It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check your skies.........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
Then i saw some actual tail debris burn up (and have for days now) and that was different again.. one was a bit too close.. like right over my head close.. this was last Thursday night.

This line made me sit up straight even thou i haven't slept and it's 7 am over here.
I have been looking up for about 16 years or so. And when I say "looked up" I mean looking for something. Not just: oh there's the moon. So I have seen allot of strange stuff but most of the stuff could have been planes, satellites, meteors and what not.

But the last weeks I have seen more stuff I cant explain. Like it's getting more frequent.

But back to that line. That was my exact thought when I saw it come in and burn up (yeah, it was visible that "long") and i went: now that didn't look right, too close.

So i have to ask you, why did you feel it was "too close"?
edit on 27-10-2011 by FejkNick because: Typos

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was coming back home from a small party an hour ago.

While on the highway, my GF and I could clearly see some weird lights over town, 2 perfectly parallel lights on the horizon about 15 km from us. We watched them for 8-10 minutes and found it pretty weird that they didn't seem to move and were visible clearly from so far.

I found it pretty weird.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

For one it was closer than the others, looked like a flare only sideways and burning as it came in.. yer typical piece of space rock burning up.. only i could almost feel it burning.. which was a first.

Dam thing made me nervous really.. i even said to my dog quote "oki maxie.. think we should go in now.. that was a bit too close for me"

I don't rattle easy either.. but the thought in my head at the time was "what if the next one comes closer" even at such a tiny size i never want to be brained with some space rock

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have been watching sattelites since about this time in 2009. I bought a house in the country and while laying in the hammock one night I noticed what i assume was a satellite shooting across the sky. I freaked out and took a few pictures of it (typical light in the sky pictures). Following that night I continued to see these on a regular basis. My wife, my 4 yr old daughter, and I would actually lay a blanket out on the front lawn and just watch the stars for for a while. The satellites became common and I kind of lost interest but I would always point them out to friends when I saw them and like I said it could be nearly a dozen over half an hour or so. My sister and brother in law saw them as well one night swimming in our pool. Things got really strange one night I had a friend from out of town visiting. We went outside and I pointed one out to him joking about paranoia and aliens etc. Shortly after there were a series of flashes in different areas of the sky and we noticed many of these objects changing brightness or the light going out only to come back on a few seconds later as we followed them across the night sky. Some of these were much brighter than the stars that night some dim. We then noticed what we thought was a terrestrial aircraft as it appeared lower and much brighter than the others. It did not have nav lights and seemed to be flashing as it flew. We watched it fly over us and make a turn before disappearing over the mountains to our east. It was completely silent. After that my friend no longer poked fun at my sky watching and has, since moving back, became an avid sky watcher himself.
edit on 27-10-2011 by algaedyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good clear sky again tonight.

ISS was due 7.39pm GMT. Again it was about 2mins late. Watched cross from west to east , very bright. Really don't know why its lights went out last night when I was watching it.

Anyway, there was plenty of shooting stars tonight as well. About 10 mins after the ISS i caught sight of what i would consider a normal satellite. It wasn't listed on sat fly-bys but it was a good size and gave a good big flash.

It really makes me wonder about the other lights I am seeing. I seen another couple of these tonight travelling again from north to south and back again. These are tiny compared to the ISS. They also seem much deeper in space. I always feel the ISS is very close to us compared to stars. While these lights I am watching almost seem to be in amongst the stars in deep space.

I probably didn't stress last night these are tiny. They are very dim. THey all are the same size bightness. There is no flashing or brightening up that I would often see with satellites. If they were any samller or dimmer they would not be visible. IT would be very hard to spot these glancing around the sky. I usually watch a particular area of stars and eventually these things turn up and you spot them moving past. Then you can follow them across the sky. They are right at the end of scale of being visible with the naked eye.

Anyway after viewing the ISS and other flashing satellite tonight I am not convinced the other small dimmer lights are satellites.

Forgot to mention the moon is not about the last couple of nights and if it was it would possibly be bright enough to make the lights I am observing invisible. THats probably a fairly big point I left out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join