with a "mother" vehicle (useful for refueling, and also useful for deploying them secretly).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join