It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan rebels sited as AL-QUEDA by UN, USA, and UK! Gaddafi says Al-Qaeda took over Libya to BBC in

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Gaddafi's first time BBC interview (28/02/2011) since the crisis erupted in Libya. Gaddafi is never fond of speaking in English, but surprisingly, he retaliated to the BBC interviewer in English stresssing that Libyans would die to protect him. (Be patient to watch until he hits back in English!).

Seems he was right?

For U.S. intelligence services, the man who led the rebel assault on Tripoli, and is now the de facto military governor of the capital, is an old acquaintance. The CIA had tracked down the accused jihadist, and eventually captured him in Malaysia in 2003. The agency is believed to have then transferred him, in total silence, to a “top secret” prison in Bangkok.

However if the CIA wanted him, it’s first because he was one of the founders, and even the “emir” of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), a small highly radical organization, which prior to Sept. 11 had two secret training camps in Afghanistan. The CIA was extremely interested in one of them, Shahid Cheikh Abu Yahya, about 19 miles north of Kabul, where the LIFG welcomed volunteers who had links with Al Qaeda.

www.worldcrunch.com...

The rebels that the UN/NATO backed are known as the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group. But they are also listed as terrorists by the UN.

LIFG was banned worldwide (as an affiliate of al-Qaeda) by the UN 1267 Committee.[2] Listed at the Foreign Terrorist Organizations.

www.un.org...

On October 10, 2005, the United Kingdom's Home Office banned LIFG and fourteen other militant groups from operating in the UK. Under the United Kingdom's Terrorism Act 2000, being a member of a LIFG is punishable with a 10-year prison term. The Financial Sanctions Unit of the Bank of England acting on behalf of HM Treasury issued the orders to freeze all their assets.

en.wikipedia.org...

The USA also lists LFIG under Forign Terrorists Groups, it is # 26 on this list.

www.state.gov...

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links

In an interview with the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore, Mr al-Hasidi admitted that he had recruited "around 25" men from the Derna area in eastern Libya to fight against coalition troops in Iraq. Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya". Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader

www.telegraph.co.uk...

articles.cnn.com... =PM:WORLD

How can the west support a group

that is listed as Al-queda

affiliates and terrorists?

How is one evil for another helping the world?

Is this not aiding and embedding

Terrorist Organizations?

edit on 10/24/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Holy #!

S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Follow the money or oil whichever you want to choose, they will both invariably lead to the same point / place.

Lets see if Libyans are still celebrating a year from now

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG)

Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) is dedicated to two principle objectives. The founding goal of the terrorist group is to overthrow the current Libyan government led by Muammar Qadhafi. LIFG was founded on the belief that Qadhafi and his government are un-Islamic and should be overthrown. LIFG members have attempted, but failed, to assassinate Qadhafi. From the time it was founded until the late '90s, LIFG attacked Libyan security forces in armed altercations. Today, LIFG continues to target interest of the Libyan government. Some allege that LIFG still attacks Libyan security forces, although the frequency and intensity has decreased since the late 1990s. LIFG is suspected as one of the terrorist entities to provide materials for the May 2003 suicide bombings in Casablanca.

www.start.umd.edu...

From theCouncil On Foreign Relations

Is al-Qaeda connected to other terrorist organizations? Yes. Among them:

The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group

www.cfr.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Libya's liberation interim ruler unveils more radical than expected plans for Islamic law

Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, the chairman of the National Transitional Council and de fact president, had already declared that Libyan laws in future would have Sharia, the Islamic code, as its "basic source".

www.telegraph.co.uk... for-Islamic-law.html

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Man i miss Gaddafi

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Most or all of you have never heard of the Iraqi terrorist group "MEK" on the terrorist watch list.....now it's alleged they are in training by USA & Israeli ops.

Enemies today, friends tomorrow. Thats how it works.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
People should be very UPSET on this. We have a WAR on terror, while HELPING known terrorists get into power. And it no longer is a CONSPIRACY as everything is on record about this particular instance.

It is straight out of Orwellian 1984. We were never at war with Al-Queda Affiliates. We have always been at war with Libya.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

How convenient hey? Bloody War on Terror on one hand but assisting and supplying weapons and ammunition on the other!

Are we really surprised by this hypocritical behaviour?

I think I just heard a resounding NO!!!!
edit on 24-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is some of the most imprortant information on Libya and it only gets 5 flags. People NEED to read this info

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Reply to post by mnmcandiez

Unbelievable. The look on Gaddafis face is priceless when the zombie interviewer says he is killing his own people. He looks a million times more sincere and honest than Mr Harper apologixibg to Canadian aboriginals.. Good fn find OP!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is actually old info. You can find videos and articles discussing the links between AQ and the Libyan Rebels as far back as late March. Alex Jones (yeah I know, I know) has been saying this since March as well. It is simply amazing to me how many people seem to have missed it.

Here is an article from March 2011 in which Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, admits that some of his front line rebel fighters actually fought US Troops in Iraq... and these are the people the US is funding, training and arming.

The Telegraph

Also from March 2011 this appears on FOX news.

To make things more interesting, do not forget that "Rebels" released several AQ prisoners from a Prison in Tripoli back in August 2011 (Yes "mad man Gadafhi arrested AQ members and placed them in jail, the "Rebels freed them)

Of course here is Alex Jones from March 30 2011 in which he discusses Gadahfi saying he is being attacked by AQ and how it is AQ who are the US/NATO backed Rebels.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Support?
No No No, he was OUR guy.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Another video worth watching.

It breaks things down in a chronological order as they happened. I will leave you to decide what to make of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I know it is nothing new. I knew about it for moths. I just didn't see a thread about it on ATS, so I made one.

I also didn't see a thread citing UN, US Gov, and CFR sources specifically listing LFIG as Al-queda affiliates.

Plus information is ALWAYS new to someone, the more that know the better
A bunch of people say they have al-queda members, but the rebels (LFIG) themselves are listed as a terrorist organization by the USA and UN.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Great post, this whole Gaddafi situation has always been blurred at the edges but it is now clear as day that this has been orchestrated by certain people who will benefit hugely from Africa stagnating in its poverty, hunger and corruption instead of moving forward and becoming independant as a United States like Gaddafi was promoting.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
so USA, UK, France etc. supported Al-Qaeda ... wait ... they are Al-Qaeda

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

This is it...

They don't even care how obvious it is anymore...
edit on 24-10-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: make my point clearer

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
WTF??? But Sarcozy and Cameron were there waving "freedom" flags hahaha... this Libya thing is just impudence. A big joke for all. The things that we all are witnessing are just unbelievable. And people still buy and believe all the lies from MSM? ZOMBIES!!!!!. I don´t know if to get angry or just laugh

edit on 24-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo
WTF??? But Sarcozy and Cameron were there waving "freedom" flags hahaha... this Libya thing is just impudence. A big joke for all. The things that we all are witnessing are just unbelievable. And people still buy and believe all the lies from MSM? ZOMBIES!!!!!. I don´t know if to get angry or just laugh

I could repeat your words in talking about 9/11 but we both know nothing is going to happen unless we make it happen

Fifty dead bodies of gaddaffi supporters dumped in the street of Libya today but the BBC is going to run some cock and ball story about gaddaffi killing people with tanks.

For that part of the world the people in Libya lived like kings but some members of the NTC who worked for Gaddaffi wanted more, got greedy and now the people in Libya are going to pay.

When these muslims all workout they are being played against each other they are going to well pissed off and not only will that be the end of the modern crusades but possibly the end of the world given all the nukes and biological agents that now exists.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join