It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would The Occupy... 99% Not Identify With The Homeless?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense to me. Why would the supposed 99% feel they are above the homeless? Are the 99% actually subdivided into classes, and the Occupy... movement occupies the 1%? I would think if they're screaming they are the 99% that would include everyone but the top 1%, not the bottom 1%. Guess the news hasn't quite understood who they were protesting against.

Occupy Wall Street kitchen staff protesting fixing food for freeloaders

The Occupy Wall Street volunteer kitchen staff launched a “counter” revolution yesterday -- because they’re angry about working 18-hour days to provide food for “professional homeless” people and ex-cons masquerading as protesters.

For three days beginning tomorrow, the cooks will serve only brown rice and other spartan grub instead of the usual menu of organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wow, this makes me sad. The Occupation in my city feeds whoever is hungry.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ForAllMyDeadHomies

Looks like the Occupy Wall St. crowd thinks of themselves as an upper tier of the 99%, which makes sense with the high percentage of trust fund kids and costly private school students in attendance there.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Keywords to your post. "Professional Homeless" & "Cons".

You did research Professional Homeless people before posting, didn't you?

Hint: They generally aren't actually homeless.

The OWS isn't turning away the needy, they're turning away the non-needy opportunists who are taking away vital resources from the Protesters.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well we all know artificial famines aren't anything new to communists....

I just had to say that, I don't think they are all communists jejeje
edit on 10/27/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Seem's to me now they know what it take's to run a evil bank or corporation too many rules and outside influence's effecting the bottom line.

Shame they won't learn that lesson because if they did they would all go home.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Good. Professional homeless ppl make me sick to my stomach.

I wonder what that phone booth lady is up to nowadays? I haven't seen her for a few years

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

The OWS isn't turning away the needy, they're turning away the non-needy opportunists who are taking away vital resources from the Protesters.

Furthermore, in Dallas recently released convicts were being told to hit the Occupy Camp. Not only is this a major disruption, but an attorney is perhaps pursuing reckless endangerment as the result.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So, what you are saying is the "Professional Homeless" and "Cons" are a part of the 1% the 99% are protesting, correct?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You have professional homeless people

The USA... truly the land of unlimited opportunities

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I wonder what that phone booth lady is up to nowadays? I haven't seen her for a few years

Proffesional? Really?

Do you have any idea at all how many people alone are homeless because they have no health insurance and they were discharged from a mental ward? Or they never had the opportunity to go to school, etc....??????

The problem lies with some of these people having no choice to be homeless because they are outcasts of society. They have no resources available left to them.

Obviously, you have never volunteered to work at a soup kitchen, food bank or homeless shelter.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

You have professional homeless people

The USA... truly the land of unlimited opportunities

There was a story in the paper a couple years back about a couple of individuals making a good living, over $40k a year tax free, panhandling by a highway off ramp during the day. Definitely can't say Denver is not a charitable city. Too bad a lot of the people give to the wrong people.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I have all I need and I earned all I have... I don't mind to share and help those in need but THIS disgusts me

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Proffesional? Really?

Do you have any idea at all how many people alone are homeless because they have no health insurance and they were discharged from a mental ward? Or they never had the opportunity to go to school, etc....??????

The problem lies with some of these people having no choice to be homeless because they are outcasts of society. They have no resources available left to them.

Obviously, you have never volunteered to work at a soup kitchen, food bank or homeless shelter.

edit on 27-10-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

Obviously you don't know what we are talking about.
I will fill you in. A professional homeless person is not homeless. They are con artists. They pretend they are homeless and they make thousands of dollars a month. They often have nice homes or apartments. They simply take from caring ppl with no regard for actual homeless ppl.
The comment about the phone booth woman was about a woman who had a beautiful apartment. She would change into dingy clothes every morning in a phone booth. I had seen her for years and given her money. Millions of people saw her everyday and felt bad...................... Then the Daily News broke the story that she was indeed a professional homeless. She was just panhandling to supplement her income.
edit on 27-10-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I have all I need and I earned all I have... I don't mind to share and help those in need but THIS disgusts me

Yup. Got to agree. I heard that after that story these two had to move to a different city because their donations dropped considerably.

But the question this thread raises is, do these people count in the 99% the Occupy... movement say they represent in their protest of the upper 1%?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I guess technically they are part of the 99% since they are not part of the 1% elite, central banksters or corrupt politicians.
On the other hand, they exploit and take advantage of others... just like the 1%.

I don't care what percentage these people count in... they are scum and steal from others who really need help.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I guess technically they are part of the 99% since they are not part of the 1% elite, central banksters or corrupt politicians.
On the other hand, they exploit and take advantage of others... just like the 1%.

I don't care what percentage these people count in... they are scum and steal from others who really need help.

If they are breaking the law, then the 99% should have the police take care of them. But if they aren't, shouldn't they be allowed to participate and be a part of the 99%? I've been hearing the Occupy... movement wants people to participate at the gatherings, but nothing about having to qualify to attend.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Obviously you don't know what we are talking about.
I will fill you in. A professional homeless person is not homeless. They are con artists. They pretend they are homeless and they make thousands of dollars a month. They often have nice homes or apartments. They simply take from caring ppl with no regard for actual homeless ppl.
The comment about the phone booth woman was about a woman who had a beautiful apartment. She would change into dingy clothes every morning in a phone booth. I had seen her for years and given her money. Millions of people saw her everyday and felt bad...................... Then the Daily News broke the story that she was indeed a professional homeless. She was just panhandling to supplement her income.

Hmm, ok, what was the other income she was supplementing? Cash assistance, food stamps, etc..???
There are people out there who work the system, and to those, I don't have a problem with throwing the book at.

I, for all intents an purposes could be considered a homeless person, since I live in a domestic violence program, and am trying to improve my life. I don't even go for food donations, as I figure other people need them more than I do.

It makes me sad that a person would do this, as it seems more work than a nine to fiver, but heck, at least it is tax free.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I'd like to see what proof they had that these were the professional homeless.

Seriously, unless you really know a person, it's hard to tell the difference, in a lot of these cases.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A few comments that stood out in the article to me....

They will also provide directions to local soup kitchens for the vagrants...... Read more: www.nypost.com...

“We need to limit the amount of food we’re putting out” to curb the influx of derelicts, said Rafael Moreno, a kitchen volunteer.... Read more: www.nypost.com...

So obviously it's not just the "professional homeless" the protesters are concerned about..it IS the actual homeless

For three days beginning tomorrow, the cooks will serve only brown rice and other spartan grub instead of the usual menu of organic chicken and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese, and roasted beet and sheep’s-milk-cheese salad. Read more: www.nypost.com...

Some protesters threatened that the high-end meals could be cut off completely if the vagrants and criminals don’t disperse. Read more: www.nypost.com...

Wow....is that what the rest of us 99% are eating tonight? Organic chicken and sheep's milk cheese salad? I'm betting it's something more along the lines of hot dogs, tuna casserole or even regular old stinky chicken if we're lucky. Poor protesters might not get their "high end" meals anymore.... And who's paying for this? Oh right, the rest of the 99% that are sitting at home donating money and eating far worse for dinner.

A team of 10 security volunteers moved in to the trouble-prone southwest section of Zuccotti Park in a show of force to confront them. Read more: www.nypost.com...

Some arguments broke out as the security team searched tents -- but no violence erupted. Read more: www.nypost.com...

LMAO...this occupy movement is starting to sound more and more like the very police they're whining about...coupled with the issue of where the donation funds are going from a previous thread, the whole thing pretty much sounds like USA to me

Michelle

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join