It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Military Activity Boston,MA......And My Gut Feeling?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
(continued from the previous post above)

I had a series of dreams in Summer 2001 through sometime in 2003 that were what I would characterize as "hyper-realistic." I could see, touch, taste, smell, FEEL the reality of my dreams. They were real to me, and I feel like if I were any less of a rational person I would have believed they actually happened. They were that good. I should have kept a diary of them, but I was young and couldn't be bothered with such things. Now I only have my fading memories of the details. But it involved much pain and suffering. Pain so real my heart would ache for days afterwords. Running from house to house, staying with small groups of people. Evading the military patrols on the streets by sprinting through backyards, quickly hopping fence after fence, hiding in bushes. Garages were popular hiding spots. One dream in particular we had a birthday party for a member of our—clan? I remember questioning the logic in my head. "Why have a birthday party when times are so bleak and we might get caught making noise?" but I answered myself with "We must keep these traditions alive to not only maintain our sanity, but our humanity." We then heard a military officer outside and got really quiet. Someone brushed up against a balloon (which we had salvaged from the house when putting together this scrappy birthday party in the dark) and it made a squeak and almost gave us away, but the officer was called to by a peer and left us alone. We quickly moved on to a new location after that. Other dreams have included building shelters back in the woods and rocks behind my grandparent's house. They have quite a bit of wooded land, but we were afraid to live in the house since people would come by and constantly ransack the place. So we left it be as a front to conceal our actual position. People would see it abandoned and without supplies, and they would quickly move on.

Other details from the dreams have come to pass since then, such as my grandparent's putting in a gate to the entrance of their land after a break-in, and them cutting down the brush along their driveway to a very short height after an ice storm. The dreams also accurately predicted where I went to college, and even had some details about the appearance of parts of the campus, and I had never seen the school until I went there later, and it was like a rush coming back to me, and honestly it kind of freaked me out. Yet another detail from an additional dream had my then future wife in it, but her face was all fuzzy. But she had a build and exact same hair and color as from my dream. I didn't even remember it until around the time we got engaged, and then it was like "Whoa!" all over again. In my dream she was seriously injured in some sort of blast. She had shrapnel lodged in various parts of her body, and I was by her side at some sort of make-shift hospital. Luckily, even with such limited resources she seemed to be doing ok. Most of the shrapnel was in her extremities, but there was a larger scatter-chunk on her chest that was bad. I remember feeling the love I had for her and the worry, all wrapped up into this crazy ball of emotion that I had never felt before. Now I know what that love feels like, and it's scary to think it might actually happen.

Though it probably won't. This thread simply got me thinking about my past dreams and current experiences.

Stay safe! If something does go down, our best chance of survival is if we work together. Let's hope nothing happens though.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Interesting.....but I know some parts of the country have been holding emergency response drills, and they are supposedly very large scale and realistis....so much so, they warned people so they wouldn't freak out.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I feel a bit confused reading this, because this past week, we've had scores of helicopters flying above our home and through our valley, which is highly irregular. There is a hospital helicopter that goes through, and sometimes one from the electric company inspects lines...... but like yesterday three of them were flying over home together! I have never seen so many here!

I don't know jack about helicopters, all I could tell you is that they were black. But here's the confusing part-
I don't live near any big city- I live at a high altitude, in a rural area, near a mountain pass over looking a valley.
It isn't in the US! I live in the south east of France! So it couldn't be american military! Could it?
Or could there be something up that military in other countries are in on also?

Sounds pretty far fetched, but I am really finding the coincidence strange......

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antz2xplicit

boston.cbslocal.com...

URBAN training
=
inner city martial law training

edit on 27-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

No... because i was in the military and these sort of "training exercises" are not allowed. They put all those peoples lives at risk and property damage at risk training like that...flying between building in a populated area.

Not allowed? Seriously?

**MEDIA ALERT** Military Training Exercises to Take Place In and Around Boston
| | More
For Immediate Release
July 25, 2011
Released By:
Mayor’s Office For More Information Contact:
Mayor’s Press Office
[email protected]

Joint federal military training exercises will take place within and around the Boston area between July 26th and August 5th. Military personnel will conduct training exercises to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements. Helicopters will be used in some exercises.

The Boston Police Department is working with military personnel to coordinate training sites that will minimize negative impacts on our Boston citizens and their daily routines. Safety precautions have been taken to prevent risk to the general public and the military personnel involved. With that, training site locations are not open to the public and will be guarded by uniformed personnel to provide additional safety.

www.cityofboston.gov...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Hardcore West Point officers don't exist in the same mentality as they did when I served in the early 90's. Most enlisted and non-enlisted combat arms are all veterans and I believe would stand-up against any obvious orders that would harm unarmed civilians. This isn't Syria.

