It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people allowed to make overt threats without penalty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here is a link to a post at ATS which the mods have allowed to stand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

post removed by staff

post removed by staff.

It is clear that this poster is making a threat, yet it stands.

I believe that there is a choice on the part of the mods to penalize me and allow others to make threats and call me names.

In another thread the mods allowed a poster to repeatedly call me stupid. The poster wrote you are stupid. In another thread where I wrote something indistinct and not about a particular poster I was penalized. I responded to a post where someone claimed that some believe X and I wrote that someone would have to be really stupid to believe in that.

I was fined 1000 points and several other posts where the name calling was directed to me was allowed to stand.

So now we have a case where a person makes a strong threatening statement directed towards me and it stands. Not only does it stand, but the post isn't removed due to its off topic nature.

There is a double standard that I see as a conspiracy on the part of the mods.

edit on Tue Oct 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would like to add that in the case of the poster calling me stupid I complain here in this forum in a thread about the hate at ATS. So this is not the first time I have questioned the motives of the mods in addressing civility.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Please take no offense as I have questioned the mods myself, but did you pm them after the initial deduction and tell them your complaint. I have never had my deduction reversed, even though it was tiny, but there was moderation done again in order to make it fair across the thread. Im not sure if it was necessary to bring a thread up on it, but I have encountered an unfairness in moderation and had it rectified through pm to my satisfaction.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That, and a threat online? That's something to take seriously. I say leave the comment, let others laugh at the poster.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Did you hit the "alert" button on said posts? If not, then you can't be
bro.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If you have a question for the moderators - such as the one you've presented here, please make use of the complaints feature or alternatively you can use the Alert! function when you have a problem with specific post. Option 3 is to message one of the moderators directly.

There is little point in posing your question in a public thread, seeing that members generally are not privy to the discussion(s) that go on (and went on) behind the scenes.

Remember that this is an extremely busy board. We cannot always respond to each and every query about a post not being removed. Sometimes a complaint slips through the cracks. If a post you complained about is still about after a couple of hours, it's okay to make a query/launch a second complaint. If the post still remains intact, then it should be obvious that the staff discussed the complaint and found that the post did not break any terms or conditions, and you’ll need to accept the fact.

I think some members would be surprised to see how many people complain about their posts...

Also remember: YOU are responsible for YOUR POSTS

Any additional questions can be sent directly to the staff.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join