It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did You Know Feds Will Temporarily Cut Off All TV and Radio Broadcasts on November 9?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I know this is how he will communicate to the masses and the only question is when, soon I expect. So much prophecy is coming to pass it is hard to keep up with it. The hour of temptation is almost upon us so therefore watch and pray .

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by barkingdogamato

They have always had this ability...use to be called the EBS or Emergency Broadcast System. Use to require someone like me in the studio to flip a switch when the signal went of and then flip another switch to send the signal out to the other stations in my area. Now with computers and the recent upgrade to the system they can do it from one location.

I get your point but that is actually a pretty big difference isn't it? In the old way how many other people like you had to flip a switch? Which, of course, leaves them with the ability to choose NOT to flip it...the central location takes a lot of concientious objection out of the equation.

Now, granted with the stated purpose of the system there would be no need to object. But, at a conspiracy site, I am guessing some are wondering at the possibility of more nefarious applications.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Yep and ham radios.

Course a RF jammer will play havoc with them.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Yep and ham radios.

Course a RF jammer will play havoc with them.

What about police radio?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

Only one station is or was assigned as the controlling station. Most cities have what they call a "Clear Channel" (not the company) station an AM band statiopn which no other station broadcast on that freq for a very long distance. This is way you can pick up some stations (AM) for a very long distance in addition to the AM skip. The other station did have to flip switches...actually two at the same time....one up and one down which produced the "tone" you hear when thwey test the system....then flip another switch to put it on the air.

Some recievers later were able to do it automatically by tone reciept and the overide just happened usually in mid sentence and always P'd me off...each station had to have a reciever and it had to be working...worked for several places that use to leave them unhooked so no commercial time was interuppted and yes they would get a huge fine for doing so but usually when the FCC was in town everyone knew and was prepared.

The new digital systems in place now are able to be controlled from one location and this test will be the first time it is activated from a central location...not sure if the signal will go to evrywhere at once or if it will be sent to a central location in each state then activated. The idea behind the old system was for area alerts not national or evn state wide but this new system is national so it should be intresting.

My guess is it will not work as sold to the Gov and there will be lots of problems. Not sure if SAT radio is cooperating or not...cable systems in each area are now required but not sure for SAT radio.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This wont effect europe/UK will it?
Just curious.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

SAT radio was the first to have this system em-placed, I think it was part of the original licensing for the type approval. Can't remember for sure, I'll try to find it for you.

Agree on the probable problems, doubt it's gonna work as advertised.
edit on 23/10/11 by barkingdogamato because: Addition comment

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join