I am not sure what you mean by that statement....I am a Hardcore West Point officer from the early 90's, and I have gone on record numerous times supporting the ethics of our military to stand with the civilians against unethical orders on numerous occasions. I either misunderstood your comment or you are underestimating the intelligence of the long grey line to properly evaluate an order against our oath. We spent hundreds of hours studying ethics and the morality of war for the single and sole purpose to stop officers from leading their troops on orders that could even remotely be considered unethical. That being said, my peers are at the LT COL and Maj levels now, and I know how they will respond from personal knowledge.....I also know that any grad at the general level will respond in a similar fashion. Do not mistake hardcore for blind loyalty.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

Take my word for it man....nothing is going on outa the ordinary persay.its just a new traning method for urban combat...and they arent gearing up for anything but the holidays.nobody should be paranoid about military activity in the U.S.Because we wont let a threat get even close.9/11 was just unlucky,the only reason they got passed us is because the were among us already.so no worries.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I live in downtown Seattle.....and about 2 weeks ago...there were several military helicopters training in a flight pattern over Seattle. I definitely think...something is up!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And another example from my little part of world, burlington, nc usa

www.thetimesnews.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Starting about a year ago there are military choppers, including apache's, flying farely low flying east to west down I-10. This happens a few times a week now. dont know the reason for the flights but I go outside to see what kind of choppers they are every time I hear them coming.

About 2 weeks ago I was standing out on my balcony and could see somthing stationary in the night sky flashing. My immediate thought was UFO! (thanks ATS
) So I got out my telescope to see if I could identify it. But to no avail, it was too high up. I continued to track it though with the telescope trying to figure out what it was and then it passed in front of the moon. It was an Apache! But why was it hovering soooo high up, not moving really and it was 10:00pm. After about 45 min it finally just turned south/west and flew off.

I thought that activity was quite strange.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Interesting.....but I know some parts of the country have been holding emergency response drills, and they are supposedly very large scale and realistis....so much so, they warned people so they wouldn't freak out.

Yes, they're holding one at the elementary school my kids go to on November 3. They're calling it an earthquake drill and it's going to be as realistic as possible, full scale with police, fire, EMT units all involved and it will last 2 hours. The school is K4 through 2nd grade but they will be doing them with all the county schools. This is the first one they've held, that I am aware of. In the 11 years I've been here, there's never been anything like this.

I've heard and seen large groups of copters go over my house quite a bit lately but I don't think much of it as we have an Air Force base and airport only a few miles from my house, so military air traffic is an almost daily occurrence.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've seen plenty of airborn miltary activity in the Houston area as well the past several days. Of course it could just be normal activity but there seems to be an aweful lot of it lately.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho

reply to post by allenidaho

No... because i was in the military and these sort of "training exercises" are not allowed. They put all those peoples lives at risk and property damage at risk training like that...flying between building in a populated area.

When i was in we used to do a thing called a "fod" walk down. which is when you take a group of about 12 people and walk across a landing area and pick up small objects like sticks ect ect so it doesn't damage the chopper. there would have to be a reason to risk such an event like that.

(click the video) I am laying on top of the guy they are winching up. i know my helicopters, we trained with them all the time.

Helicopter video
edit on 26-10-2011 by Antz2xplicit because: (no reason given)

No no. You were in the Coast Guard. I was in the Navy. The real military.

We did fod walkdowns on flight decks and landing pads but nothing else. You don't get that luxury out in the field.

We also did training operations over populated cities on a regular basis. Granted, those cities were in Japan, Korea and Iraq. But still. Populated areas. Potential for damage.

WAIT A MINUTE THERE

the coast guard IS the 'real military' Ive been in both the MARINES --realer than Navy using your logic--- and the USCG..both boot camps... I will say this, the coast guard boot camp is patterned after the USMC. It IS TOUGHER than navy and air force boot camps.

In CG boot camp we had 1 marine (me), 3 army, 2 navy, and 1 air force (female)...The army guys said it was easier than Army boot, navy guys were shocked at how hard it was (harder than navy), AF girl was pathetically un prepared.

* unless you were a SEAL, Seebea, or corpsman..Navy gets little respect (deservedly so)
* coast guard ships are underway MORE than NAVY.
* coast guard ships head INTO storms and rough water, Navy heads away.
* coast guard does more law enforcement than NAVY
* coast guard was DOT, now DHS, always military
* fought in world wars AND had a HIGHER CASUALTY rate in WW2 than NAVY..
* 25% of CG is prior military, mostly usmc and usn..
* cg trains other nations navy and CG units
* CG doesn't need a warrant to search

The Coast Guard is tougher than NAVY.. anyone who has been in both WILL admit it..
obviously you have not..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Your gut is gurgeling too much. Go to the washroom!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
omg! There are military choppers flying over our heads! As if that's not what they do!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I do live about 30 miles from Kirtland Air Force Base in Albs, NM, so this is 50/50 on being suspicious activity.

