It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost hit a truck.....did I just use my Chi....???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I thought I share this experience. Of course, I don't know if I used my Chi to save me or not. I am a serious cyclist (you know, those cyclists riding a $1000 bicycle and all decked out like a pro LOL). I was riding home from my daily training ride. I was going about maybe 23 to 24 mph. I was about to cross the intersection and it was green light. I have the right of way. Because there was no car behind me, I decided to take up the whole road, right in the middle of it. As I was about to cross the intersection, a black SUV accelerated from a dead stop and decided to stop right in the middle of the intersection, right in my path. He went through the red light to do this. Why? He hates cyclists, maybe??? Don't know. I slammed my brakes. I was maybe within 30ft hitting right side of his SUV. Is it even possible within the law of physics to stop fully with a moving vehicle going at 23 mph within a 30ft distance? All I remembered was that I hit the both brakes and preparing for the impact. Something happened.

My back wheel locked up and causing me to power slide to my left. Almost like something was cushioning me from the front and redirecting my forward velocity. I came to a full stop facing parallel as the SUV. There was only a foot of space between me and the SUV when I came to a full stop. At this point, I was doing a track stand for couple of seconds. I rode around the SUV and yelled at this grown ass man, with his kid next to him, if he was crazy. I saw his face at this moment. I saw his rage in his eyes. He would be the type person that would gun down a group of people because he has lost his job or some other #s.

I then rode back home as if nothing has happened...

I don't normally get myself into a life threatening situation. Is hard to say if I was projecting my Chi outward to protect me from physical harms. I used Chi a lot on the mental and mind level.

Come to think of it, the distance was more like 20ft or so...
edit on 26-10-2011 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I had a smiliar experience years ago. I was waiting my turn to get onto the freeway. I saw an insulation truck go by on the road below, complete with pink panther rolls. I didn't pay much attention to it. It was my turn so I accelerated down the ramp and merged at about 60mph. Traffic was light. I was going up a hill and saw a car in my lane in the distance. I did not realize that it was completely stopped. It was a cadillac that had high centered on a roll of insulation dropped by the truck. By the time I realized what I was up against I was hurtling toward the fin of the cadillac. Closing speed was VERY fast. i slammed on the brakes and threw the car, a small datsun B210, into a slide with my driver's door headed toward the fin. I jerked the wheel left and whipped around the caddy in the side line, to the right of the fog line, flew back into my lane, and continued going at 50-60mph down the freeway. I must have been half an inch from the caddy as I flew past.

Don't know to this day how I made it around. I either accidentally did everything exactly right, or I had some sort of help.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Two important details would be the tread on your tires, and the state of your brakes (what type and how used)

I am just being objective, not counting out anything. Just not enough information.

One more thing the weight of your bike. You could make a rough physics calculation based on these and your own personal weight.
edit on 26-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Adrenalin will enhance performance. Whatever "Chi" might be, I've always felt it involved some control over adrenalin production.

Glad you're still here.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

My back wheel locked up and causing me to power slide to my left. Almost like something was cushioning me from the front and redirecting my forward velocity.

Physics..?

Come to think of it, the distance was more like 20ft or so...

Sensationalism - not Chi...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Two important details would be the tread on your tires, and the state of your brakes (what type and how used)

I am just being objective, not counting out anything. Just not enough information.

One more thing the weight of your bike. You could make a rough physics calculation based on these and your own personal weight.
edit on 26-10-2011 by KingAtlas because: G&S

Hmm...not sure if any of you are cyclists??? You know, those road bike with skinning tires??? The width of the tire is less than 1 inch. No threads. Very little surface contact area. They are meant to go fast but horrible in wet condition. Me and my bike weights about 160 lb. Double caliber brake made by Mavic. Is good but it is not a motorcycle or a car. The brakes are meant to slow you down but not to make you to come to a full stop all of a sudden. If the brakes were that good, I won't be powersliding. Is almost like me and my bike were pivoting on the front wheel and changed direction suddenly. The strange thing was that it all happened in a very controlled movement.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

LOL...don't know. If I will come back from another life threatening situation, I make sure I will update here....

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A few decades ago I was learning to drive, actually in a lesson, about my 8th one and I was at a crossroads.
There was a filter left (in UK, like a right in US) and I was in the middle lane with one more lane to my right.
The light turned green and I should have made my way into the left lane as the road went down to only 2 lanes. But I didn't.
I kept going over the line that separated the two lanes and my instructor was about to get annoyed with me but he saw that someone had stayed in the left lane, who hadn't turned left at the crossroad. He was actually overtaking me on the inside lane!
I hadn't seen the car in the wing mirror.

The air then turned blue.

If I had got into the left lane I wouldn't be here now. I still don't know why I kept going over the line, effectively making a third lane. It's never happened there since.

I have had many other times that I have been saved.
Once, my hand on the steering wheel, was moved by an outside force to avoid a head on collision.

I am pretty sure I have used telekinesis to move a 2 ton Landrover to avoid a fatal slide over a 200ft drop in the Italian Alps. At the time I thought it was an Angel that had saved us. But now I know that it is within us all to be able to do these things.
Faith can move mountains.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Did it feel as though time slowed down for you. I have dodged the reaper several times now as cyclist, motorist and pedestrian.Every time, I pulled an evasive manouver during which it seemed like time slowed allowing me to do so.I'm guessing adrenaline has something to do with it or else the phenomenon is merely the product of corrupted memory.

It's weird though as I seem to remember a lot of detail from such incidents almost as though for that second or two I have a photographic memory. I can only assume that the some(but not all) of the other parties in the incidents underwent the same reaction and our collective reactions prevented the accident.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada

Did it feel as though time slowed down for you. I have dodged the reaper several times now as cyclist, motorist and pedestrian.Every time, I pulled an evasive manouver during which it seemed like time slowed allowing me to do so.I'm guessing adrenaline has something to do with it or else the phenomenon is merely the product of corrupted memory.

It's weird though as I seem to remember a lot of detail from such incidents almost as though for that second or two I have a photographic memory. I can only assume that the some(but not all) of the other parties in the incidents underwent the same reaction and our collective reactions prevented the accident.

Maybe a little. All I remember was that I wasn't looking at anything. My attention was in a meditative state, looking within, and knowing that I am about to hit the SUV head on. I didn't apply any more pressure on the brakes. Any harder I will lockup the wheels, which can lead to unpredictable results. First, I heard the roar of the engine. I immediately realized what he was about to do. I was about to crossing under the green light. I grabbed the brakes. I wasn't panicking, but to expect to crash to the SUV. It felt time was a bit slower. There was a moment I felt I wasn't moving at all. Then, next thing I remembered was that I was power sliding in a controlled movement. Throughout the whole incidence I didn't un-clip from my pedals. I was on the bike the whole time.

Sorry guys, I don't believe in the pop's psychology of adrenalin theory. Believe me, I race bike too. If you suck in racing, you can't be in one day a super cyclist winning major races just because you have the adrenalin pumping. You can't perform super human deeds without training, without having anticipated your actions, unless you dope.
Adrenalin would not allow you to preform physical actions beyond what you genetically capable of doing. In the endurance sports such as cycling, it is your VO2 Max output which is largely genetically determined. That's why we have someone like Lance Armstrong the rest of us are just a mere human.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Maybe you used your chi,or maybe it was your brains amazing drug laboratory coming into play.

When you are in a life threatening situation,your brain can perform some incredible feats-It can slow down time,give you millisecond reactions,save your life without your conscious brain even having time to catch up.

A similar thing happened to me a few times.

top topics

join