It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take A Deep Breath, Let's Think For A Moment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Herein lies the problem. Too many people want too many different things. What's at the top of the list for one guy isn't at the top for another. Too many balls of wax going on at one time.

Which is exactly why everyone is looking for an event that 'magnetizes' us and aligns our priorities. Once most of us want the same things with equal priority (basic resources/security) we will come together.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Asking your forgiveness in advance, allow me to babble a moment.

Are the people as polarized as the politicians and organizations? If they are, then OK, no short term hope. But are we at the stage where we have abandoned a societal idea of right and wrong?

Is there a question about what is more important, the people or the government? Can we agree that the physical protection of the Nation is the top priority of government? Is there an American framework? If every value is relative and the population is uneducated then we will go where the mob or the police take us.

Please find one value we can all support. There has to be a foundation to build on, but I don't know what it would be. I'm pretty sure you couldn't get a 2/3 majority for the Constitution if it were to be offered to the states today.

<< 1   >>

join