I have lived here my whole life, and have never seen the amount of low flying helicopter exercises the air force has going on right now. Blackhawks, chinooks, you name it, are all doing low flying night time exercies literally every night here now. I've been seeing literally 5 blackhawks with no lights on flying low enough to wake me up and look out the window going WTF was that?

I will get some pics and/or video and post it on this thread the next time they fly by. shouldn't be too long haha.

Oh and those new Osprey crafts with the rotating propellers, yea the ones taxpayers spent billions on and aren't even effectifve in combat zones, they make a couple flyovers every week. I'm pretty sure a couple airmen even died during training on the Ospreys.

And to think people are starving in the streets, but those new toys are so much fun!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Oh and I should say, We should monitor military and fed activity alot more closely, and more often.

They do it to us, why don't we return the favor!

Come on ATS army, if they want to monitor us, let's see how they like the citizens monitoring their really really expensive exercises over populated areas.

Something tells me they wouldn't take to kindly to all their activity being posted for all to see!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by midwest

The most important thing in your dream is determine the time in real life when something like that will happen,for example ,the people in your dream were young or old?Do you recognize in your dream places you have seen before,and see now but changed.. new constructions?There should be something to remember by analyze your dram and get a timing. Think carefully and I'm waiting for your answer!!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Despite conspiracy theories that this could be a first step toward martial law in the U.S., there won't be tanks on Main Street or active-duty troops putting down demonstrations. That is barred by federal law banning the military from being used on U.S. soil for domestic law enforcement. 

Yes, there are laws against military policing on US streets -- they are part of both the 1807 Insurrection Act and 1879's Posse Comitatus Act -- but the Defense Authorization Act of 2007 gutted them. 

Although US Troops had been deployed to support Katrina most of them where unarmed or had not been permitted to carry live Ammo. As Gangs and Thugs raided hospitals and such it was the security companies like XE and Red Key who had been hired to do what I personally think we should of let our combat arms deal with.

Personally I could careless if Uncle Sam or the CIA flew over my house everyday. We don't know what they're doing and frankly I don't think we want to truly review everything they do before they do it. If the # hit the fan it would be the military that would be supporting the citizens and not the individual government agencies like the FBI.

Hardcore West Point officers don't exist in the same mentality as they did when I served in the early 90's. Most enlisted and non-enlisted combat arms are all veterans and I believe would stand-up against any obvious orders that would harm unarmed civilians. This isn't Syria.

Also don't forget the US has the largest non-standing army in the world. Bigger than China and Russia. It's not the Marines or the US Army but the 75 million US Citizens who follow the 2nd Amendment. (that's and old estimate). In addition we just spent 10 years creating experienced combat veterans who mostly are now your neighbors. All of which would make any aggressive act by anyone a very sticky situation to deal with.

Support

According to a company press release, Blackwater provided airlift, security, logistics, and transportation services, as well as humanitarian support. It was reported that the company also acted as law enforcement in the disaster-stricken areas, for example securing neighborhoods and confronting criminals. Blackwater moved about 200 personnel into the area hit by Hurricane Katrina, most of whom (164 employees) were working under a contract with the Department of Homeland Security to protect government facilities, but the company held contracts with private clients as well. Overall, Blackwater had a "visible, and financially lucrative, presence in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina as the use of the company contractors cost U.S. taxpayers $240,000 a day."

Just so you know, last year the past a law that allows the military to police U.S. streets. It came wrapped with the Patriot Act. Welcome to America!!!

Martial law, means no law. Just so you know at that point they "TPTB" will not be playing by the rules.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Logic says that the soldiers returning home are being briefed on the OWS movement, and it's potential to get hostile, threatening American infrastructure, and graduating into an all out insurrection. This is - logically - why law enforcement is provoking escalation through violent acts against the protesters, i.e.: Throwing concussion grenades into a crowd surrounding a wounded person and trying to help him, while said grenade detonates on top of an already injured person. What in the hell is that?

So, when it comes to the oath that military took, if indeed military is conditioned and prepped beforehand, they'll likely see the OWS as a domestic threat (Not Americans excercising their Constitutional rights) , and whallah!

Next thing we know, we've become Afghanistan to them. They'll target us, mow us down, etc. etc. We'll be treated just like the people we saw them treat so barbarically in the videos from Iraq.

I'm not off my rocker, I know what I'm talking about. These returning soldiers have been conditioned to kill, and are numb from killing, numb from the task they just left, and in the perfect frame of mind...

to follow their commander's orders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join