It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘United States of Africa’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mirrormaker326

Great topic.
Great post.

Thanks to both of you. This is what no one wants to converse about. When it happens, it will be a great day.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Granted, you may not have condemned 'me' as such but you most definately did adopt a quite supercilious and arrogant attitude.
Whilst you may think your reply constitutes a 'logical dissection' I think it would be more accurately described as a rebuttal - you most certainly have not 'won' or been proved correct at all - you have your opinion, I have mine.

I assure you I have never assumed to have a deep understanding of anything, I have many questions and observations but alas few solutions.

And I can assure you I very much doubt I would 'see red' over such a thing - if I ever do 'see red' then you will certainly know.

In my humble opinion I think the best things Africans can do for themselves is free themselves from the inherent corruption that is rife and from those that seek to exploit, regardless of where they originate from, and approach their problems with a degree of honesty and open mindness that is sadly very rare in this world.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

I was trying to show, obviously not very well, that European unity has not been a good thing and most people believe that North American unity will not be either - so why would African unity be any different?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Cool. I get where you are coming from now! And I agree, African Unity would undermine sovereignty as much as Euro Unity has ours. It seems that if there is to be an EU and a North American U and an African U, there should probably be a South American U and at least two or three Asian U's. Eventually, the globe will have been carved up into blocs.

Personally, I think that if anything, African Union is impossible. Unless of course the missing bombs were sold to an African. If someone like Malema, whose fave song is 'Kill the Boar', ie, the White Man, ever got hold of a nuke, I think there would be reprisals for those nations that have repeatedly raped Africa of her resources, poisoned her land and assisted and coersed the Tribes in drenching her soil in blood.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think africa's destiny is kind of out of the hands of europeans or americans. I say that because china has been quietly investing and building up africa for years now. I feel like they have a special intrest in seeing a united africa.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

China's interest in Africa is purely selfish and at the expense of the African people. China is reaching the point where they can no longer force the 800 million citizens that are not part of the People's Communist Party to work for the 2 pieces of rice a day wage that they have been for the last 30 or so years. China does not give a s*** about the African people, they are simply interested in the potential cheap labor and the natural resources.

If they were truly "investing" in Africa, they would start helping its inhabitants empower themselves. They are not, they buy land, on which to eventually build factories, where they can exploit the poverty of the continent and force the people to work for slave wages.

China's BS "Communism" is a slap in the face to Marx. They have allowed a certain class of people to become obscenely rich, while they use propaganda to keep the 800 million peasants there believing that its "China's" wealth, rather than the wealth of those lucky and connected individuals who get to join the club of elites.

China also seems to suffer from an inability to think creatively. Japan and Korea are exponentially more inventive with more engineering savvy. What relevant technological advancements have come from this new World Power? Nothing, they make all the bull # that Americans and Europeans think that they need, and they do it cheaper than anywhere else. And with 1 billion citizens, they can make a lot of cheap crap They also like to bootleg technology and pass it off as their own.

But they cannot keep their populace blind forever, and the poor Chinese are starting to notice the grotesque disparity between rich and poor there. Their solution? Start a Neo-Colonialism campaign on the African continent, so they can use the Africans to work at laughable wages. China can go ahead and think that this will happen. They need to worry about their total lack of ethical and moral behavior at the Governmental level, rather than trying to outsource their factories to areas were they can pay the employees in pennies, all the while increasing their profit.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Silly people, China is economically dominating many African countries. Also, Angola is China’s largest oil supplier. I think it’s too late for Europe and for sure is too late for the US to dominate Africa. We already had our chance. True too, Africa’s leaders are selling Africa’s assets right and left, selling itself out (to China).

library.fes.de... :
The Sino-Africa relations have entered a new phase since the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation/FOCAC held in
Beijing in November 2006. China’s president Hu Jintao pointed out: “China will strengthen cooperation with Africa in the following fields: First, deepen political relation of equality and mutual trust. Second, broaden win-win economic cooperation. Third, expand exchange for cultural enrichment. Fourth, promote balanced and harmonious global development. Fifth, strengthen cooperation and mutual support in international affairs”. He also announced the country’s intention to double, by 2009, the development aid it provides.

edit on 2-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And here:

WHAT’S HAPPENING: Chinese Control in Africa
By Julissa Trevino | November 23rd, 2009 | Buzz Blog, What's Happening

Photo illustration by Plamen Petkov for Fast Company.

In the past few years, China has become the most aggressive investor in Africa, according to a Fast Company article. “There are already more Chinese living in Nigeria than there were Britons during the height of the empire. From state-owned and state-linked corporations to small entrepreneurs, the Chinese are cutting a swath across the continent. As many as 1 million Chinese citizens are circulating here,” reports Fast Company. The writer goes on to detail the importance of certain African materials and products to the Chinese: “…four African countries central to China’s overall strategy: Mozambique (a key source of timber for China), Zambia (copper), Congo (a wide range of minerals), and Equatorial Guinea (oil).

I have been reading articles for several years on Chinese overtaking Africa and the African people don't like it and don't like the Chinese products they are forced to buy via agreements between the leaders of the countries. And Africa isn't the only place China is advancing it's competence. Beijing is challenging American influence al over the world.

"The Chinese are the preferred partners of many African governments and the biggest trading partner of other emerging powers, such as Brazil and South Africa. China is also stepping in to buy the bonds of financially strapped members of the eurozone, such as Greece and Portugal."

www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
The genoicide that occurred in Rwanda had absolutely nothing to do with colonialists

Wrong. christian missionaries working as
agent-provocateurs were behind the massacre.

edit on 2/11/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Wrong. christian missionaries working as
agent-provocateurs were behind the massacre.

Do you have any evidence to support this allegation?
Or is it just another baseless accusation based on nothing more than internet rumour and gossip or blind bigotry?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That's correct. Democratic movements spawned through social media networking, with users of such networking who are well aware of how global elites use their western government inlet agencies, and how they influence those agencies to the point they have them infiltrate social networking movements so to manipulate movements, is how a movement is sustained and protected turning into real political and economic system change; how wealth is distributed within a true democratic meritocracy.

COINTELPRO is the historical model of how the elites did it in the past, and that was before global communication capabilities that are available now empowering faster and more impacting counter inelegance programs that divert and undermine what otherwise would be functional and productive TRUE democratic movements. Movements that can turn into political and economic change forces where common people worldwide can finally benefit from resource exploitations and the trade of resources on the open market. Such political and economic change would bring about price stabilization of resources keeping inflation and interest rates within a window that could be projected with a high level of probability. This creating an environment of market trust lessening the chances of volatility, and therefore private enterprise growth in converting resources into goods and services could become healthy and secure on a long-term bases, and safeguarded from market manipulations much created by fear promoted within the corporate media propaganda machine complex not forgetting to mention deregulated/policed exchanges that are breeding ground for elites to manipulate with their non transparent hedge funds that drive up prices artificially separating the raw material markets from supply and demand price forces.

All that can only happen if employees are contract workers and owner operators of their own work places. Owning one's own means of productions. The very definition of the pursuit of happiness. This is the nightmare of the global one percent. Their nightmare of a world where the meek of today truly do inherit the Earth of the future.

The global 1% is who make sure Africa is destabilized so they can exploit its resources for cheap and artificially price them gouging the world for them so they can fly around to their many global estates in their private jets.

The life styles of the one percent must come to and end. If such lifestyles are no more Africa will be free and united, and so will the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

If i was president i would sell my oil 1,000 a barrel and tell the world we dont use money no more.

If you don't use money then you can't price oil for 1,000 bucks a barrel.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The truth...it is what it is.Louis Farrakhan

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join