It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Species 5618

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
According to one (popular ?) theory, its all about the Gold! The aliens like/need the Gold.

Gold has a unique ability that man isn't aware of yet. It can be "charged up" like a battery. But it puts out 10,000 times more energy than you put in. When fully charged it is basically plutonium. But it wants to be gold again.So when done right a cascade reaction can be induced that releases tons of energy that can be used for powering a ship or planet. And it can be throttled so as to not release it all at once.

When mankind figures out how to use gold catalyst to power it's ships it will finally be among the stars.

Haven't you ever wondered why gold was valuable? Why man loves it? It is the ultimate power source.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by AurelioMaghe
Voyager is NOT canon!

Either are Ferengis!

Blasphemy, they are.
They appear in TNG and DS9, while all this borg bs is just voyager, therefore not canon.
And if ya'll wondering ENT is not canon either.

Originally posted by Ookie
Gold has a unique ability that man isn't aware of yet. It can be "charged up" like a battery.... Cut...

Interesting. But you know this.. how exactly?
edit on 26-10-2011 by AurelioMaghe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Well, just take the wind out of my sails, why don't ya.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Voyager is NOT canon!

Either are Ferengis!

Blasphemy, they are.
They appear in TNG and DS9, while all this borg bs is just voyager, therefore not canon.
And if ya'll wondering ENT is not canon either.

Gold has a unique ability that man isn't aware of yet. It can be "charged up" like a battery.... Cut...

Interesting. But you know this.. how exactly?

"...while all this borg bs is just voyager, therefore not canon."

You haven't a clue...The Borg first appeared in TNG season 3, episode "Q Who." And then followed by the 3rd season cliff hanger "Best of Both Worlds Part 1 & 2" into season 4. Followed in the 5th season in the episode "I, Borg." And again in the sixth season in "Descent."

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I meant the Species 5618 bs.
Do you honestly think I would not know when the Borg first appeared in Star Trek? Jesus........

Voyager just completely ruined the Borg.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I meant the Species 5618 bs.
Do you honestly think I would not know when the Borg first appeared in Star Trek? Jesus........

Species 5618 is human...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What would our species or planet have to offer extraterrestrials?

The same they could offer humanity...

what can extraterrestials offer the GUARDIANS of this lil universe in which they interact for EXIT fees? Or do YOU FEEL they prefer to stay WITHIN IT?
edit on 10/26/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
According to one (popular ?) theory, its all about the Gold! The aliens like/need the Gold.

Gold has a unique ability that man isn't aware of yet. It can be "charged up" like a battery. But it puts out 10,000 times more energy than you put in. When fully charged it is basically plutonium. But it wants to be gold again.So when done right a cascade reaction can be induced that releases tons of energy that can be used for powering a ship or planet. And it can be throttled so as to not release it all at once.

When mankind figures out how to use gold catalyst to power it's ships it will finally be among the stars.

Haven't you ever wondered why gold was valuable? Why man loves it? It is the ultimate power source.

What bunch of bull#.
The only thing aliens would be interested by is interbreeding with our females to make super-soldiers.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Jesus Christ, I clearly meant from the beginning that since that classification/definition for Humans by the Borg is from a Voyager Episode, it it non canonical.
That's it! Nothing less nothing more!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AurelioMaghe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94c4b3535645.gif[/atsimg]

I thought TNG, Voyager and Enterprise were great shows.
I didn't care for DS9.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They all contributed in their way to the Star Trek phenomena. I agree!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The OP's question assumes that an alien race would seek to exploit species 5618... if that's the case than I would say we would offer....

....resistance

...but that would be futile eh?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
The OP's question assumes that an alien race would seek to exploit species 5618... if that's the case than I would say we would offer....

....resistance

...but that would be futile eh?

Very nicely put!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
**Attention**

The off topic and personal remarks end here.

Any further violations will result in posting bans of at least 72hrs.

~Keeper
ATS Staff

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

edit on 26-10-2011 by Ookie because: didn't want to annoy the mods

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It could be like in an old episode of Twilight Zone ( if I'm not mistaken, that is... )

A fleet of ETs get here, tell us they are our creators, and ask humans if they have something to offer. We have like 24 hours to demonstrate we are worthy of still remaining alive...

So, in the UN, leaders frantically work towards total peace on Earth, and even start dismantling nuclear bombs, etc.

When the 24 hours are over, humans are asked what they can offer. UN leaders are proud to present a bible of a document showing total peace on Earth has been achieved, etc.

The aliens reply that they do not care for peace. They are at war, and in their search for formidable weapons, they create whole races and when the time has come, incorporate those new species and their weapons in their army.

Nuclear was like simple fire to them... it turned out humans were TOO PACIFISTS as a race to be worthy of living...

That story was so f****g cool!!!

End of us...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join