It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Causes and Necessity of taking up Arms" 1775. Are we there yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
First I'm sorry that I can't write detailed analysis replies but watching two infants kinda keeps down my word count LOL.

I hate to say it, it tastes like bitter ashes even crossing my lips (fingers?), but I believe any armed conflict on the horizon will end up being more of a (un)civil war. But with not just two sides, initially it may be, but with it filtering out to many, many sides. There is no true dividing line available in this hypothetical conflict, should it be class, race, etc. Look at your neighborhood and let's just say within four square blocks of your home. Are the said neighborhoods that integrated? For example (and pardon the generalization it is for example only) how close is Po' White Trash to the more affluent folks? If you believe that such intermixing doesn't exist think of when the last time there was a meth lab or even a drug bust 'just around the corner'.

So with the above thoughts, I would envision an armed conflict devolving into more pre-middle ages type feudal disputes. The majority ideals of area X vs area Y and heaven help those that disagree with the feudal lord of the area whether elected or in charge because of strength of arms.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but it is truly the only way I could see an armed resistance settling out after the initial shots.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Technomancer01
ATS is a good barometer for what you speak.

Look at the narcisistic mentality that permeates this board.

Look at the fragile psyche that has become so common place in our society. Of course, this has to be part of the plan, how else can you control such massive groups of people, without making each of them think that they are the special one. That no one else's ideas or feelings matter. That the entire world has to spin around them. That their rights and entitlements out rank any other's.

We no longer have close knit families. We no longer have neighbors. We are individual enclaves, that are concerned about self above all others. Because of this we are weak. Weak in mind, body and spirit. We are easy pickings.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Does it not first speak of the coming of an imposter, that will trick the world into thinking that we have a one world global utopia, before he shakes off his cloak and we see him for the demon he actually is?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Who do you people think wins a civil war? The American people?

Let this country fall into civil chaos and an invasion by Russia or China or both would shortly follow.

There would be no America anymore.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
...an invasion by Russia or China or both would shortly follow.

We have our problems as Americans. But an invasion would be the quickest way to unify the American people well beyond anything ever experienced as a nation. Don't underestimate American patriotism.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

We have our problems as Americans. But an invasion would be the quickest way to unify the American people well beyond anything ever experienced as a nation. Don't underestimate American patriotism.

Just like Red Dawn,,,, just like on TV.

Real life isn't anything like TV... a civil war in the US would throw the entire world into chaos, it would be bloody, millions would die and the end result would be no better than what you started with, if anything was left at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

There would be no America anymore.

Did you mean?
There w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ is no America anymore.

At least not the one that used to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

If there was a Civil War, the side of the government would likely call in Russia and/or China to help and then the rebels would lose and so would America which would no longer exist as we ever knew her.

In short, I don't think Russia or China would invade in the classical sense at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Its fairly obvious if a question like the one has been posted then a certain number of people are not at all happy with the way that the governments been performing. The problem seems to be that a great percentage of the population have no say in the way things are run, and the other percentage is running things for their own benefit, which is just human nature. When you get to a state where a good proportion of the population cant read anything more than a comic book, you have definitely passed some point of no return.

The governments business has to be defined, it does not exist to make the rich richer, its their for the general wellbeing of the general population, their Education needs and their Health needs, in these areas no amount of spin would make it a success.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In short, I don't think Russia or China would invade in the classical sense at all.

Xi Jinping and Valdamir would probably be watching via their HD Skype, placing bets, and laughing their assess off.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thanks for all the new reply posts here. Looks like I'll have to do some more homework to add to the discussion.

The thing is, IMO, that the founding father's were really into the politics of their time and took an active roll in what was going on. They got involved and made their opinions known. They rallied up the forces and backed it with ideas that enough people believed in to make it work.

Of course they were building a country from the ground up and this made it necessary, if not some what easier, for the people to have control because of the evolving situation. IMO, today's struggle should made from the ground up as well. The honest citizens, who have the good of the people in mind, have to get involved at the local level and clean house there first. I don't mean telling your township board, town or city council what's on your mind during the meetings. These days if they don't just plain ignore your concerns, they actually will throw you in jail for being out of line with the procedures. At the very least they will harass and vilify you.

What I mean is grassroots organizations to get the right people on the boards and work your way up the political ladder. Clean your house locally of corrupt politicians and unjust laws. Also, target the big business interests in control to keep them from influencing your efforts. Remove the big power players and the money and put the concerns of the average citizens first and I think you're on your way to establishing a power base to work up from.

IMO, that's the kind of revolution that is needed, not an armed revolt. The good people need to organize and change things from the ground up, locally, then regionally, then state wide and finally on the federal level. If we wait too long to do this, then eventually an armed revolution will have to take place. If that happens, then the good people will have to stand up and take control anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The governments business has to be defined, it does not exist to make the rich richer, its their for the general wellbeing of the general population, their Education needs and their Health needs, in these areas no amount of spin would make it a success.

We are part of a system that has been in play for a very long time. It goes back so far that we can no longer see its edges, because we are right smack dab in the middle of the rabbit hole.

Nothing is as it seems, and everything is done with a purpose.

We have been trained, groomed, programed, and conditioned, through centuries of generations.

This video is just a glimpse of how thorough and detailed our programming has been, and just how successful it has been.

We think we are free, the joke is on us.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
We are way past that point, that one mentioned in the heading of the OP.

This is the reason the gun control rhetoric is becoming so insistent.

In reality it is not the populace which is threatened by the people having the right to bear arms.

Of course public opinion, which is almost as terrifying a thing as having one's fate decided by a jury if one is wealthy enough to even be able to secure adequate legal representation and take a case to trial and not be forced to accept some bogus and unlawful plea bargain.....Is all too frequently considered in the decision making process.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
In 1775, the Americans wanted to be British subjects and still be able to run their own affairs. ( The idea was that Britain would tell us how much tax to pay and we would decide how to come up with the money.)

About 1776, or a bit after, maybe as late as the victory at Saratoga, Americans felt that complete separation was the only goal.

A real revolution happens when all of the people are living in a certain way that is fundamentally opposed to the old ruling paradigm. There is only violence if the rulers try to change everyone's way of life by force. Otherwise the old ruling paradigm fades away like an extinct beast.

Revolutions are only won when the people are living in the new way before the shooting starts. (No shooting is necessary)

In 1775 Americans were already living like Americans. The shooting was about the old rulers trying to change the basic way of American life.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join